Dual-core processor (not even kaby lake)

>dual-core processor (not even kaby lake)
>no 10-bit HEVC and VP9 HW decoding
>have to have a bunch of dongles at all times
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>keyboard shallower than a hollywood slut
>keyboard louder than a sheboon nigress
>proprietary SSD
>memetouch emojibar
>no USB-A
>no escape
>soldered ram
>tamper tape on battery screws

What does the "pro" in a macbook pro stand for?

9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues/

youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1DGU9lV6H4I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>What does the "pro" in a macbook pro stand for?

Pro-lapse.

Profits.

>buying dongles instead of the correct cable type
>People thinking that there's even that many people who already have thunderbolt devices that are getting this

The "pro" stands for professionals who are going to use this with Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, etc, who are going to get shit done because nothing you said effects them and in fact the touchbar thing is meant to help them. Whne you open up about damn shit that only concerns your anime and Sup Forums habits it's going to be pretty obvious that you don't have the capability to put yourself in anyone else's shoes.

>krappy lake
lul

Proprietary.

Holy shit, how much is apple paying you?

retard

Working late ranjeet?

Hearty lol from this macfag. Well done.

what is a dock you fuckign faggot

this isn't 2003, laptops don't have fucking docks anymore faggot

You guys always post the same shit but you never post youtube.com/watch?v=1DGU9lV6H4I

>quad core
>16 GB RAM
>RX 460 (4 GB dedicated)
>can't even game on it

Macs weren't really designed to game on. Even then they aren't even professionally used machines anymore. They now belong to desk accountants and users who travel a lot. You'll rarely see engineers using these things for actual software calculations or things

t. Apple brand retard

Even then you'd expect those specs to at least pull better than three entire frames on Besieged, of all things.

>faggotlake
lul

When was the last time a modern laptop had a dock?

I thought applefags reveled at thinness and versatility and yet they have no versatility and requiring a dock (that they don't even have) ruins their status as thin and versatile dually

>deliberately being obtuse and trying to use a wireless shit only ultrabook like a workstation

Nobody who bought one wanted to do anything of that nature.

3/10

>games
>like a workstation
jesus christ I remember when apple shills here would spew vehement garbage about how it was a professional machine used by professionals in professional environments

beseiged is a physics game, 90% cpu intensive. shitty ULV laptop cpu cannot handle it. Literally only a 20 core shit storm intel fuckery could run that game well.

>nobody extracts files from a flash drive while charging their phone while listening to music on their laptop

Hardly, my rinky dink lenovo y50 with an i7-3640qm or what ever the fuck it is plays it great

>working in any professional software
>on a dual core
I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed.

I wouldn't even say processing on it is that bad anyways. You can get the 15 inch model with a quad-core intel CPU that can boost to a 3.8 GHz clock.

And even if Beseiged is a mostly-physics game, it doesn't need as much as you seem to imply it does to even be able to run.

We all know this is not aimed at professional work environments. It comes in pink, its a very light use machine.

>retardlake
lul

>quad-core intel CPU that can boost to a 3.8 GHz clock.
only for the first 2 cores even then it won't stay like that for long

the video said it's got an RX 460 which means it's the 15" model so it's got a quad core CPU.

>>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
Is this for real?

Yup. Apple couldn't be bothered to keep the wifi card separate from the USB 3.0 controller like every other laptop maker knows because the EMI from the USB 3.0 is in the 2.4ghz range and ruins wifi signals but regardless apple is retarded there is no possible fix for this

It's a hardware bug related to power drops on PCI-E connection when USB-C draws too much power.

that image made me chuckle

Worked fine with the non-chink accessory in the other video. So it isn't the machine.

Wow, this guy is unironically sad

It is the machine, it works intermittently and has no bearing on what adapter he uses. Its an EMI related issue with USB 3.0 controllers used in the USB type C device especially when it draws too much power. Its a widely known issue now and louis was one of the first to document it.

It apparently throws tons of errors with hard drives about "can't supply power" even though dinky laptop hard drives only draw like 5w and the USB C can deliver up to 100w

Are you literally fucking retarded?

