trustedreviews.com/Asetek-VapoChill-XE-II-Refrigerated-PC-Case-review
pcpartpicker.com/list/V9984C
pcpartpicker.com/list/cwPzFd
pcpartpicker.com/list/yXnGnn
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ok

Looking pretty good
clean build and cute gpu.

Reposting an old image, because the new one got too blurry.

Really need to get more 8gb of ram and a ssd.
I also have this strange need of upgrading to a S340 Elite.

This has been my setup since late March of 2015, nothing has changed. Thinking about making this the living room computer next year after kaby lake comes out.

Fucking nice!

Case?

Pretty sure its a Air 540.

Needs work, I know. Getting new AIO, matching RAM , one more SSD and a 1080 Hybrid before the year ends, tho.

Many thanks! :3

Corsair 540 Carbide

memefrei PC

Not the prettiest thing, but does the job.

ayyy

gutsu desu

I really need to dust!

What temps do you get on your bottom card?

Survivor Series edition

Same set up for the past 8 years! Upgraded and replaced hard drives and graphics cards. Only part that I have HAD to replace due to wear, was a water pump.

i already know it's ugly af on Sup Forums standards, but i dont give a fuck it runs everything maxed on 1080

i7 920 bro. Amazing how well these things work for being dated now.

Helo my beautiful /guts/ers
I think my cute fan is starting to fail

Well, here it is

Isnt it more important to water cool the gpu, since its usually the limiting factor?

i think you need a bigger case, looks crammed in there

I got that case because i liked the looks and small mobo because budget cuts.

It is nice to see someone else using, just basic memory sticks. Without 100g of aluminium with Pro Gaymen stickers on them.

how do you clean a radiator?

vacuum

yeah i might try that, thanks.

is that an antec 1200 case? I'm interested to see how you've got that watercooling setup on the top

bump

The static build up on the tip of a vaccum cleaner risks killing your shit, would not recommend.
Get a can of air or use a compressor, or even a clean+stiff paintbrush and do it by hand

Yee bruh.
Thinking about swapping mine out for an Xeon X5670 since that thing stomps all over modern i5s despite it's age.

howdy.

Nice CPU you got there.

uh, yeah?

Yeah, it's a 1200. The 1200 came with ( at least the 1st gen one that I have ) the screw holes and brackets for a pretty good sized radiator. I have a CD bay reservoir and a Swiftech MCP655 pump. I only ever used it to cool the processor, but it has worked fantastic for SEVERAL years. i7 920 running @ 4.0ghz. I am actually building a new set up over the winter and giving this one to one of my kids, and if they still have the case and radiator, I will be using the same set up again. It works extremely well.

Sup Sup Forumsuts? What happened on Sup Forums? Battlestation threads, and the recently banned desktop threads are/were all full. Guts seems completely dead compared to what it used to be.

Anyway, what is everyone else looking to upgrade? Parent's want to give me money/microcenter gift card. Thinking I'll take the $100-$200 they give me and use it as an excuse to buy a 1.2TB Intel NVME drive. That or 2TB Samsung 850 EVO SATA based for same price. SSDs seem to be coming down in price as a whole. 2TB Samsung SSDs are only $750 now. As is that 1.2TB Intel one I mentioned.

Sup guys :)

Just swapped everything into my new S340 today.

Pretty productive Sunday. Managed to get a stable overclock on my processor and gpu and also put my Velociraptors in RAID 0.

gotta go fast

If he only vaccums the rad, the static will just discharge in the metal. Just keep it away from the mobo, though you whould have to be very unlucky to kill a mobo when it sits in the case with static as its grounded via many points.

The only times I have killed hw or heard about others with static discharge, is when the component wasn't in the case and didnt have any big chunks of metal on it like a cooler.

Anyone like?

:3

>overclocking a EVGA 1080
You sure like to live on the edge, uh?

Better call the fire department its gonna be a hot one tonight.

16gb ddr4
500gb 950 nvme ssd
gtx 1070
enthoo mitx

>1000wt power supply
>one graphics card
i laugh every single time i see this shit

Came on sale for the price of the 750w. Also there is nothing negative about a overpowered psu, chanses are it will last longer as components are of higher quality.

I litterally change my setup once a year (for the fun of overclocking and testing someing new, not for the need) so its better to be prepared psu wise..

