/cyb/ cyberpunk general

These threads are for discussion of all things Cyberpunk, from movies, TV, websites, games, and even current events.
Related topics range from fashion, to personal security and anonymity, to alternative and creative hardware, and much more.

>What is cyberpunk?
Cyberpunk is a genre of science fiction set in a lawless subculture of an oppressive society dominated by computer technology.

>>> Resources >archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/?task=search2&search_subject=Cyberpunk
Zeronet: zeronet.io/
Freenet: freenetproject.org/

Suggestions for new resources are welcome.

The TOX and IRC groups appear to be dead, as of now.
Are new ones in order?

>>> Old Pasta

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OeLua6NDwIk
lmgtfy.com/?q=where can I buy infrared leds
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the irc channel isn't dead…

join #Sup [email protected]

>The TOX and IRC groups appear to be dead, as of now.
>Are new ones in order?
Please update your copypasta... this is falsehood.

>18:47 -!- Irssi: #Sup Forumspunk: Total of 117 nicks [8 ops, 2 halfops, 23 voices, 84 normal]

So how long before computer programming is a heavily regulated industry because too many punk ass kids started writing internet of things botnets?

>civilian compiler
>civilian encryption

I just finished Dex. Pretty good cyberpunk game, but way too short for my tastes.

I like these threads but no new info gets added to the pasta even though something invariably comes up in every incarnation. I'm too lazy to do anything about it though.

Wow Sup Forums is ultra-cucked. Anything remotely benign trying to point to resources gets flagged as spam. Can't even paste an IPFS hash.

Anyways, #Sup Forumspunk on rizon

Full message on 7vHL8kzp (Pastebin, signed message with publickey)

What's a good cyberpunk anime?

I think Cyberpunk is a bit too outdated. There should be Vaporpunk instead, combining the aesthetics of Vaporwave, Mirror's Edge, creepily bright advertisement optimism with depressive basement neetdom and living in sewage pipes

GiTs, Lain, Akira, Armitage

trannies and other tumblr weirdos ruined cyberpunk

>in the future, you can be anything you want!

its so gay and tumblrish now. i dont even care if trannies exist in a cyberpunk future, it might be cool, but the aesthetic they bring is obnoxious and permeates everything i see now. its a soft, nerdy, oriental feeling aesthetic. all the girls have to have sassy pink hair and names like "Jade". hair covering one eye and "fierce" poses and attitude. obvious self inserts of the tranny's fantasy ideal

Thats your take on it. I'm a syndicalist.

Already watched all of them. Got something more obscure?

Is there are alot of CeaPea on zeronet?

I dont want to get v&

Psycho Pass

Texhnolyze

Lel, I've watched them too. Guess I've ran out of cyberpunk anime.

Cyber City Oedo 808

>how long
when it becomes enforceable

Make sure you get the version with the UK score.

youtube.com/watch?v=OeLua6NDwIk

Ty, looks cool.

Eve no Jikan

Is that time of Eve? Really good movie.

Yes

How would you block CCTV cameras with infrared leds, sewn into hat or around neck or something?

Where do you even get infrared LEDs?

Adafruit for one. A quick google search will give you plenty of places to purchase from.

lmgtfy.com/?q=where can I buy infrared leds

Forgetting GItS?

I don't see how programming could be regulated but I do think a certain level of security will be demanded of devices before they can be sold legally. This saddens me because I feel as though these botnets may possibly be used to save us from the surveillance state. Imagine an internet blasted with random, senseless, queries and watchlist keyword requests. If the millions of infected machines were used to corrupt or manipulate, say, Google or GCHQ's analytics, it would render all of the data they collect useless.

cyberpunk is not fashion

the point is that everyone will be too absorbed in their shit to care what others are doing with their hair and fierce attitude

>Suggestions for new resources are welcome.
OK, and how are the updates coming along?

Anyways if you like Cyberpunk manga/anime and with a twist you cannot go wrong with the epic Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou. Sure, it is slow in the start but it takes many sharp left turns into strangeness including Cyberspace.

Going to bed now (Europe here), hoping this thread will survive another day.

so your self-insert is cooler than their self-insert?

Does anyone have any easy to read guides on irc, setting up a room, banning people, keeping safe etc

do you know what I hate more than /fa/ggots and hipsters? whinning pieces of shit. Get lost.

While I don't disagree, I feel like you can still live/believe in a cyber punk type of life while ignoring posers.

they took the punk out of cyberpunk