AMD reSHIT

>moderately happy r9 380 user
>read that new AMD drivers with something like shadowplay have been released
>install said drivers in the hopes of finally being able to record muh gaymuhn via hardware w/o the need for some 3rd party software like OBS
>not only does not record, but all of my games are basically unplayable with shit framerates, even gzdoom shits the bed
>download an amd driver cleaner software from their website in the hopes a clean install will solve the issue, but it doesn't
>uninstall everything, cleanup again and go back to 16.10.3 drivers
>everything works as it should
>mfw

the no drivers meme is real. fuck this company, i'm buying nvidia next time

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C0ZcCeDcHGU
lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dri-devel/2016-December/126516.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Don't use third party OC software with it

i'm using MSI afterburner to apply a custom fan curve on startup, since by default it will get to something retarded like 75º C on idle before the fans start up. other than that, no OC applied whatsoever.

do you think that was the issue?

>falling for the amd meme

We warned you. I bet you disregarded it as shitposting. The ati 6850 was my last AMD gpu. Never going back.

>buying AMDshit
kek

Doom streaming via 750ti NVENC.

Not quite fast enough for DOOM but using NVENC has literally no effect on performance.

Yeah I hate AMD too

>he fell for poojeets lies

I've literally used Nvidia for 30 years and never had a driver issue I had 3 AMD gpus in 2003-2000 once and all died wtf

AMD cards used to die so often that they stopped producing their own cards and asked Nvidia card makers to make them for them.

>nvidia
>30 years ago

>AMD 15 years ago
>having GPUs

>w/o the need for some 3rd party software like OBS
OBS is way more flexible than any garbage a GPU maker is going to include

VCE doesn't hurt performance either and has been on GPUs going back 5 years so what's your point?

>VCE doesn't hurt performance either
yes, it does

>Not understanding that every AMD shitposter on this board is just an Nvidia owner that wants to trick anons into buying garbage hardware to make AMD look even worse.

Just look at any speccy thread. The Nvidia to AMD ratio on Sup Forums is like 10 to 1.

Hey Pissphone

>have 290x i bought used
>shits on 780Tis, 970s, 1060s and even some 980s depending on game
>also keeps my feet warm during winter

Too bad 290x is worse than literally every card you mentioned in your post with the exception of gimped 780Ti. I really would love to live in this alternative reality where anons get 20 fps more than reviewers.

All old overclockprograms MAY interfere with the new driver since there is overclocking/fancurve/power built into the driver. Try uninstalling msi afterburner and use the driver fancruve thingie. I think the 3xx series is supported now.

Only braggart shitposters post in speccy threads. It's not like anyone bothers to look at the other people's speccys, they just wanna feel good about their e-peen. A trait more common for nvidiots than amdrones.

>ati 6850
was AMD by then
also the 6870 was better performing for like 20 buckaroos more with far better OC potential making 20 bucks very much worthwhile

must agree though the 5870 was the best card amd ever released, priced amazingly, nvidia couldn't compete in any way, then the 6870 came out and it was a rebrand sure but the price had dropped substantially while the node shift made it cooler... i'm rambling

tl;dr you'll never have a gpu capable of maxing 1080p in the latest games at great frame rates for $200 ever again ;_;

>AMD
>2000
found the shillfag shitposters who are both underaged and clearly advertisers

Cool meme Pajeet. How about you actually show us tanking on cores, manufacturers and some actual comparison footage on youtube?

Oh wait, you only link to bs charts that lack any sort of information from your favorite shills.

It's time to leave shill:
youtube.com/watch?v=C0ZcCeDcHGU

>Implying my ATI Radeon All in Wonder, ATI 7200SE and ATI Radeon 9800 didn't all crap out with artifacts.
I was oversimplifying and calling it AMD to ensure maximum butthurt.

Spotted the AMD apologist.

>2000 subscriber Ukranian channel that can somehow afford 20 different GPUs and CPUs to benchmark
>not obvious shill
Fuck off

>a bunch of memeworks games
questionable at best

Someone should feed a bunch of driver change logs and game patch notes to quantify how much AMD's drivers actually suck.

Unlike Nvidia's subreddit nobody does that because it would show how fucking terrible AMD really is. It's kind of hilarious that I cannot find a single youtube video showing those shill claims saying that 290X is better than 970 or that 480 destroys 1060.

your posts

>Not quite fast enough for DOOM but using NVENC has literally no effect on performance.
>VCE doesn't hurt performance either and has been on GPUs going back 5 years so what's your point?

they both have negative (but relatively minor) impacts on performance you partizan retards.

Things are only going to get a tad worst before they get better, but I believe the drivers will get better if AMD spends a tad more effort.