>laughing at people thats not buying shit psu's that can deliver only just enough power

get fucked nigger.

what a fucking disaster

Take a piece of red tape and cut it carefully to cover that blue and it would go from 9/10 to 10/10

I have had a 1kw psu since my ex bought it for me 8 years ago. At the time, I hooked my 2 295 GTX's up to it and played games lol. Down to 1 card these days though, kids use that pc mostly. Have had 0 problems with it, ever. It's kind of like " why do you have a diesel truck when you barely ever pull a trailer ? ". It's better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

WTF is below your 780?

Could one theoretically put their radiator into a mini fridge and improve cooling?

PSU?

650. It even says on his speccy, user.

supernova g2 550w

You could. Years back, they had cases that had refrigeration units in them.

trustedreviews.com/Asetek-VapoChill-XE-II-Refrigerated-PC-Case-review

I had actually toyed around with the idea of making a geothermal cooling unit for my PC ( had the idea when I put my geothermal heating / cooling unit in for my house ).

Anytime you see those " superclocked " obnoxious crap, it's basically someone took a motherboard, laid it on a table, and attached a cup or something to the CPU and filled it with liquid nitrogen lol

wow. Nothing like cruising on " barely enough power " for the card.

>Velociraptors in RAID 0
>gotta go fast

>my sides

?

fucking disaster is an understatement.

Did you let your autistic 6 year old sister with fetal alcohol syndrome put that thing together? wtf.

Everything I have read clearly states that 550w is the BARE minimum for a 1070. I only asked because I am looking into building a mini atx computer for transporting reasons.

Fucking dope.

the max tdp for a single gtx 1070 on stock at full load is 150w. mine draws 170w at full load thanks to how i have it clocked. the 6700k draws 93w, the ssd and rad are negligible. the g2 is by far the top-tier psu you can buy, so it's not any sort of concern

Disaster? My 1060 6gb loads at under 40c in furmark.

The top mounted radiator is so cool my whole system has low tempratures.

And you dont see the mess inside when the door is closed you autistic fucking niggers.

Hey, which one should I buy?

build 1 pcpartpicker.com/list/V9984C

build 2 pcpartpicker.com/list/cwPzFd

This will be my first build in about a decade, so I'm clueless as to quality. Feel free to change the parts, but keep it all under $1300

That's fucking cool user
Thanks for the info.

but why?

O yeah, I need it for Microsoft Visual Studio, Photoshop, Illustrator, Blender, After Effects (mostly for compositing elements made in Blender and Illustrator), and playing the funky Steam games that come out every year or so like Kerbal Space Program, Red Orchestra 2, Mount & Blade, EU4, ... and make it Source 2 engine proof (I don't care for AAA games)

Build1 with i5 6600k I think whould be more than enough, also a gtx1070 will hold you for years if you dont insist on playing the latest and greatest on ultra settings.

Then I whould use the savings on a higher quality psu, like Corsair AX or HX series. You can read up on psu's on techpowerup.com reviews, they are thorough.

Otherwise it looks fine to me. You'll probably need a better motherboard and cooling if you plan on overclocking tho.

pcpartpicker.com/list/yXnGnn

This is far better in terms of manufacturers and reliability. You'll need to save another $16.

Also for what it's worth, this case is very basic. I'd probably save a little more money and get some closer to $75 or $100. I'd suggest:

Phanteks Enthoo Pro
Fractal Design Define R4
Corsair 500R
NZXT Phantom

kek wtf man

fuck that board was expensive when new

are you really just sitting that """power-link""" on top of the card?

You're worse than the macfag with all the empty boxes.

This physically hurts to look at,

Do you guys think painting an interior on my own would be fine, or would I have to get it done at a shop?

good info. thanks!

r8

Case is Fractal Design Nano S

>buys full ATX motherboard and case
>only use one slot
hahahahahahahahahahahah

>mATX case
>literally paying more for less

Ghetto as fuck but if it works then more power to you.

hows that turbo noisewise?

I occasionally hear my HDDs, so it can't be that loud.

What about under load?

SNAKES

I don't register it particularly. I'm sure it has some audible noise, but it's not loud enough to be noticeable with music playing or my typing going on.

Sure

the loudest thing in this windfarm is the mechanical HDD

What are you using to prop up your GPU?

That's a lot of fans

It's an empty film canister

>Buys a housefire
>cools ram
>sits powerlink ontop of GPU
>Creates a coil with his cables
Genius user, nothing will ever go wrong