New Radeon Chill:

New Radeon Chill: youtube.com/watch?v=_RKJB47PoRg

Discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/5h8mxm/amd_chill_results_so_far/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I heard Nvidia users all got Watchdogs 2 for free.

And the drivers work.

Thankfully AMD didn't do the same, would hate to actually own that piece of shit.

you couldnt pay me to play Watch Dawgz 2

who is this autist

>poolaris runs so hot we're forced to introduce Radeon Stutter
At least poolarisfags won't die in a fire.

I have been paid to play watch dogs 2. It's worth it because I like money.

How will this even work well without a freesync monitor? :(

I wouldn't install ubisoft's shitty DRM game manager so I'll never know.

>only noticeable if there's a lot of movement on screen (ala WoW)
Get mad that nvidia had to cut out almost all the fp64 to get their GPUS to stop overheating and burning up.

Oh wait they still do that.

I dont see the chill option in a game profile

Who cares? It was free, just sell it online if you don't want it.

Whats the point of this when your frames would already be low when using an AMD card lmao

its in global overdrive

I know
But the dude in the video can adjust it in the game profiles too

Which i cant

its not in mine my per game profiles either. maybe its not necessary. so they took it out.

Has Linux support improved?

should i put literally all my savings into amd

>internal testers
>88C on a card that practically breaks at 90C
lol... why is the stock fan curve so fucking shit?

Relive is great. Finally free of OBS.

>hurr durr it improves responsiveness!
no, it prevents the card from throttling by gimping its power
rather useless when you could just up the fan speed

what does freesync have to do with this?

this is mostly to save energy for laptop users because apple is using amd polaris cards now or some shit.

if you have a desktop it doesnt really matter how much energy you save.

Because capping the framerate for low power will literally lead to frames being sent at weird monitor refresh intervals

Can you manage multiple audio/video sources and edit them in real time?

I wish ReLive would stop fucking up my audio in recordings. Still good enough for meme webms I suppose.

Kinda but not really, ReLive isn't an OBS replacement
You can do some really basic mixing and editing, like adding a watermark or using two or three audio sources, but not more

Or they could do a multiple of 60, like 30, 20, 15, 12, 10, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

Hey bb radeon and chill?

But they said that WoW get's capped to 40 fps min ...

Some games not all. Most likely an issue as its new.

The frame buffer queue was reworked in order to take user input into consideration

Use presentmon and look at input delay with chill on/off for your proof

Your welcome

Min/max is user definable
Range is 30-300

You can set a range of 144-300 and still get power savings

Hell you can even set your range to 69-69 'cause that's the closest you autistic cucks would ever get to getting your dicks wet anyway

reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/5h8mxm/amd_chill_results_so_far/

Since you can't discuss anything with Sup Forums: The census so far is that it helps reducing temps but cuts your fps in half which makes it completely fucking useless.

would rather not as i already stated higher fan speed beats gimped hardware any fucking day.

don't come to Sup Forums for meaningful discussion, silly

Just set your Chill min to your monitor's refresh rate (or add a few above that if you don't have freesync to prevent tearing)

It's not like your extra frames would have been meaningful anyway

>The census so far is that it helps reducing temps but cuts your fps in half which makes it completely fucking useless
Are you retarded? Did you even check the slides at all?
That's literally what it's supposed to do, the idea it's to cut framerate when you are doing literally nothing, and boost it back when there's action on screen
What you should be looking at it's click to response time, which is improved with Chill

How are you gonna hear the sweet squishing of your cock tearing up pussy over the sound of your loud ass fans?

Oh wait lol nm

So once again, it's completely fucking useless. Since AMD is so shit at performance and they had to crank that shit to maximum that would still be considered "safe" just to compete with 1060 gtx they made sure that 480RX has no headroom in OCing and runs 15 degrees hotter than Pascal. This is nothing but a custom thermal throttle that allows your card to shit itself to reach lower temps.

>it's completely fucking useless
It's literally completely fucking useful since it improves response time, can't you fucking read?
>Since AMD is so shit at performance and they had to crank that shit to maximum that would still be considered "safe" just to compete with 1060 gtx
It isn't even close to maximum, this is shown by how well the RX480 undervolts, it was left at pretty high values to make yields much bigger
>runs 15 degrees hotter than Pascal
Talking straight up out of your ass I see
>This is nothing but a custom thermal throttle that allows your card to shit itself to reach lower temps.
This isn't thermal throttling at all, it doesn't take temps into account to cap framerate at all, lower temps are a side effect

Nice way of moving the goalposts, are you happy that you got your 2 rupees now?

