How good is telegram, compared To signal?

Everybody's praising signal, but signal has no desktop client

Other urls found in this thread:

sandervenema.ch/2016/11/why-i-wont-recommend-signal-anymore/
github.com/LibreSignal/LibreSignal
twitter.com/AnonBabble

roll out your own, can't trust the signal jew

>telelgram
1. no voice or video calling
2. the crypto is a broken joke
3. russian botnet
4. requires your phone number

just why

Signal does have a desktop client. It's just in invite only beta right now.

do you mean the chrome app i see linked on github? how can you trust a secure app running under a botnet?

It uses the google cloud services to push notifications that you have messages. Your phone then goes and fetches them directly from the signal server. Use the websocket fork if you're that scared of muh botnet.

Just imagine Marc Zuckerberg selling Facebook to NSA, immigrating to Germany and creating a (((secure messenger with """good crypto""")))

This is basically what happend to Pavel Durov in Russia.

Telegram's crypto is crap, and you shouldn't use it.

It would be better if Signal did have a native desktop client - especially given that Chrome apps have been discontinued and are likely to disappear in the future - but the Chrome app is functional for secure text messaging.

I wish it didn't require phone numbers either, but that wasn't Moxie's initial goal, and is a point for possible future work.

I'm surprised by the number of threads posted about it. One might think Pavel Durov had hired a PR team to shill.

This is accurate. It is also how the Android client works. It's largely the same thing, ported to Javascript. It's not perfect, but it's still better than anything from the Telegram team.

this

why doesnt Sup Forums use Wickr Me?

Whatsapp E2E encryption has made signal pointless. just use whatsapp.

For your slightly more technical friends use conversations/XMPP. the guy at conversations is doing good work to make xmpp modern and i think whatsapp uses modified xmpp

you are not important, you only talk about memes and send/receive dick pics, nobody gives a fuck about you. You can use whatever messenger you want nobody cares, even if your data is being collected it's actually garbage space on some server farm.
If you ever need to talk something important with someone just use something that supports gpg and keep it to a minimum and keep getting dick pics on your regular phone/messenger service like any other day. Best way to play it under the radar is like looking like 99% of the other idiots using shit.

Fuck my shit up memepai

easier to blend in than just being the typical paranoid that looks suspicious on the first sign of trouble.

>install Signal
>can't run without google play services

>>ignoring libresignal

TELEGRAM

custom rom, don't install gapps, download apk, fucking retarded pajeet

sandervenema.ch/2016/11/why-i-wont-recommend-signal-anymore/

Facebook is selling WhatsApp user and chat metadata.

github.com/LibreSignal/LibreSignal
It's dead.

W I R E
I
R
E

\thread

> Won't run without gapps

Using gpg for sensitive things means they are not blending in with non-sensitive things. I think that means they are going to be a target.

Our technology life is mixed with our real lives. Most people treat their text messages as private things so they should be actually be private.

Wire