How much of you still using W7?

W8 and W10 memes fucking shit

Other urls found in this thread:

support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3053711
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NVM_Express#Background
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>how much of you
>memes fucking shit
Of course you'd fall for the "w7 is the last good windows" meme, you're an underage child browsing Sup Forums.

I have Win7 at my workplace. Everybody is using it.

I'm using comfy Solus

>falling for the upgrade meme

>boss forces everyone to use 10 at work

Name one thing wrong with Windows 10 compared to other versions of Windows, other than mah privacy and the windows store (Just fucking ignore it, it's not hard)

Windows 7 Master Race

Please tell me this isn't true.

>
God why

I don't see a problem here, it's legit just a touch screen friendly version of the regular control panel.

You still have the old control panel available easily.

What do you mean? have you not used it? Lol, yes, the OS is kind of skizophrenic..

>I don't see a problem here
Then you're just like the OS (;

kekkity kek

It's a fucking change of UI that you can ignore anyway.

I'm still not convinced that there is anything wrong, because your only argument is meaningless.

>I don't see a problem here, it's legit just a touch screen friendly version of the regular control panel.
Nigga you dumb. The settings app has completely different settings from the control panel.

>one part awesome
Bullshit awesome window manager doesn't come with windows. That's a flat out lie

>You still have the old control panel available easily.
Lolno, it's broken. Post screenshot of this.

Various retarded services are almost always on my top cpu usage in win7.

win7 on desktop and win10 on laptop
laptop is fast af with ssd

You're an actual retard.

Here

Actually no, it does not. The settings app was designed to be used by retarded consumers like you that can't figure out a complex UI.

Nice try

+ xboxhueg inconsistent menus and chrome

I accessed it through the control panel anyway.

You're making the choice to use the shitty touch friendly version to make it an argument.

Windows 7 master race. Taking it to the grave with me.

No, the control panel is broken in W10. Other things missing are tray customisation and, since 1607, taskbat customisation is gone too. Probably more, but I have not intentions in using that piece of junk anymore. You have them only in the retarded "settings app"

So why should I care?

W8 is fine with an app to make it look like win7

Now that I got you spreading lies you're making the victim?

>app

Updates are handled awfully, and not because of "muh forced reboot" boogeyman. Aside from security patches, it doesn't do small incremental updates. Everything that isn't a simple security patch will essentially pull a full reinstall of a new Windows build on you.
What I assume is a side effect of this causes it to reset my fucking Nvidia driver settings on every Windows update.
It also resets my fucking audio driver settings.
Not to mention my fucking default browser and photo viewer.

Aside from that, there's the inconsistent UI design. I have nothing against the flat theme, I actually prefer it over the less messy turd that was Windows 7. But why in the fuck do I have 3 different right click menus ?

If you can ignore these, Windows 10 is okay I guess. It's basically Windows 8.1 with better integration for the "modern" apps (they don't have to be fullscreen).

>W8

> High CPU use by taskhost.exe when Windows 8.1 user name contains "user"
support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3053711

> Symptoms
In Windows 8.1, when the user account name contains the word "user", intermittently you will find the process taskhost.exe keeps consuming high CPU percentage.

> Cause
This is a problem in the component DFPCommon.dl in Windows 8.1.

> Resolution
To resolve the issue, do not create a user account contains the string "user" on the computer.

> To resolve the issue, do not create a user account contains the string "user" on the computer.
>do not create a user account contains the string "user" on the computer.

It's a piece of shit riddled with bugs.

No, I'm just asking:
Why should I care?

If you're dumb enough to throw out a solid OS because of task bar and background customisation options, then what kind of faggot are you?

My original question is why you guys think that Windows 10 sucks. Can someone else make a better argument?

>solid OS
If you manage to log into it, that is.. lol

This nigger has some solid points.

>Updates are handled awfully
>Drivers
>Photo viewer

These I understand, along with windows edge and cocktana.

Thanks for making good arguments other than this faggot who is arguing about something as petty as the taskbar.

+ads
I hope you enjoy candy crush soda etition on your Windows 10 fucking Enterprise SKU

I had Fast Boot disabled on my laptop because it cause it randomly to either freeze, BSOD or just straight up shutdown. Latest patch turned that shit back up. Luckily I wasn't doing anything critical on it when it decided to shut itself down.

This is the most unreliable piece of shit they have ever produced.

Performance went dows ze drain too

>how do I delete tiles

You don't have to see the ads. You don't have to touch the store.

Feels good family

Right?

There's a better argument.. Never seen that problem before, and I run this OS on three of my machines.

>Just uninstall

Hey, at least you can brake it (a little more than it already is) to the point where you manage to stop the updates, so that's a plus.. I guess..

That doesn't actually refute that the ads come pre installed within the OS

You're shit out of luck if you want proper scaling though..

- There's a HUGE dick in muh ass, dude!
- Ignore it.
Ok then.

Is there a way to permanently activate win 10?

Go to bed Tommy.

No. Your best bet is Microsoft Toolkit for 180 days at a time. All other activator (kms pico xDD) are all based on MSToolkit.

