How do normies react when you tell them you're a freetard and what the free software philosophy means?

How do normies react when you tell them you're a freetard and what the free software philosophy means?

We don't. What the fuck is wrong with you?

Letting regular people who don't spend every waking hour ricing their desktop in desktop threads like us our power level is extremely humiliating.

Actually just the other night I was talking to this guy who works for microsoft but not as a programmer (i didn't know this) he helps with when they purchase a smaller company some confusing shit or soemthing.

Anwyays I'm like blah blah open source != free but then he was like 'oh i was at this party with some people who did groundbreaking work recently on some freesoftware stuff.'

Them guys he was referencing were as developers at microsfot.

I believe we call that field Mergers and Acquisitions.

Let me give you my card.

ya them things.

funnily enouhg i just found it hilarious how he was prepped before going oteh party that these guys were like genius level programmers and tehy developed for microsoft and they also did groundbreaking work on free software (probably linux maybce fuschsia or something).

linux users on suicide watch.

My freedom is already respected and it's not like I'm paying that much for software. Aren't foundations supposed to help poor people or defend a cause or something? Are you some commie because nothing is free. Nobody is that much into free software in my entourage and I don't care as long as it works, what difference does it make? It's like being a hipster to yourself without the perks, I dunno how I'll justify this if I'm an early adopter. Anyway who thinks about philosophy nowadays. I know Bill Gates is all about foundations and the giving pledge and all that... And that linux guy with the penguin right? Anyway nothing is free, I'll just put adblock for privacy or something and put all options on the max but it's not like I have anything to hide anyway. Open Office is for poor people anyway, you could just get legit programs and products if you want the real deal, if it's successful and popular then why would it be bad? It's not like I'm different than anyone else that I need to be in some hipster autistic club, it's like what will my friends say and how am I supposed to say that, we're not even that much close friends and I don't know why we're even talking about this.

They bring up some bullshit about "intellectual property" and I'm like "you can't own property, man"

I'm not and I hate the FSF.

Why are your typos triggering me so much

Why do you FSF so much?

This lol

Do you seriously tell people about shit they have no interest in? Are you some kind of aspie?

I'm not a freetard, I'm not a filthy delusional self-entitled piece of shit that goes around annoying people like some regular apple drone.
Most Sup Forums if not all isn't freetard either, they are all spouting "install gentoo" but in the end they are all using windows for games, some trying to make money with their tech related careers and using propietary shit left and right. Those that don't fit in that category are constantly making threads about what to buy.
Free Software here is a meme.

Five star post!

>COMMIE!!!
>LIBERAL!!!
>CONSERVATIVE
> *incoherent politics based accusations*
>But software developers worked so hard!
>But copyright protects Ideas!
>what ever man
> JUST USE CHROME LIEK A NORMAL PERSON

I tell people about such things anecdotally. Bits and pieces where appropriate. Since almost noone I talk to nowadays doesn't have at least a meaningful Ba degree or is on their way to get one. So it's just natural that we occasionally talk about shit the other doesn't have much of a clue about.

I don't even talk about music with normies let alone Sup Forums stuff

>not trying to liberate you're friends.

Fucking nothing. Really.

My boss believes in the whole "security through obscurity" thing.
When she asked about some of the components I was using in our new web application, I told her I just picked them up on Github and she almost had a heart attack.

>liberating you're friends
>you are friends
>liberating the posessive
>deliberate grammar typo to liberate

Confusion generally.

More only comes up when I tell someone I don't have or won't install some faggy app.

it's accounting in a way, ensuring the origin and value of every component jived to run a tight ship

Its the perfect way to tick off a grammar facist.

grammar nazis are irrelephant

your'e*

>Normies

Elitist snowflakes.

I don't even know what the free software philosophy means

i think it has to do with being against software that spys on you, but also something about modifying and sharing programs

Snowflakes were unique before they became elitist.
Normies like to label things to compartmentalize.

They don't react. Sup Forums toddlers get pretty mad though.

This.

Most of my friends don't even know what a .exe file is, or that you have to empty the recycle bin to actually delete files.

>Normies like to label things to compartmentalize.
oh the irony.

I have managed to convince a Philosophy Major, that ii is the best way software will have to develop.
People who don't work in the field are often contrarian though.
I seriously don't know why.
Most CS guys and related think it's good, but don't actively think about it too much.

I don't. If they ask me what my computer is running, I usually just tell them bluntly that I'm using Linux. If they ask what that is, I tell them it's an operating system like Windows or Mac OSX. At that point they don't usually ask anything else so I don't bother telling them any more.