Want to switch to iPhone for build quality, iMessage, and increased 3rd party support for iOS

>want to switch to iPhone for build quality, iMessage, and increased 3rd party support for iOS
>can't live without being able to copy a YouTube link, paste in a website, download as an MP3 and rename the video name to the song name through file explorer
>also can't live without Clover Sup Forums app

is it worth it? Can I install Android on an iPhone? Is there an iMessage app for Android?

bbbump

Just buy the Android iPhone, the Pixel

>Can I install Android on an iPhone?
I wonder the opposite, can somebody please hack an ARM Android so that it runs iOS?

Wondering this for a long time already, the chinks usually had no code of honour so far, so it's surprising they didn't try to replica the hardware yet

>iPhone
>build quality
>iMessage
>third party support
Kek

Just wait for the Samsung s8 or note 8. No other device in the market will be able to match the insane qc Samsung will use for these devices to recover from their damaged reputation.

Not waterproof, I need that for my job and don't want to buy a bulky case. I really like it though. I might do what says and wait for the S8.

I have an iPhone 6. I've been hacking these things since the 3GS. If you want, you can jailbreak (root and a little more) to get more features. These includes:

Cydia - A decent package manager.

iFile - A shitty file explorer.

mTerminal - A terminal emulator that can be configured with bash or zsh. Can also use a bunch of useful command line tools like OpenSSH.

OpenSSH - If you don't know what this is, you don't belong on Sup Forums.

Anemone - An advanced theme engine. Goes much deeper than icons.

LinkTunes - Free music from the iTunes store app.

MXTube - Download YouTube vids and store them locally.

Fortune - Browse this shithole, similar to Clover in functionality but less polished in looks.

No. The SecureROM (first stage bootloader) is locked down tighter than a feminist's cunt. You're not going to be installing anything but the latest signed firmware. If you were to somehow be lucky enough to get an iBoot (second stage BL) exploit and build a custom firmware, the exploit would be patched by the next update since it allows you to pass boot arguments and fuck with the kernel/fstab, which is a massive security hole. There are also no downgrades, so said custom firmware would have to be built within a single signing window for iTunes to flash the stock LLB which you'd be forced to include in the IPSW file.

Is there an iMessage app for Android?
No.

Just buy an Android phone. Pixel is good. So is the HTC 10.

>Iphone
>Build Quality
choose 1

What version of iOS are you on? Is there an app that can get music like how I described? Took a screenshot of the apps you listed, thx m8.

I remember in high school a few years ago I used to jailbreak iPhones for other kids, so that won't be a problem for me to relearn.
>disliking an aluminum device
>ever

I'm on iOS 9.3.3. All or most of the things mentioned should be updated to support the iOS 10 jailbreak once it comes out.

Also, you can just use MP3 juices to get the YouTube songs and then transfer them to your device with iTunes. After you jailbreak, use OpenSSH or afc2add to transfer without iTunes.

Thank you. Any guess as to when the iOS 10 jailbreak is coming out, and when it does will you upgrade to it? Is upgrading while jailbroken even possible?

Filza > iFile
YouTube++ > mxtube

iOS 10 won't get a public jailbreak

>Any guess as to when the iOS 10 jailbreak is coming out
I have no clue.

and when it does will you upgrade to it?
Maybe. I'll have to see what it offers. If it doesn't take away any major functionality, then yes.

Is upgrading while jailbroken even possible?
No. You can't update and retain the jailbreak. Updating while jailbroken will send your device into a bootloop. You will have to flash a stock firmware in iTunes, which wipes and updates the device.

>iOS 10 won't get a public jailbreak
Bullshit. If iOS 11 rolls around and one isn't out, I'll dump what I have and let the filthy commoners of r/jailbreak build a GUI tool. Every single major iOS version from 1 to 9 has had a jailbreak.

Don’t fall for the memes. Fortune is a complete garbage Sup Forums app with constant crashes.

iMessage is on the works right now, look up Amphora

It's normal for the operating system to get harder to get into over time as exploits are used and fixed.

Is there any good Sup Forums app then?

>with constant crashes
I've never had it crash.

>get harder to get into over time as exploits are used and fixed
That's not how that works.

