Secret AMD Vega tech day is happening right now and AMDGPU-PRO 16.50 Rolls Out

Our information comes from multiple sources. This usually means solid grounds to consider it as a fact. However we do not know if the event is a regional thing, or how many editors were invited. More importantly, this event is not public. It’s even less public than Polaris Tech Day, which still somehow leaked onto social media. >AMD is quite possibly showcasing first graphics cards equipped with VEGA graphics processor to the media. It might also be a briefing before public ZEN presentation, which is expected on December 13th. AMD could make a short demo of both.

videocardz.com/64637/secret-amd-vega-tech-day-is-happening-right-now

@

AMDGPU-PRO 16.50 Rolls Out With Southern Islands Support, FreeSync

>The embargo has just expired on the Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition release, which had leaked out a few days ago elsewhere. While Crimson ReLive Edition is a big update for AMD Windows users, on the Linux side there's less to talk about but it's still a rather big release. I've been testing the AMDGPU-PRO 16.50 release the past two weeks and overall it's a sizable update for those using this hybrid AMD Linux driver.

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=amdgpu-1650-relive&num=1

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/results?search_query=relive amd
gamersnexus.net/guides/2710-amd-relive-vs-nvidia-shadowplay-benchmarks
youtube.com/watch?v=04ITA1_XoqM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Poodrones forgot that vega is expected 2019

how much do you get paid to invent shit

AMD handpicked who they told about this event, they were super secretive about it. Vega might be pretty big.

>AYYYYYYMD
>moronix

Nobody cares about your pooware Rajeed

No, handpicking means that it's another disappoinment and they don't want people to figure it out right away.
They did the same shit with their APUs- they get 'approved' journalists to report on nothing but the positives, so that's people's first impressions, and then wait for everyone else to trickle out the negatives too.

not really secret since every blogger and every big jurnalist of the big sites already said they are going to canada to a secret trip...

i highly doubt they all go to see the nagiara falls..

>Look at me make shit up: The Post
Its amazing how dedicated you autistic shitposting children are.

>calling everyone who doesn't buy into your AYYYYMD bullshit an autist

That'll show them hehe

Why it's not overhyped like hbm or polaris?

because its 2-3 months till its been launched...

>showing off shiny new tech
>in absolute secrecy

Failure confirmed.

This "Secret AMD Vega tech day" literally exists to generate hype and "leaks".

They're trying to crack down on clickbait rumormill media perpetuating false expectations which end up hurting them.
>echochamber sites take certain lines out of context and push a salacious narrative
>clickbait titles say X is going to be the next best thing ever
>fanboys believe it
>people talk about the rumors as if they're fact
>months go by with people only talking about the rumors, completely forgetting where they came from
>product gets released
>its not what the clickbait said
>fanboys on the internet whine about product not living up to expectations
>shitposting autists like the ones ITT do nothing but spam memes
>rinse
>repeat

Its a terrible cycle. Companies like intel and Apple closely control who has access to their insider information, who reports on it. AMD is trying to do the same which they have every right to. Anything that takes money away from talentless cunts from currytech and fudzilla is a good thing.

3.5 rupees

fudzilla videocardz wccft are examples of what a jurnalist shouldnt do

>So it makes perfect sense that both events are connected. Did you notice that CES takes place in Las VEGAs? ;)
This is conspiracy theory shit

>amds newest driver update added freesync support for windowed mode
the last benefit of gsync.. gone like that.

Videocardz isn't that bad, also sometime they blow the NDA

I hate Radeons for only one (1) reason: no Shadowplay.

are you kidding videocardz is worse than wccft..
they posted so much bullshit
so much clickbait shit
so much rumors from 480 being a 4096 card to 480 to the lowest one from 1060 to be a monster from 1060 to be another 960(well this one was true)
they literally posted SO MUCH shit that they eventually were spot on

they have relive like literally launched today....

:^)

I know but it's too late.

>*rips open a bag of gamerfuel*
>opens up Overwatch powered by Geforce experience on 1080p screen with 1080 GPU

too late...
an argument that is so stupid that there is no sane comeback to it

O FUCK

BRB RETURNING MY 1070

I'm just going by what AMD has done in the past, dipshit. Not my fault you don't have a memory that lasts more than 2 weeks.

>nvidia take almost ALL the twitch marker because amd can't fix gvr
>not an argument

But I bought my 970 and not the 290/390 because of that. They lose customers.

Facebook integration bontnet kys

AMD didn't heavily vet and invite selected handfuls of journalists to the press events for Llano, Trinity, Kaveri, or Carrizo. They had big public events for all of them, including ISSCC keynotes where they detailed the chips for literally anyone who showed up.