The biggest bad news is that AMD's open source DAL/DC code that does all the display stuff is kaput, Linux maintainer won't merge it.

lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dri-devel/2016-December/126516.html

>The biggest bad news is that AMD's open source DAL/DC code that does all the display stuff is kaput, Linux maintainer won't merge it.
It will be distributed separately, like proprietary drivers are
Downstream distro maintainers won't have a problem with that
Fuck anyone from Red Hat anyways, the only thing they do is ruin the kernel

They're left in a tough spot since they supposedly claim that their resources are stretched hosting this off the kernel.

This would be vastly easier if there were distros that were willing to help out AMD by temporarily assisting with the maintenance of DAL/DC but most distros completely are eschew the proprietary drivers from AMD now for Mesa and AMDGPU instead since they work already and don't require fiddling.

So yeah, it's tough. I only have a problem with Red Hat converting everything to C++ and Python wherever they can, but they are also one of the only companies that is contributing big time to improving Linux also so it's a mixed bag.

>improving Linux
>Red Hat
heh

Relative to any company its size or twice of it, unfortunately.

Recording on my 480 still stutters once a second. Had the same issue with obs AMD framework.

I'll just keep using fraps.

op here, seems like removing afterburner did the trick. relive is crap though, I get regular 1s stutters on my gameplay when recording, looks like I will keep using obs for a while at least. also there's no way in the new drivers to apply a custom fan curve, so my card turned into a 75°C idling housefire from my previous comfy 40°C. thanks AMD pajeets, thanks so fucking much.

You lot arguing over old shitty defunct cards.

>wanting to be a shitty letsplayer

i'm using sapphires trixx software isntead of afterburner.

it works i guess?

I'll give it a try, thx

>caring about what other people do with their time
you have to be 18 years or older to post in here

you're a 4channer. you can't just act like you do something progressive.

> Search a video agreeing with his views
> Only find a ukrainian shitty youtuber

been playing vidya all my life, how is that exactly progressive?

Fixed Issues

Unable to launch the Problem Report Wizard from CCCSlim in Radeon Settings.
Radeon WattMan Power Limit setting may not retain after hitting apply when Auto Temperature is enabled.
DOTA™ may experience flickering in some hero and effect models when running the application in Fullscreen.
Pixel Format options may not appear in Radeon Settings on some 4K TV's with Radeon RX 480.
The Division™ may experience flicker during gameplay when using AMD Multi GPU configurations.
The Division™ may experience an application freeze or hang when running in AMD Multi GPU configurations after extended periods of play.
Game quality or performance may be degraded when launching multimedia content on a secondary display before running a game.
CIM folder retains under program files even after complete driver uninstallation.
Radeon Settings may experience an intermittent crash when accessing Radeon WattMan.
Display tab with virtual super resolution may be removed or missing in Radeon Settings.
The Radeon WattMan feature may intermittently display a Radeon Software popup error regarding Radeon WattMan for non-supported products.
Random crashes may be experienced on Mozilla Firefox.
DirectX®12 content may be unable to launch on some older CPUs that do not support popcnt instruction.
Intermittent Mouse Cursor corruption may be experienced on Radeon RX 480.

>4channer
leave

because you gotta start somewhere. and if you haven't as a teenager, you're doomed.. unless you wanna end up on like something the amd sapphire ed show

Known Issues

AMD FreeSync™ technology may experience performance issues with Borderless Fullscreen application support when a secondary display is attached and has dynamic content running such as video playback in a web browser or if other applications or game launchers are running on the primary screen in the background. A workaround if this issue is experienced is to minimize all other running applications that are on the primary desktop display or on non-primary extended displays.
Counter-Strike™: Global Offensive and World of Warcraft™ may experience flickering or performance issues the first time the game is launched on a system boot with AMD FreeSync™ technology enabled. Workarounds include exiting and restarting the application or task switching (alt+tab) in and out of the game to fix the issue.
AMD Multi GPU configurations may experience a system hang or reboot during install when using tiled MST 4K or 5K displays.
Titanfall™2 may experience black square corruption in game menus or during game play on some Graphics Core Next products.
FIFA 17™ may experience an application hang or black screen on launch for some select Hybrid Graphics or AMD PowerXpress mobile configurations.