I told you in my first post, get an Android phone. The Pixel is good and already has systemless root and bootloader unlocks.

Pixel is gay and overpriced. Wait until black Friday and grab a cheap HTC 10 or samshit

jailbreak it

Pixel has Nexus tier community support and premium build quality. You're gay.

>my job requires my personal phone be waterproof

>you're a homosexual if you have a different opinion than mine
Ok.

can you live without a fucking headphone jack too?

For two years

Bro he's okay, he has muh dongles

Just get an ipod 6, it still has a headphone jack. Also look up Piemessage it's imessage

Do you know where you are? Are you lost?

Can you read? I said community support. The Nexus 4 has Nougat. The Pixel will get AOSP builds for like a decade.

I listen to music with my phone plugged in every night so it'll be difficult, but as long as the phone can stay above 90% playing music for 9 hours through the dongle I should be fine.

>paying more than $500 for a disposable piece of shit you have to hack for latest OS support

>a disposable piece of shit
My Nexus 4 and 5 still work great. Far from disposable.

>have to hack for latest OS support
Lol, you think issuing 3-5 commands with fastboot is hacking? My sides.

>is it worth it?
Not really

No

>Is there an iMessage app for Android?
Also no

But you shouldn't worry because
>build quality
this is a meme

>iMessage
this is a joke

>and increased 3rd party support for iOS
this is meaningless

>implying the battery hasn't died in the time it took to create that reply

They both keep a decent charge. I'm actually typing this from a 10 year old Mac with a 4 year old battery. Stop being such a child and take care of your technology. It'll last longer.

I owned a N5, battery was total shit

Maybe you have defective unit or you're one of those tards that turns every setting all the way up. It's probably the latter. I get about 2.5-3 hours of screen on time at medium brightness with my custom kernel.

the last part I added just to have 3 things, I don't use any apps besides Sup Forums and the default ones. Build quality is all I really care about.

Anything under 4 is shit, the fact that you need a custom kernel to get those times says it all

What is openssh?

is that like https?

You're arguing with me over a phone that I don't even use as a daily driver. I've never used stock firmware on any of my Android devices for more than the 3 minutes it takes to set it up and switch on ADB. If you have something else to say, shit it out before I go to sleep.

Secure shell. Just fucking Google it.

Stupid argument for sure, I just think a Pixel at full iPhone-ish MSRP is a terrible suggestion is all. YMMV

The only feature it should've had is an SD slot. Other than that, the Pixel is amazing phone. I'm buying one in January when I switch carriers because Verizon always offers good deals around the start of the year. It also has a headphone jack.

>phoneposter
>wants to download songs from YouTube

Keep your cancerous fuck self on the Android side please.

>not realizing Clover is literally better than the desktop site
>not realizing that it's degenerate to listen to music online or pay for it

how's ting? thinking about getting it since I'm a recluse that rarely gets calls or texts so I would theoretically be paying very litte per month

>iShit
>build quality

Aesthetic as fuck tho

>i suck cock

What is a good phone in your opinion then?

what's your issue?

>has the sense to avoid streaming
>but not enough sense to select a non-garbage audio source

>can't live without being able to copy a YouTube link, paste in a website, download as an MP3 and rename the video name to the song name through file explorer

You can literally do all of that with the iOS app Tdownloader

It's not like there's one version I get from YouTube. Plenty of people upload high quality shit.

jesus christ that pixel phone is expensive

it's water resistant, very rare to find a product that's actually waterproof

/thread

> pixel phone is expensive
I don't think so.
A new 64-128gb iPhone 7 (or Plus) costs more.

Less apps on iOS sure. Android apps are all shit quality though. Encryption full of backdoors, unlike the massive Qualcomm vulns of last year?

/thread

they were probably appalled that there are so many backdoors that they couldn't put on theirs

Because it's better

Nope, IP53.

/thread

see

>i use a massive gaping privilege escalation security hole exploit to get root privilege and basic android features and then prevent apple from patching it so i can keep those features, while inviting russian hackers to freely steal all of my login/passwords and data
>this is how utterly shit stock iOS is and what i'd rather settle with so i can "break out of jail"

>he doesn't prioritize force touch over a file explorer and SD card slot