"MacBook"minus the "Mac" = just "Book"

>"MacBook"minus the "Mac" = just "Book"
$300 for a glorified picture book, apple is becoming so retarded it's not even funny at this point, it's just sad.

>t.poorfag who can't even afford a fucking book

Maybe you should get a job and stop projecting, faggot.

design books are expensive as fuck, the Louis Vuitton 'windows' book is like $800

You aren't the target market for every product ever made. you know that right?

It's like a man going into a shop and saying it's stupid they sell skirts, because he doesn't, and never would, wear a skirt.

fuck off Sup Forums

I mean not saying people shouldn't buy books, I'm saying that pricing a picture book at $300 is fucking stupid.
You can buy 1.3 million dollar gold toilet paper, it doesn't mean it's worth it, even if I may not be the "target audience" to buy an overpriced book.

>judging the price and value of products purely by raw material
You're so retarded it hurts.

rude

Then please open threads about gold toilet paper and Rolex watches. Or don't and stop whining.

And macfags will defend this to death.

They are already defending it
>
>
Also, yeah, people pay whatever they want for shit, hell people will pay millions of dollars for a literal blank canvas, doesn't mean I can't say it's fucking stupid.

shiggy diggy cry about it faggot

>design books are expensive as fuck, the Louis Vuitton 'windows' book is like $800
They aren't as bad on the second hand market though. Arts students aren't known for making the best life choices so they have to sell stuff a lot.

I giggled

Got the book.
Made a 10 minutes video on it.
Got the money back and a extra hundreds on a couple of hours and still getting more right now.
You’re all retarded, go back to being poor.

If you don't like the price point then don't buy it. It wasn't designed for people like you.

Those of us interested in design will buy it.

I think you get banned for those posts.

Janitor, clean up on eisle 5.

This specific book shouldn't cost 300 dollars.

>If you don't like the price point then don't buy it. It wasn't designed for people like you.

>Those of us interested in cables will buy it.

Why not? Is it your book? Who are you to decide what it should cost?

>Arts students aren't known for making the best life choices so they have to sell stuff a lot.
Interior designer here, cam confirm that I've bought a lot of retarded artsy crap over the years, notably furniture with no specific furniture from the Vitra Design Museum. I'd still never pay $300 or my local equivalent for a book about things that are at best dull and uninteresting.

The highest praise I can give Apple designs is that they will compliment other things in a room, they're not interesting in and of themselves.

You can get a Macbook with minimum wage.

>$300 for a glorified picture book
Let interest you in a publisher called Taschen...

>go to Madison Ave in NYC
>see shoes in boutique stores that cost $15000
>literally just $40 in materials

>go to art gallery
>see 3x4 foot paintings on wall that cost $30000
>literally just $50 in materials

but apparently cant even get a book!

negro

Microsoft has put out a book, too.
It's free.
You can color it in and win neat prizes if you color inside the lines.

F u

Fuck you man :(

It's a coffee table book.

That's not even expensive compared to the competition.

I'd buy the book for $300 it looks really nice.

Taschen books are like $15... wtf are you talking about

so what
they have been charging hundreds for their glorified chinkshit forever now

this is part of the trend

If you like Apple design and want to look at pretty pictures get this instead.

If you actually want to learn about Apple's design philosophy and were all of their contemporary ideas come from get this instead.

And if you want a book on a proper industrial designer, not that derivative charlatan Jony Ive, get this instead.

was this made in china as well?

Of course it was, but don't worry, it was designed in Cupertino.

Nice.

$300 is pretty cheap for a Mac book.

MAKE BAIT GREAT AGAIN

>intended art piece which took 8 years to curate
>slightly expensive

God forbid you ever visit a gallery, where a bunch of old fucking canvas paintings with some paint on them are worth thousands, insane!

:(

K

>worth thousands
Insults user for questioning a book filled with corporate advertising being worth $300, then talks about art being worth "thousands" to make himself feel rich and superior.

Do you even into art purchases user? Fuck paint on canvas, even photo prints in series will cost $10k-15k from respected contemporary photographers.

>

no thanks

wtf I hate Trump now

NOPORTS
O
P
O
R
T
S

>price is solely determined by cost of manufacturing

Let's all point and laugh at this retard.

>I don't know how to greentext or get the point

You stupid fucking cunt, making myself feel rich and superior? What are you on about? I said this is an art piece, a price of $300 isn't anything in the art world.

>this is an art piece
This is what Applefags actually believe.

Wait there's a book with nothing but pictures of macs? kek

Man you really have to give it to apple. They know their users.

However rich you are is completely irrelevant; you should not be paying $300 for a printed Google image search.

The fact that anyone would willingly defend this garbage makes me laugh.

That "designed in California" has to be one of the worst marketing schemes I've ever seen. Can it be followed by an "And built by children in Chinese sweatshops making less than a dollar an hour" please?

Apple is one of the few companies that can pull off shit like this since it knows only complete retards use their products and will probably believe that their products are both designed and produced in California.

This. I'm not even rich but I have probably close to $25k worth of books I've collected over the last five years. I have gallery/art books that I've spent $250-400 on and I have some out of print old books that cost me $600-700.

Those were all very limited releases for specific artists' shows or long out of print. And many were printed/designed by some of the best printers/binders in the industry. This Apple book is a mass market picture book being priced as some sort of limited gallery edition by one of the largest and wealthiest corporations in the world.

Y'all fuckers are telling me that if you had $300 extra dollars you would spend it on this book? If you're rich that's fine, but my most standards I'm pretty fucking well off and I make well more than $300 a day, but no way I'd spend that for this book, but then again I wouldnt pay $20 for it either.

>And built by children in Chinese sweatshops making less than a dollar an hour
Shut up Chung.

This is what everyone believes, because it is an art book. Get your autism looked at, Timmy. I'm sorry large numbers trigger you.

It isn't really an art book though. Art books, at least the good ones, will offer an overview or catalogue raisonne of the artist's/designer's work with scholarly explanations and insights, often by other artists. They will attempt to both catalogue the work as well as offer perspectives on the significance and influence of the work. Oftentimes they will offer critique as well.

An art/design book without critique or introspection is simply advertising. This is a corporate ad masquerading as an "art book" to appeal to Macfags who think they are part of the "creative class" because they make flyers on their MacBook.

Also, $300 isn't expensive for an art book. It's a bit on the high side for a corporate ad campaign though.

t. Macfag who has spent much more than $300 on art books before

Pls no

Also, for the record, you didn't just say it was an art book, you said it was an "art piece". Hence my calling out your enormous corporate faggotry.

I'd rather have something designed by chinks and made by chinks than anything touched by a californian.

wew

pls stop

KEK YOU

(You)

>>intended art piece which took 8 years to curate

jesus christ that book oozes Sup Forums-neckbeard

Despite Sup Forums's hardon for all things Thinkpad, Sapper is actually a pretty awesome non neckbeard designer and that book is pretty good.

It's a design book

Anyone have a PDF of this book?

I think I read that Apple will be releasing all the images online after it comes out. I could be misremembering though.

>it was designed in Cupertino
in a spaceship

>Apple releases its obituary

No not now

>applefags will defend a $300 """art""" book
>will call someone retarded for spending $300 on an in game virtual knife

delet

Welcome to the strange world of coffee table books.