THEN WHAT'S THE FUCKING POINT OF IT YOU NIGGER?! IT'S NOT LIKE YOU COULDN'T FUCKING FRAMECAP OR UNDERVOLT YOUR CARD BEFORE. IF ANYTHING AMD SUBREDDIT HAS A FUCKING FIELD DAY WITH IT SAYING THAT IT'S UNUSABLE IN FPS GAMES CUZ OF THE FUCKING FRAME FLUCTUATIONS. IN WHAT OTHER FUCKING GENRE OF GAMES YOU NEED HIGH RESPONSE TIME YOU CURRY FUCKING NIGGER. I CAN'T EVEN BOTHER WITH THIS RETARDED ASS SHILLING ANYMORE.

Lol dis guy mad cause he spent 4 weeks of his shit paycheque on some lies that only to find out his shit got rekt by a software update

keep up the good work poojeet

turn off the capslock lol
>nigger

Thanks bro

Its actually pretty fukkin
Chill

>AMD drone confronted by reality and facts lowers himself to using memes and projecting as an argument.

You still haven't answered me you curry nigger. Chill is absolutely shit for fps games because of microstuttering you get when your game suddenly goes down from 80 to 60 frames because the driver doesn't detect drastic mouse movement. Yet you claim that it improves response times which really is probably absolutely worthless outside of FPS games. Useless just as your rupee powered shitposting.

>THEN WHAT'S THE FUCKING POINT OF IT YOU NIGGER?!
Let's see you dynamically framecapping your card, go ahead show how it was already done
>UNDERVOLT YOUR CARD
This doesn't undervolt the card fucking retard, I was addressing your retardation
>IF ANYTHING AMD SUBREDDIT HAS A FUCKING FIELD DAY WITH IT SAYING THAT IT'S UNUSABLE IN FPS GAMES CUZ OF THE FUCKING FRAME FLUCTUATIONS
Your shitty subreddit link had people praising it and it's purpose isn't FPS games, it's e-sports and other games with lot's of scenes with little action like WoW
>IN WHAT OTHER FUCKING GENRE OF GAMES YOU NEED HIGH RESPONSE TIME
In every single game you fucking retard

Also, why are you so mad, the 1060 is still pretty much at parity
Or are you mad that you aren't getting paid anymore?
Says the guy who goes into CRUISE CONTROL retardation since he gets buttwrecked and won't get paid, nice try Rasheed
>paid shill mad and samefagging since he got wreckt and isn't getting rupees for the hours he has spent scurring subreddits and shitposting

Underrated

Needs a creepy Facebook Pajeet not the rich Pajeet that had a shirt made of gold

>Let's see you dynamically framecapping your card, go ahead show how it was already done

In what reality you're living where dynamic framecapping is a good thing or where sudden frame drop doesn't fuck up your responsiveness

>samefagging
I don't think you really understand what that word means.

>Your shitty subreddit link had people praising it and it's purpose isn't FPS games, it's e-sports and other games with lot's of scenes with little action like WoW

Doesn't answer my question, and no you don't need 1ms response time to play WoW unless AMD cards have some terrible input delay that I'm not aware of. Also pretty sure FPS is the considered e-sports (CS:GO, Overwatch)

Seriously this is pretty fucking sad at this point. You clearly have no idea what the you're talking about to the point where you don't even know how to correctly apply Sup Forums terms. Please stop posting and lurk more.

The response to user-input is instantaneous.

There is no difference between 80 and 60 on a 60 hz monitor.

If you have a 144 hz monitor, set your chill min to 144. That's why the range is user definable.

If you're playing an mmorpg you can set your chill min to 30 so you can afk and go outside without giving a fuck.

RTSs work. Anything single player works. Old-ass games work.

Fighting games and racing benefit from reduced response times. Sports games too but who the fuck takes those seriously?

If you've set your range properly, any time you're actually playing (ie. Kb/m input), you won't dip below 60.

Dude just try it the results are real.

Any other questions?

>There is no difference between 80 and 60 on a 60 hz monitor.

Spoken like a true fucking Sup Forums patrician that never played anything outside of artificial academy. You know that no matter if you have a 60 Mhz or 144Mhz monitor every fps player out there doesn't use vsync and cs:go players go to point of sacrificing graphical fidelity in order to reach 300-350 fps right? Do you understand that having a higher stable frame even on a 60 mhz allows shooters to have smoother control and sometimes even do engine breaking shit like in old Cod1/Cod2 games? Of course you don't, of course you're going to spew your retarded nonsense saying that you don't need more than 60 frames on 60 mhz monitor and that fps drops are a good thing. KYS.