Autistic little kid just making shit up.

lol
youtube.com/results?search_query=relive amd
relive is faster and with less impact generally...because you know they actually have a dedicated chip for video encoding and decoding instead to just throw it on the gpu..

But like I said, it's too late.

>fall for the ReLive meme
>this is what it does to audio

puuDOTsh/sIGRJ/0b535fc511DOTmp4

I still don't get it. Is Polaris just a stopgap, which Vega will replace entirely? Or is Vega just the higher end cousin of Polaris, and both "architectures" will continue to be sold in the same series?

And if so, why on earth have AMD made two architectures in such close proximity? Why not Polaris for the whole lineup?

Cause Poolaris is shit and not efficient

Polaris has 4(6 if you add the special cards that we wont see outside of china)that is from low to mid
vega will have 4 that will be from mid to high and if the rumors are correct we might see the first dual gpu from amd that will be the test bed for navi (2 cores inside the interposer essentially killing the need of a plx chip and thus any shit scaling from devs)

ReLive launched literally today with a better featureset than Shadowplay for the exact same performance hit.

Polaris was more power efficient low and mid range cards.
Vega is high end.

These aren't separate architectures, they're both 4th generation GCN. The names Polaris and Vega are just code names for the dies they designed.

what a insightful comment pajeet

little vega is approx 1070 perf with 12gb of gddr5x and a ~500mm2 die, launching in the first week of q2 '17.

big vega is between 1080 and titan xp perf on a 600mm2 die with 16gb of hbm2 and launches 3-4 months after little vega.

screencap this kids, AMD is done for

Pick your poison - data mining drivers or features turning up really late (but aren't datamining you).

gamersnexus.net/guides/2710-amd-relive-vs-nvidia-shadowplay-benchmarks

>draw like a GTX 1080
>the biggest chip match with the GTX 1060

GTR 480 says no u.

>AMD did this.
>No they didn't
>You're a shill
>No you
The thread

>I can't read a thread
BUT IT'S TOO LATE

ITT: Isaacs on full damage control

Reliva is better than Shadowplay but I will not sell my 970, too late.

> 970

You've already made one mistake so I suppose continuing the trend doesn't hurt.

I have 3.5 reasons to all you a faggot.

Would you stop with the fucking ellipses already? It makes you look like a retarded child.

>not using OBS

you all fail

amada always brings the awesome gifts last

B-b-but stop bully me. In 2014, the 970 was the best option. The 980 was overpriced and the 290/290x had GVR...no thanks

It's okay. No one wants to watch your GTA 5 videos you post on Youtube anyway. The only good thing Shadowplay has saved us from is Unregistered Hypercam 2 videos.

>No one wants to watch your GTA 5 videos you post on Youtube anyway
I pay my car, apartment, college with Twitch...

AMD mixes generations all the time, 3** series cards had different architecture levels. 370 was labeled GCN 1st gen, 380 GCN 3rd gen, 390 GCN 2nd gen. Polaris is a smaller chip, Vega will be bigger and much more powerful

>These aren't separate architectures, they're both 4th generation GCN
It's not that clear cut. GCN is also kind of a marketing thing, it consist of different modules that can vary even in the same "GCN generation". For example Fiji and Tonga was both in the GCN 3rd gen but had some slight arch differences and Polaris isn't radically different than them even though it is called GCN 4th gen. We know Vega will have Graphics IP V9.0, up from IP v8.0 of fiji and polaris

the basic design is the same since 2011 only thing that has changed now is that they added the HWS the hardware raster chip and the practicly made all the cores to be flexible enough (flip/switch mid cycle) other than this nothing really has changed

>The only good thing Shadowplay has saved us from is Unregistered Hypercam 2 videos.
And what about performance issue?

>Would you stop with the fucking ellipses already? It makes you look like a retarded child.

...why?

>OBS
It's complete shit for AMD cards unless you use the ancient OBS with work arounds.

it is efficient, however the silicon lottery is real with this process. same fucking chip can draw 90 watts or 160 watts for stock performance.

obs studio has built in compatibility for amds encoding.

isn't there an OBS fork for AMD cards?

This. They pulled the same shit with the first generation Bulldozer too, and it turns out that it was poo.

No, no they didn't.
Bulldozer had a big press launch.

I don't think Vega is going to be a "disappointment" because the only people expecting it to be unreal are stupid fanboys or false flagging Nvidiots. It'll be good. Just good. Nothing more, nothing less.

Are these new drivers going to add support to Ubuntu 16.10?

