I don't have a cell phone because they all have malicious features

>I don't have a cell phone because they all have malicious features
Richard M. Stallman (2:40)
youtube.com/watch?v=WGkNiRFwmOg

Why do you own a cellphone Sup Forums? If you go around and hate Apple products because of their non-free standards but still own a cell phone, then you're a hypocrite

Because sometimes I leave my house

because I'm not a paranoid schizophrenic Jew with enough money in the bank to Jew around all day for the rest of my life being "free"

Stallman is known for bumming cellphones from other people when he really needs to use one. Yeah we get it, cellphones have malicious features but he ain't exactly providing any good solutions here...

My phone is not registered.

It doesn't matter.

I tunnel my phone traffic through Tor

Unlike him I'm not a pedophile.

>not rooting copperwires everywhere you go and take your rotary phone with you
Its like you want to get raped, user.

You are an SJW, which is worse

True. If the phone isn't registered it doesn't matter.

I just don't care. My phone is useful.

prepare your diddly hole

>Why do you own a cellphone Sup Forums?
I don't.

And Stallman doesn't? There are photos of him all around the world, user. He travels way more than you do.

This. Stallman is rarely at his house

I own a cellphone because thats the way people communicate these days. Even so, I try to reduce the botnet as much as possible, as a matter of principle. (I know its impossible to do completely).

I have cyanogenmod without GApps installed, and I only use apps from f-droid.

You must be quite the pussy slayer

what is the point of making such a claim ?

People around him will have a cellphone, so all he did was just unload these 'malicious features' on people around him.

In Poland the government forced an "anti-terrorist" legislation this summer which obliges everyone to register their pre-paid SIM cards lest they be disabled by the end of coming January.

Call me back when FOSH is viable and a FOSH is the best in the market

Yeah, they did it because we have sooo many terrorist attacks. I can't really recall a single one. We don't have anything worth attacking, and refugees are skipping past us to richer countries like Germoney

>implying they can't figure out who you are simply because "itz nuh regisdered :DDDD""
nice meme

Why did consumers let it get this far?

In Greece we had this done 4-5 years ago.
Sons of bitches want us all registered.

>If you go around and hate Apple products because of their non-free standards but still own a cell phone, then you're a hypocrite
Ok

In South Africa these days you need to register any sim card, even prepaids, with the gummunt and include your ID number. South African botnet is strong.

all modern computing hardware has malicious features hidden in it, the only safe way to write your programs is to write them on paper and feed them into your mechanical calculator

>Be a vegetarian
>"I don't buy meat. It is nasty, and full of malicious diseases."
>.............

>Be RMS
>"I don't use a phone. It is malicious and all of them spy on you."
>FUCKING SCHIZOPHRENIC KEKLORD INANE COMMENTS HURR TOEJAM HURR BEST MEM 2016

He does have one. What he wants is a combined pager/cell phone system. The cell phone radio is turned off while the pager radio is always on. When someone wants to contact you, they send you a page and then you decide whether to turn on the cell phone radio. In this way, you can control exactly when you choose to reveal your location.

That's actually a cool idea

>using a computer in 2o17
top kek

Is it? I don't think a pager and a cellphone is the ideal. Mesh net public networks is the answer.

Freetardism is a mental illness.

Well it could be fairly streamlined if it was built into the phone. You could 'accept' the page and it would automatically turn on the cell radio and answer the call

I'm not familiar at all with mesh networks at all though so maybe you're right

>Mesh net public networks is the answer
How will this work? Who will maintain such a network? Putting up cell radio towers that cover many miles isn't quite the same as putting up a mesh of commodity wifi routers and repeaters.

Replicant is one of my favorite types of software out there because the market or niche it targets is freetards who just happen to have not gone full autism and just made up some other reason why all cell phones are bad, ie "tracking devices", etc. Replicant is basically like half autism, or quantum autism.

it's a quantum state, you could get a fully free android phone and there are ones out there that have free/open hardware, but any "enlightened" replicant user will just be another nameless and worthless tinfoil tomorrow and wouldn't get any cell phone no matter how free because there isn't any service he can buy for it that go along with his hipster manufactured internet psuedo beliefs.

This is what happens when an entire generation of special snowflake hipsters drop out of college and need to find something to pretend to exist for and in this case it's not using cell phones.

In the future there will be some sort of software that will make an android distribution like replicant but at will from scratch, but will be made by hipsters who don't even use it because they think they're better than everyone else. So all of the advertising and logo pictures for this future distro will be "fuck this software" and the like. I can't wait!

FOSH is a bitch, ans they pack these fuckers by 1.
then you need 400 of them. every single one packed.

>that gut

Why should I believe a man who can't even take care of his body?

The idea is every device is a "router". So your phone connects to all the devices it can hear and they do the same. So if you, a, want to talk to d, and can only hear b then you tell b to contact d. d can only hear c but c says he can heard d so he relays to d.

The problem is doing this automatically in a standard way. Routing is a solved problem. See i2p and other stuff. Automatically link establishment is a solved problem see cognitive radio.

The unsolved problem is making it easy to use and getting it widely adopted. Right now you can make a wifi mesh network but you need cooperation and know how. You could make a phone that does this but without wide adoption there is no robust mesh. Without a robust mesh there's no adoption. Existing cell phone providers have no motivation to encourage this. They paid for the spectrum their towers use with the intent of making you pay to use it. Existing cell phone manufacturers sell their shit mostly through contracts with cell phone providers so sinking money in to development of something that won't increase their profit isn't attractive. Users don't give a flying fuck about privacy. They're already carrying around a gps tracker, microphone, and camera turned on all day.

Ultimately the users will have to maintain and install this network for it to happen. You can do mesh networking with amateur radio easy but that's not legal to do anonymously. You can mesh network routers in your neighborhood and point to point link them across areas with no cooperation I suppose.

Over and over the thing that changes the facts on the ground is economics not technology. Without people willing to put up goods and services nothing happens. Without the ability to generate a return on investment for those goods and services you need donations of those goods and services.

Because I don't revolve my life around this fat greasy NEET's philosophies? Now fuck off.

Most people I know don't even use the phone to call.

Without free software we wouldn't have a lot of things, namely the internet. What do you think would happened if GNU/Linux or BSD was crushed by Microsoft & ATT respectively. Or having a Free browser (netscape) and SSL from the cypherpunks. Fuck you ungrateful shit. Enjoy your dystopia privatized militarized internet.