>In what reality you're living where dynamic framecapping is a good thing or where sudden frame drop doesn't fuck up your responsiveness
Check the slides retard, OCAT/Perfmon confirms it improves responsiveness
>Doesn't answer my question, and no you don't need 1ms response time to play WoW
You never played WoW I guess
>Also pretty sure FPS is the considered e-sports (CS:GO, Overwatch)
Which Radeon Chill improves
>You clearly have no idea what the you're talking about
You don't have any idea, you can't even read the slides or check the OCAT/Perfmon benchmarks, even TPU which is biased towards Nvidia praises it
>to the point where you don't even know how to correctly apply Sup Forums terms. Please stop posting and lurk more.
Yeah, just pretend you aren't the mad shill calling everyone Pajeet
PROTIP: The IP counter didn't went up at all after you started to shit on Chill

>60 Mhz or 144Mhz
Spoken like a true Sup Forums patrician, how nice to have a monitor running at 60000 hertz/fps

>wanting to hear sex sounds
ew, never. if that bitch isn't moaning loudly in my ears i blast some music/whatever's on t.v
the card is loud as fuck, sure this will be good for games like wow with high framerates and subsequently huge gpu usage is a waste
but other than that it wont help the problem with the target temp being 5C away from its throttle

remember my 5 year old gpu didn't suck much power nor generate so much heat when light gaming was going on, wonder if that still happens now? or is polaris just hot no matter what and this shit was actually necessary?
which case why the fuck did it take so long to be released?

did you watch the video? he explains it there, kind of

Don't forget the hardware scheduler, one of the reasons of why async computing is so massively gimped on nvidia gpus.

Weekly reminder that Fermi had hardware schedulers
Daily reminder that Nvidia cut them out to reduce power consumption
Threadly reminder that Fermi DX12/Vulkan drivers FUCKING NEVER despite being promised
>just upgrade to the latest GPU user
Fucking kys I will wait until Nvidia fries my cards

It's always the same shill in all the fucking threads, easy to detect because he's too stupid to write RX480.

And you know what, probably most people are as retarded as that guy. AMD explains it explicitly how it works, and nobody understands, youtubers explain it and nobody understands, A/B it and maybe someone will understand?

this thing is pretty great, I want it to be API wide not just some games

>Fermi DX12/Vulkan drivers
One of the reasons I moved to AMD. I wonder why they didn't release them, it would be absolute kek to see Fermi cards getting better gains from async than newer generations.

AMD owners get CIV 6 for free.

>being so fucking stupid you don't realize you were infact the user he was calling stupid
it must hurt to live for you doesn't it, being that stupid and all?

>giving away a game that runs like shit on their hardware
bretty smart move, they'll have to upgrade toplay it.
and the competition doesn't run it very well neither, so going crossfire is the best option..
genius.

idk I never played or heard of Civ 6. Is it that bad? Few youtube videos make it look boring.

>sacrificing graphical fidelity in order to reach 300-350 fps
>stable frame rate

This is a valid point, but with how Chill works this makes the problem irrelevant.

So let's say (as a simplified example) your GPU is at 100% utilization and operating at a certain fps. An explosion requires the sudden usage of 20% gpu resources.
100%-20% results in a drop of 80% of that certain fps, causing frame rate instability.

In the case of Chill, let's say you're hitting your user-set fps at 80% GPU utilization.
A sudden explosion requires 20% resources of your GPU.
Your GPU has 20% resources freely available now anyway, so the draw requests are immediately served without your scheduler having to reallocate resources. This gives rise to a consistently stable fps.

As an extra bonus, you also don't have to sacrifice graphics fidelity for a stable frame rate.

>newfriend
Civilization is a money making long running franchise, the latest installment is ugly as fuck and runs like shit on everything
The previous ones (V and Beyond Earth) didn't ran too well, though Civ IV ran on pretty much everything including Intel infamous GMA 950 iGP's
It's a turn based strategy game that has been around since the late 90's

>100%-20% results in a drop [to] 80% of that certain fps, causing frame rate instability.

One word correction ty

Linux support
Lol

>60000 hertz/fps
>60000 refresh/frame/second
holy shit this scales exponentially

so you moved to AMD for 5 games? You really love to play Doom I guess.

>PS: Vulkan is DOA.

So it's literally gimping your card to the point where 1060 gtx is a way better purchase just so it doesn't cause a nuclear fusion of hydrogen nuclei?

Does it really decrease response time?

Would it be good just to set it to min 144 - max 144? What about if sometimes it'll dip below that min, does that matter?

This. It's just glorified thermal throttling.