Ask a VERY intelegent computer scientist who finally understands the halting problem anything

Ask a VERY intelegent computer scientist who finally understands the halting problem anything.

>tfw too intelligent for dubs

>VERY intelegent
>intelegent

Y'all niggas realize enlarged brains mean crippling genetic illneses or exposure to high levels of ionizing radiation right?

Also in nature large brains has nothing to do with intelligence. Whales and elephants have larger brains than humans do yet you don't see them making spaceships and curing diseases. At the other end Crows have tiny brains yet are capable of basic problem solving and social behavious similar to that found in humans.

Yo, dawgs,

What exactly is the halting problem?

Can someone please explain in terms a tech illiterate nigga would understand?

I want to impress my geeky GNU/Linux using coding all-star prodigy PAWG GF.

Many thanks,

Tyrone

>computer scientist
what makes you think this bullshit makes you a scientist?
because it don't

Why do people still think it don't be like it is, when often imo, it do?

>implying a whale didn't land on the moon

That's cuz crows' brain cells are smaller so they can fit more in their little heads.

>creating wisdom for all humans by using their superior braines and analysing god-given constructs
>not scientist

explain.

Are you too intelligent for English?

How much for a rocket to the moon?
>200.
200 Million?
>No, 200 dollars.

>too

Nice shitpost, retard.

hownu.ru

>haulting problem
Difficult to understand? I didn't think it was very hard to understand. What am I missing?

Can't determine if a program will hault, arbitrarily.
Not that hard to understand.

These images just keep getting better desu

Who even draws smart wojak?

If you had a computer with an infinite amount of memory, it would be impossible to write a program for it that takes any program as input and tells you whether it would run forever or halt.

You ever seen a grown man naked?

lol

> not science
> not scientist

Was that so hard?

Gentoo or Arch linux?

Can you prove it?

That's how infinite works my friend.
Don't think too hard about it.

That's not a valid mathematical proof,
and infinity is not as intuitive as it seems.
For instance, the set of prime numbers is countable yet infinite.

Why can I typecast in java?

The halting problem being undecidable is a fucking meme because they think the infinite loop in the H' program is the infinite loop of the if branch of the program, not that the H program is infinitely looping.

Reminds me of these things from Jabba's palace in Star Wars.

How long do you think it will be before functionally pure CPUs become available to the public?

>ITT babbys first computation class

What's the halting problem?

>intelegent computer scientist

lel oxymoron

void funfun(){
if(halt(funfun))
while(1);
}

ZOMG

can you prove it's a countable infinity? i could create n amount of primes that have infinite digits and then offset them by prime factors. this would create a diagonal that isn't in this sequence.

>What am I missing?
the joke

to*

The general method of proving the halting problem stems from the fact that programs can operate on themselves, and therefore given the existence of a halting decision function you can write a program which loops infinitely if it halts and halts if it loops infinitely.

(Of course, I'm handwaving away the “itself” bit, in a more rigorous construction you would use gödel numbering + diagonalization or something to that effect. But in general, making a program process itself is not difficult)

All primes are natural numbers
There are countably infinitely many natural numbers
Therefore the set of primes is a subset of the natural numbers, meaning the cardinality is at most “countably infinite”

>i could create n amount of primes that have infinite digits
There's no such thing as a prime that has infinite digits, because all primes are natural numbers by definition

>making a program process itself
Would recursion be an example? Just make a function call itself with no halting condition in order to make it "fill" the supposedly infinite function call stack?

01001001 00100000 01100001 01101101 00100000 01101101 01101111 01110011 01110100 00100000

No. No offense but I don't think you really understand what this is about.

its not undecidable
its impossible

just like you getting laid

haha burn

Anyone else here to inteligent that they dream in binary?

m8, I'm so intelligent, I dream in trinary

Can you please explain to me the solution of P vs NP problem.

np - n = p = p + n

ask your answers

He's trying to bait in teenagers and manchildren who thinks using computers=tech savvy

That's not what I asked
Also n * p = np

>P = NP
case analysis:

case 1: P=0 -> 0 = 0 is trivially true
case 2: P≠0 -> divide by P -> 1 = N

Ergo the solution set is the union of these two, or { (P,N) | N=1 ∨ P=0 }

QED

babby's first computability course

bump for this

Bullshit

Whales and elephants are far closer to humans than crows

Well no shit. This is the first time I've ever heard of the halting problem and there's hardly a good explanation ITT. No need to act like a know it all.

Elaphens yes, whales not so much.

Redditors. These shitposters come from there.

Why exist PHP?

Idiot

This is not funny, this has never been funny, this will never be funny; why do CSers repeat this ad nauseum?