Not the person you're replying to, but it's the fact that they're there in the first place, and you have to actually remove them. It wouldn't stop me from using it, but there really isn't any benefit to using it over previous editions of Windows.

what a fucking retarded graph by a fucking retarded attention whore poster

you mean mstoolkit is based on kms tools, not the other way around

>and you have to actually remove them
They come back eventually. You have to do that at least once a month.
And then you have these: taskbar ads

What's wrong with it?

I haven't seen a single ad since I installed it and I haven't even changed that many settings.

No, MSToolkit is the original KMS activator. Go on MDL for info.

Why is this a fucking thing?

they're testing with different drivers, and the OS simply does not have that kind of impact on performance unless you're comparing between the amount of bloatware that comes preinstalled

Never seen that in my life.

I generally remove Edge from the taskbar straight away though.

But there's more.

Ofcourse not, it's currently still in beta testing. Will land to stable soon (;

Reminder that you're legit fucking retarded for complaining about Windows 10 if you're using any version that isn't Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB N.

No, stop it!

no it isn't you retard, YOU go to school, learn reading comprehension, then go to mdl

toolkit is more recent, kms activators have been around for a while

>and the OS simply does not have that kind of impact on performance unless you're comparing between the amount of bloatware that comes preinstalled

That's literally the point of the chart, dude. It's a response to claims of "oh my god windows 10 is three times faster guys it's made of magic".

>yfw you didn't take the bait and "upgrade" to win10

Not to mention bloated. The slimmest version is of the same size as 7 Ultimate (but with 20000 more botnets). I can not imagine the shit that's on the regular SKUs..

No, that's not poo, pajeet and raj, that's Microsoft's strap on that feels up your ass right now (;

A fresh Windows 7 install is way more bloated than a fresh Windows 10 LTSB N install.

Those are fresh installs of 7SP1 and LTSB2016 both x64

Holy shit, right burns my eyes

You can't just hurt the grand company I work for! You dirty Americans, and your smelly toilets

How could M$ POSSIBLY remove bloat from 10 by adding in botnet and other shit? Proof or gtfo.

I'm not american (:

Look closer. I said Windows 10 LTSB N, which is the point she was making.

How the fuck do they measure VRAM usage? I need to check this out myself.

The only reason I don't use 7 is because it's outdated garbage that doesn't even have native NVMe or USB 3 support.

>How the fuck do they measure VRAM usage?
Process Explorer shows it.

>The only reason I don't use 7 is because it's outdated garbage that doesn't even have native NVMe or USB 3 support.
a) it's not outdated unless you say it is
b) what is nvme
c) usb 3 support can be resolved with driver

It's outdated because it's seven fucking years old. The fact that it doesn't have native USB 3 or NVMe support--support for modern technology--indicates that it's outdated. It doesn't even support UEFI natively for fuck's sake.

NVMe = non-volatile memory express, used in M.2 SSDs.

Tried W8.1. Couldn't connect to university wifi. Followed instructions from MS. It didn't work, the network management apps or whatever were just not found on the system. Wiped the SSD and went back to tried and tested old W7 after that.

>It's outdated because it's seven fucking years old. The fact that it doesn't have native USB 3 or NVMe support--support for modern technology--indicates that it's outdated. It doesn't even support UEFI natively for fuck's sake.
Install driver, restart, done. Wow, how difficult. Or take five minutes and integrate those drivers on your bootable media.

And Windows 8/10 aren't outdated despite being built upon a seventeen year old kernel?
What does UEFI improve upon over BIOS?
Who uses those SSD's?

>It doesn't even support UEFI natively for fuck's sake.
Oh, forgot, it does support UEFI natively. You either have to move the "EFI" folder one directory up, or use the SP1 image.

Why would I use anything else?

Who wouldn't be using an SP1 image nowadays?

Don't ask me, I'm not the one who said "[7] doesn't even support UEFI natively".

But it doesn't. UEFI didn't arrive until 2011.

UEFI isn't exactly a good thing. Takes control away from the end user and gives it to Microsoft.

It does, the SP1 image

:grin:

barely any control over the updates

Ikr, but hey, if you want it, it's there..

Is it?

>emojis

I hope you die in a fire

fuck off luddite

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NVM_Express#Background

People that want to move forward with technology.
>Using an interface not designed for that device

I use Windows 7 on both my gaming desktop & laptop.

I tried out Windows 10 but it feels way too bloated and generally a little buggier. Plus all the privacy concerns so I reverted. If someone makes a simple quick way to disable all privacy infringing aspects of Windows 10 then maybe I'll come back to it but the truth is there isn't anything wrong with Windows 7 that would make me switch.

Bravo! Which prize do you want?

>i don't know what a driver is

Windows 10 looks like something made by brainless monkeys from the marketing department.
95% of the development effort goes towards showing ads in more and more parts of the OS. It's like a constant whack-a-mole to keep that shit at bay.

If you're dedicated and have enough time you can disable all that nonsense, so it's not the end of the world.
But after that you're still left with an unfinished buggy product and you have to ask yourself why bother.

Either 7 or 8.1 work just fine and can last for a couple more years easily. In the mean time hopefully 10 gets out of beta and becomes more usable.