Objectively speaking, USB C is a superior connector to USB A, which is ignoring all current infrastructure, and Thunderbolt 3 is also good if we assume it works flawlessly. But anyone can agree that ditching all USB A support in favour of a few mm of slimness is a controversial move at best. The performance of a MacBook pro isn't awful, but it leaves something to be desired in CPU and GPU if you plan on using it for rendering, gaming, or complex simulations. 8GB RAM should be enough for most people. But remember that anyone who does a serious amount of gaming, simulation, or rendering builds designated computer rigs specifically for that purpose, almost always bulky power-hungry desktops. A MacBook remains a tool for common, less-intensive computer use, and performs well at this.

The base model MacBook is intended for ultralight use and is thus only good as an ultralight computer, but it has far superior stats compared to shitty chromebooks at the exchange of shekels. The new MacBook Pro contains four USB C ports, and so doesn't need so many shitty dongles, and both computers are aimed at using with a hub. There's actually an advantage to using a hub for your computer, and that's that instead of unplugging your mouse, keyboard, monitor, headphones, and internet, you simply unplug your dock when you need to use the computer "on-the-go", as is the point of owning a laptop. If we assume you won't be needing any of the above peripherals when not at home, there is no downside.

Also:
>100W through thunderbolt 3 / USB C
>USB uses 5V
>20A

>Crapple is selling computers for thousands that are specifically designed to not be used properly
It's amazing how people are buying these things

>Its an EMI related issue with USB 3.0 controllers
Ah, the old "wireless router with USB 3.0 port" issue from years ago comes back to bite Apple in the ass

>selling computers for thousands that are specifically designed to not be used properly

They're selling a light-use ultrabook meant to be a light-use ultrabook and people are buying it to use it as a light-use ultrabook. Is your autism barrier too strong to let this simple logic in? Can you not accept the fact that people have bought something they want which isn't what you want?

>money=specs
>specs=money

The simple mind of the Sup Forumstard gaymen teenager.

Why are they putting quad core i7s and discrete graphics cards in their supposed light use ultrabooks? You don't need discrete GPUs or anywhere close to that sort of CPU performance for light use. Why do these models exist if they're intended for light use?

100W is based on the PD standard for it. 20V @ 5A.

prolapsed anus

>another thread whinning for a shit you will not buy
Why, Sup Forums, why?

>complains about problems of the 4 USB C ports in the MacBook pro
>posts a picture of the MacBook and its problems of only having 1 USB C port
make up your fucking mind

can confirm
My editing studio is ditching them too. I cant believe Premiere CC works better on windows now

/thread

can't wait to get mine

>pro

/thread

It stands for the same thing as what the "Pro" in Windows 10 Pro stands for, i.e. not Enterprise.

This is true but for $4300 and given the specs I'm pretty sure the reason it's not working too well is because of thermal throttle which means they basically provided you with hardware you can't really even use completely.

You literally have no fucking clue what you are talking about

If you use photoshop professionally and dont have the keybindings memorized than you arent a fucking professional

my brand new hp work laptop has one you enormous fagoot

Is AppleCare worth getting? I've had little trouble with my computer over the year I've had it, is there a reason you're getting it?

>Surface Pro

What does the "t" stand for?

>Not counting HyperThreading
>An exotic codec no-one ever uses
>he uses usb sticks in 2016
>shitting on the superior butterfly keyboard without ever having used one
>less travel time for keys is bad
>waaah world's fastest SSD is pruhpiuhtery!!

>An exotic codec no-one ever uses
>4K bluray (HEVC), youtube (VP9), netflix (HEVC)
>"no-one ever uses"
there's probably more people using those than H264 nowadays

Prostitute

Let H264 die and let H265/AV1/VP9 take over.

My group just bought new laptops (Dell and Lenovo) and every single one was bought with a dock.

>sour grapes
>i-it's okay to be proprietary

It uses pcie just like regular m.2 ssds. They could easily implement an m.2 connector to the ssd without any loss in performance

>effects them
Learn English, it's 'Affects them' when something has an effect.

courage

Terveisin
It's Finnish for "regards"
t. Spurdo Spärde

Good job. You shut him up nicely

>>waaah world's fastest SSD is pruhpiuhtery!!
960 pro is faster and not pruhpiuhtery

Are you posting for free?
Its really prifessional when you want to boot linux or windows, those missing keys help

Surface book is the laptop equilent. Surface pro is that what ipad pro is.. A tablet. Apple book is a retard test