Known Issues for Radeon ReLive

The XBOX™ DVR application may cause conflicts with Radeon ReLive, users are suggested to disable XBOX™ DVR if Radeon ReLive is experiencing issues.
Radeon ReLive may fail to install on AMD APU Family products or experience a system hang or failure to record when using the recording feature on AMD APU Family products.
Radeon ReLive may experience recording issues or issues toggling the Overlay/Toolbar when Frame Rate Target Control is enabled. Users are suggested to disable Frame Rate Target Control when using Radeon ReLive.
Battlefield™1 may experience UI flickering and/or performance drops when recording gameplay with Radeon ReLive on graphics products with 4GB or less of VRAM.
DOTA™2 may experience game corruption when performing a task switch while recording with Radeon ReLive in AMD Multi GPU configurations.
Radeon ReLive recordings may experience flicker when creating a single recording for many hours.
Radeon ReLive may experience minor graphical corruption for the first few recorded frames when launching UWP applications.
In AMD Multi GPU configurations the secondary graphics product will exit BACO when Radeon ReLive is enabled.
Radeon ReLive will not allow recording settings to change with Instant Replay enabled. A workaround is to disable Instant Replay and change settings then enable Instant Replay.
Radeon ReLive Overlay/Toolbar will not launch or Record when running League of Legends™ in Administrator Mode and Windowed Borderless Fullscreen. A work around would be to not use administrator launch privileges or to use Fullscreen mode.
Mouse cursor may stutter in recorded video when there is limited on screen activity outside of minor mouse movement.
Vulkan™ applications may experience a game hang when using Radeon ReLive to record.
Radeon ReLive will not notify an end user of low disk space during recording.

Nvidia's first GPU was in 1995, iirc

maybe he's thinking of 3Dfx

This
I remembered a few months ago when I got a HD7770 fairly cheap to be placed on a system for the living room, had so many fucking problems finding the right drivers, the Latest version according to their website was v14 but had to rollback up to v12 just to get it working.

Shitposting aside, AMD is really shitty with their driver updates and can fuck your system up.

Same shit happens with Nvidia drivers. I never update them because if I do, I only get problems.

i had an hd7870 but i died (rip) and i had problems with installing new crimson drivers installing on my win 8.1 (dynamicticks), maybe it was because of replacing my mobo but i was wondering if i bought a new amd gpu would i have problems with installing drivers?

It works wonders on my r9 290 machine. A Geforce Experience type thing was a long time coming for AMD. Hopefully they iron out the kinks people are having soon enough.

>anecdotal bollocks

ok then

Meanwhile, all 3 Nvidia driver updates this year have had problems, including killing cards. Don't act as if the problem is just AMD.

my nvidia drivers get updated every other day and work just fine

>ReLive doesn't even start on one of my games
What do?

I love how it never even crosses the mind of you retards that you might be the problem. It CAN'T be me. I'm great!

Stay away from Team Nvidia, faggot. We don't want you.

Working wonderfully on my HD 7970. Performance improvements across the board.
You are just retarded and left MSI Afterburner installed.

Reset wattman to defaults and reinstall after burner. I ran into an issue where my fan was locked at 60%, all I had to do was reset both programs to default settings and my fan curve worked again.

What settings are you using? Best results I've found so far are res=game, bit rate 5-5.5mbps, nvenc encoder, 60fps, desktop recording off. It doesn't like recording the desktop and game at the same time, and seems to shit the bed on higher bit rates. But that could be the hdd I'm saving to as well. Anything below 5mbps looks like ass, and it doesn't downscale worth a fuck.

Works great on my 480 gtr. Overclocked with the same temperatures pre relive as stock. Was running stock a good 3-5C cooler. Noticed the clock speed adjusts more dynamically based on load, rather than just running full blast then dropping to 0%. Dunno how well it works overall though.

>no minimize button
>2016
please tell me this is some kind of joke

>bit rate 5-5.5mbps
maybe the pastures are greener in the nvidia front, but anything below 10-15mbps looks like ass for us AMD folk

They aren't. 5mbps at anything above 720p will universally look like utter shit.

>be me
>R9 390 user
>so fucking lazy I never update my graphics drivers until i need it
>never deal with this shit everyone else seems to deal with

The over heating is real, holy shit, but just about everything else I've avoided so far.

try the updated edition

>op is a brain dead idiot
>blames le AMD
>memes make him feel better about his idiocy

kill urself

you can always unsubscribe, familia. no need to be salty :^)

thx, i downloaded an old edition. everything works ok now

for the record, i'm a retard. i might give vega a chance after all

DAS IST DIE SGE DAS IST DIE SGE DAS IST DIE SGE DAS IST DIE SGE DAS IST DIE SGE DAS IST DIE SGE DAS IST DIE SGE DAS IST DIE SGE DAS IST DIE SGE DAS IST DIE SGE DAS IST DIE SGE DAS IST DIE SGE DAS IST DIE SGE DAS IST DIE SGE DAS IST DIE SGE DAS IST DIE SGE DAS IST DIE SGE