Microsoft's underwater datacenter: Project Natick

When will GNU even begin to compete with such innovation?

youtube.com/watch?v=L2oJw1a_qEM

whats the point of this? cooling?

To piss freetards off.

>When will GNU, Jewgle, Kikebook, Chinks, and Russians even begin to compete with such innovation?
ftfy

What happened in those Google barges, anyway?

watch the movie and learn why.

They only thing they said is that once it screws up they're fucked. This is absurd.

>They're not using windows 10

Datacenters at sea. That's litteraly asking for more piracy...

> The overall goal here is deploy data centers at scale anywhere in the world, ... Half the world’s population lives within two-hundred kilometers of the sea. ... So moving data centers to the ocean made a great amount of sense to be able to make the actual cable to our customers as short as possible.

>qbittorrent
>3 browsers

hardened against human counter attack

that's doesn't explain why, it would be way easier to just put it on shore.

only reason i can think of to dump it in the ocean is to protect it from the locals, which is a valid reason.

>tfw you'll never live in an undersea lab and survive comfortably

Is that Chrome?!
So even Microsoft doesn't use Edge?

>Chrome
>Firefox
>Avast
>MBAM
>qbittorrent
Huh.

it would be easier, but not cost effective

coastal land in nearly every country is fucking expensive. putting a service 500m away from your most valued clients (rich people), which happens to be offshore, is a good proposition.

We did it first.

>.. Half the world’s population lives more than two-hundred thousand kilometers from the earth. So moving data centers to the outer space made a great amount of sense to be able to make the actual cable to our customers as short as possible.

Oh oops, this Chinese containership, crewed by Chinese who can barely speak English, and owned by Chinese supergiant COSCO, just dropped its anchor and accidentally dragged it all over Microsoft's offshore server farm.

Too bad, it totally won't happen again.

Now, let's not dwell on it, the ship needs to unload all those thousands of containers carrying Microsoft's and Apple's and Samsung's new chink stuff.

>edge
>windows 10

fucking idiot

like every kinda-cool google project that gets breathlessly jerked off over on tech news sites, they had a hard time figuring out how to sell ads through it, so 8 months later it quietly gets shelved

[ ] regular kek
[x] top kek

underrated post

also.. is there where the mariana's web actually is?

Most retarded pic I've ever seen.

>Sup Forums
>not surface web

>proxy required
>math research

>80% of the information that effects you directly
>effects

>quantum buzzwords

Worst one I've seen in a while.

Are the data centers in international waters? Can they store stuff illegal in some countries there?

It's IP address;

>any kind of scientific research
>easily accessible
I take it you never needed post-graduate level materials.

at least it's a thinkpad.

You can't connect to it, so who cares?
I'm almost positive Microsoft is capable of maintaining a firewall.