Explain this

Almost every modern smartphone these days have a top tier display with 99% sRGB coverage and deep black levels(easily rivals professional monitors), even cheap ones have excellent screens. A good portion of phones now have QHD displays. But modern laptops are still on 1366x768 tn glossy panels. Even high end laptops have ok displays at best with very low brightness.

The only laptops that have ever had top tier displays have ALWAYS been macbook pro with high brightness and color accuracy with modern resolutions. Why can't anyone copy Apple in this regard?

Primarily because Apple buys all the supply of the really good panels.

Secondarily because they are expensive, which is one part of the reason why the Macbooks are expensive.

Some of the smartphone display technologies, particularly AMOLED, scale extremely poorly to larger displays.

larger screens cost more, smart phone users are shockingly more discerning than the kind of people that buy shitbooks with TN panels

Laptops are dying.

Professionals use stationary monitors or MacBooks.

The crowd of college students and nu-male hipsters still goes out to buy ultrabooks but they'll be gone for good in a decade, too.

Developers will still need computers but they'll be on desktops or a small range of remaining devices.

A shit panel is just what you get for a $400 best buy acer.

Because 1366x768 is more readable on a laptop with Windows.

>nu male hipsters buy windows ultrabooks over macbooks
You are such a faggot sheeple liar. You know damn well your fellow fanboys of Macbooks are sissy numales.

1366x768 is totally fine for a Laptop under $500. But i see what you mean.

>Why can't anyone copy Apple in this regard?

The amount of NaCl has risen

>1366x768 is totally fine

>modern laptops are still on 1366x768 tn glossy panels
maybe if you're poor as fuck and can't afford a laptop over $200

thinkpads had higher resolution display before apple
go burn

Thinkpad t60 had 2048x1536

cheg le dob :DDDDDDDD

The slant eyes made warehouses full of them and they're still sitting around for pennies on the dollar

Do you have severe autism or never go outside? I bet you literally live in a bubble and only go to like 3 websites.

There are tons of laptops with good displays, even Thinkpads which I assume you are talking about since that's about 90% of the laptops mentioned on g. TPG only lists the poorfag models with shitty TNs (god tier keyboard though).

Dell XPS has a great screen. Asus zenbooks have great screens (unless you get the shitty sub 900 dollar ones) just to list a few.

>for a laptop under 500

Actually it is, anything above that pricerange would make me feel ripped off though. I mean, you're not exactly going to use a sub 500 dollar machine for any color critical work (unless you're retarded).

Meanwhile chinks can give you a 1080p tablet with a keyboard dock for $200

They even copied Apple's pricing

But they're actually nice, magnesium chassis and all

>Dell XPS has a great screen

>PWM eye cancer
>good