Why does Firefox freeze, load slowly or run like shit compared to chromium?

Why does Firefox freeze, load slowly or run like shit compared to chromium?
It thankfully Firefox doesn't crash but it feels like a shit browser in comparison.

Other urls found in this thread:

bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1283302
helpdeskgeek.com/how-to/use-firefoxs-aboutconfig-settings-to-speed-up-web-browsing/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

because of ff's default redraw/repaint settings

terrible software but I still use it cause it just has better extensions

Firefox or chromium?

What should we do with this redraw/repaint settings? I use firefox and refuse to use anything else/

Firefox needs to get its shit together, Chromium is definitely faster. It's not a bad browser, it's just behind the competition. Opera, that is a BAD browser.

I still use Firefox even though Chromium is better. Brand loyalty and I love the logo

bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1283302
helpdeskgeek.com/how-to/use-firefoxs-aboutconfig-settings-to-speed-up-web-browsing/

about:config > new integer nglayout.initialpaint.delay 0

Unrelated, but any idea how to increase the number of tabs loaded at a time when loading a previous session?

I can open a bookmark folder with 20 bookmarks and have all of them load simultaneously, but loading tabs from a previous session is limited to 3.

Because Firefox started employing based on social justice and culture rather than skill and capability.
Ergo their coding especially went down the shitter in the past few years.
For the past few months, Firefox has been especially getting shit because they've stopped working on the old engine, and are starting to replace it with a new engine.
The new engine and language will be their last chance at doing something right in terms of performance.

I'm still going to have to use it because there is no such shit as extensions requiring you to pay to unlock full features (Outliner on Chromshit), because certain extensions don't have the browser nagging you or fucking you for using them (YouTube Center), because i can get vertical tabs and customization,
because all extensions work due to certain Firefox features that don't make the system crash for using them (SessionBuddy on Chromshit is useless due to their lack of tab lazy loading), because it has better extensions, and because Firefox allows me to do some shit like opening certain media via external applications despite security if i deem i can deal with it while Chrome forces me into a jail (at least for now).

Add browser.sessionstore.restore_on_demand and set it to false

Not who you were responding to but thank you. I was wondering about this as well.

I have, but it only loads 3 tabs at a time.

You can't compare Firefox, a complete browser, with a piece of trash like chromium.

>comparing single-process browser vs multi-process browser
>in a task that highly benefits from multiple processes
gr8 b8

also, show resource usage. I bet Chrome uses a buttload more RAM than Firefox.

Last time i tried chromium started to shit itself at 50+ tabs open
Firefox works fine with the 80-120 tabs i usually have. And i never noticed any freezes, the lag is not much, but real.

Why the fuck does your Firefox load the content of all the loaded tabs?
Is it because you loaded from a bookmark folder?

I use sessionmanager and all tabs except the focused ones are loaded as placeholders until they are activated.
My system would shit itself if it did what you just did there, which happens on Chrome, which makes it unusable for me.

Is it a recording issue or the images in chromium look like shit compared to firefox?

It's just compression artifacts, not Chromium

But why is it only happening at the end of the video? I'm curious just why its happening.

>Brand loyalty
>I love the logo
leave

this

>Brand loyalty and I love the logo

follow the advice in this thread:
Including the part farther down about increasing the number of processes running.

When you do this you will get performance very close to Chromium.

I would use Chromium full time if you could disable directwrite. Also post previews are broken on Sup Forums with Windows Chromium 53

>I would use Chromium full time if you could disable directwrite.
This makes me so fucking mad. My beautiful MacType font rendering doesn't work anymore and now everything looks like shit.

Try this one as well
browser.sessionstore.restore_pinned_tabs_on_demand