>I don't think Vega is going to be a "disappointment"
That's real funny
How much are you being paid to say that, Poojeet?

there is a very real possibility that the card we keep seeing on aots nowdays isnt a vega but a full fledged polaris with 4096(the actual polaris 12) and this makes sense actually because that means that vega will be the true successor of the hbm monsters

saying anything AMD launches will be 'good' is a pretty unrealistic expectation, most people would consider behind 2 generations worth of perf/w behind nvidia to be 'good'.

Keep dreaming, Pajeet. Polaris 12 is still a rumor at this point and Vega isn't coming out for another 3 quarters. It's just another shitty dual GPU Polaris 10 piece of shit that no one will buy.

>still falling for the NVIDIA perf/watt meme

lisa said q1 random idiot on Sup Forums says end of the next year

yeah no one bought polaris 10 cards lol i guess amd gained 12% so far on selling potatoes

The initial Polaris chip was a bit of a disappointment in terms of performance per watt but GloFlo have now got the production process under control and we are now seeing 14nm chips coming out that equal the GTX 1060's ppw target in the XFX RX 480 GTR Black. Blame GloFlo for the shaky start if you must.

Only idiots bought Poolaris 10 and 11. OEMs avoided them like the cancer they are because they're in the business of making money, not losing it from expensive RMAs.

>Is Polaris just a stopgap, which Vega will replace entirely?

Yes, Polaris is stopgap as fuck.
It's barely more than a shrink of older GCN and lacks rumored major features of Vega like double-speed fp16 and completely restructured SIMD scheduling (and even variable width?).

Polaris 11 will probably continue to be sold under one name or another for years, but supposedly even Polaris 10 is being superseded by a smaller (1x HBM2) Vega chip.

because surely there were so many OEMs out there with a 1060..
oh wait....OEMs dont care about mid gpus at all

Last I checked, 75% of pre-built gaming PCs on Newegg and Amazon had what midrange card?
Oh right, the GTX 1060.

75% literally pulling a number out of your ass lol fact is every retailer that sells worldwide has both cards as an option only few like shillied maingear and dino shit pc that sells nvidia infested pc with a propiertary motherboard with an i7 and 16gb along with a ref 1060..

90% of prebuilt gaming PCs have a low-end card like 950.

Good lord at least try to make plausible speculation.
A Polaris 10 expanded by 50% would be ~340 mm^2 and would outperform the 1070 pretty handily.
A 600 mm^2 chip would crush the TXP but would have a huge TDP.

Something more reasonable:
Little Vega: 1x8GB HBM2 (256 GB/s), 2560 shaders @ ~1.5 GHz = 8 TFLOPS, ~160W, ~300 mm^2
Big Vega: 2x8GB HBM2 (512 GB/s), 4096 shaders @ ~1.45 GHz = 12 TFLOPS, ~230W, ~500 mm^2
* plus binned variants of both

a 600mm2 would be like a fury x x2 lol i would love to see this shit with a 300 watt tdp

Enjoy your old as fuck technology

i live in toronto and i went to markham to see what's going on, i was in the parking lot and i seen some of the youtube reviewers chilling outside

i can confirm some shit did go down

nobody cares about a shitty 970 owners opinion, fuck off.

Given the pro duo effectively has a full cover block for two dies a proper premium AIO on the reference model (basically the pro duo's cooler as that is better than the fury x's) would easily contain such a beast if the supplied fan is good. Especially if AMD decides to do some crazy binning ala nano and only release the best voltage curve cards as full fat vega (they won't, but it would be insane if they did).

>2017
>falling for amds shiesty tactics

youtube.com/watch?v=04ITA1_XoqM

I bought a 6850K for 200 and plan to resell it, so I really hope Zen crashes and burns so I can that max profit.

>Perf/watt guys
Does anyone give a shit about spending one dollar a year more on their video card that cost half of nvidia's?

It's an absurd argument to make.

Nobody cared until Nvidia said perf/watt was important. When fermi was a nuclear reactor vs VLIW it was justified because "muh performance".

>Polaris 12 is still a rumor
no it isn't

AMD doesn't do 1 arch per series.

Probably, 500 series will be a mix of Polaris on the low end and Vega on the high end.

it's odd how every 400 series runs so absurdly hot
gtx 400 = housefire
rx 400= housefire
legit 80-85 ingame bcus the stock fancurve is retarded

Is that because lack of quality control during manufacture?

It's because GloFo can't get their shit together and they overpromise and under-deliver.

It's because the best polaris chips are used for other things then GPU's. Gpu's are actually the last thing amd uses its chips for, medical shit goed first so we gamers get the worst chips.