Tfw fell for the mechanical keyboard meme

tfw fell for the mechanical keyboard meme

tfw almost quads

>tfw fell for the "tfw fell for the x meme" meme

Aren't they loud as fuck?

Ah but thats what makes them satisfying! And the tactile feel.

It depends on the switches you use.

They're horribly flimsy for the price

Louder than a typewriter. Comparable to firing a machine gun.

They are? My WASD V2 weighs like 3 pounds and feels as sturdy as some oak lol

>tfw when playing multiplayer the other player's mechanical keyboard bleeding through the mic is louder than their voice

wrecked a few of them with accidental spills. shouldnt happen for the price

>game so hard u spill dew all over the board

I've got two mechanical TKL keyboards, one with blue switches (home), one with brown (work). Love them both to bits. Never touching a rubber dome keyboard again if I can help it.

Look up XMIT Hall Effect keyboards. They're the only brand I've heard of that's truly waterproof.

I got a really good deal on a TKL MX Blue keyboard (£30), but I don't use it.

After half a year, the novelty wore off and I realised I prefer the even smaller, £10 rubber dome. Mostly, it's because the keys sit lower and there is less travel. (Yes, I know o-rings exist.)

>tfw fell for the AMD is good meme.

I lost a Corsair K70 when my wife spilt red wine. Had to rip apart the stickers to get into it (awful design, Corsair), and I still couldn't get two of the keys to stop feeling tacky.

Then I replaced it with a Ducky Shine Zero TKL, and loved it.

After using a good scissor switch (Thinkpad), I would never go back to clacky mechanical garbage with Xbox HUEG travel.

tfw you bought something without trying it first...

I got sick of my TKL with blues pretty quick, but I've been using my Poker 3 with clears for a while and love it.

Stock clears are perfect desu

me too bro
me too

yeah the keys are wobbly as fuck.

tried ducky shine 4 and corsair k70 lux.

DasKeyboard ist next

I bought a Rosewill RK-9000V2 with Brown Switches and it is fucking great! What a massive upgrade from a shitty Cooler Master Devastator keyboard that I had.

They are not a fucking meme.

Tfw trying to bait with the "tfw fell for the _ meme" in 2016

How about try one that isn't dog shit. I've used plenty of mech keyboards that are sturdy as an oak tree.

The keys do feel cheap as fuck thanks to that annoying wobble they have

>tfw literally having not self-respect and professionalism to even buy yourself an adult's top-quality tools of the trade, but still using a fisher price baby toy keyboard for something that's supposed to be your craft and your livelihood.

Fuck-sakes I'll never even remotely begin to comprehend when so-called technologists, or "programmers" especially, refuse to get through their thick autistic skulls that if you at all want to be taken seriously you are supposed to invest in your rig, and graduate beyond the "DERP, mommy gave me my first PC, what do I do now?" phase.

I'm not an expert on switches but aren't there some quiet ones that are still decently tactile?

>Allowing the placement of beverages on your computer desk

This was your fatal mistake

kill yourself

Been using my blue Filco Majestouch 2 since August 2011, feels good my man.

>>tfw literally having not self-respect and professionalism to even buy yourself an adult's top-quality tools of the trade, but still using a fisher price baby toy keyboard for something that's supposed to be your craft and your livelihood.

Proper coding is not done on "MUH TENKEYLESS SUPER H4XX0R BOARD" but on Dell keyboards and company-issued thinkpads.

What you're doing is nothing but following a cargo cult: "I need a mechanical 500 Dorrar keyboard with 30 sublevels and shortcuts so I can program my web app in PHP"

tfw i sound proofed my house just so i can use my cherry mx blues at night.

muh dell at101

>tfw got a CODE
>loud
>feels worse than my chinkpad's keyboard
>got one with a numberpad which makes me put my mouse further to the right or makes me move my hands to the left when typing

literally LITERALLY
>SAYS DELL
>>SAYS "CARGO CULT" IN THE SAME POAST

(((DROPPED)))

Dell and HP workstations are still state of the art in serious companies. You can """program""" ruby at starbucks on your macbook connected to a folding mechanic blank keycapped mx blue board all you want, ese. Won't make you a proper developer of anything but your shitty github scripts.

yea, keep working for the man, SUCKER BITCH.
The tactile response and precise actuation force improves my typing accuracy by such a margin over yours as to render the entirety of your "career" nothing more than a baby's drool on some construction paper, compared to mine.

tfw fell for the thinkpad meme
tfw fell for the mechanical keyboard meme
tfw fell for the audiophile meme
tfw fell for the arch meme

>tfw fell for the cat meme

tfw i paid £30 for a chink mechanical keyboard and it's great

>Filco Majestouch Brown Cherrys for 9 years
>Still works like new
>Never had to buy another keyboard in that time
I'm so glad I fell for the mechanical keyboard meme

dont cry plz

>tfw paid to write code 8 hours a day on a Microsoft keyboard that's at least a decade old
I'd love to bring in a mech but security is insane. Can't even have my phone with me.

So I had a nice mx brown ducky at home but I found switching back at work made me fuck up due to the pressure difference. Eventually I gave the ducky to a friend and went back to a membrane $5 keyboard at home too.

Kinda sad but i do otherwise like my job.

>tfw amazon basics Bluetooth keyboard
>tfw Intel stick pc on my TV
>tfw mechanical nerd will never know the comfort of writing code from the recliner in my living room
>tfw he will always be chained to his desk

>>tfw amazon basics Bluetooth keyboard
cherry brown switches aren't too loud, a good balance of feel and noise

I've tried different keyboards with different cherry switches.
I always come back to my oldest one, a plain old SS 6GV2 with Black switches.
The fact that typing on it feels like the day I got it 5 or 6 years ago, and that the clicky switches are more satisfying than any old rubber dome board, justifies the mechanical keyboard markup.

You can keep your fancy switches and meme LEDs

>Hurrr professhinal
>Hurrr I need my tenkeys
>Hurrrrr I'm a flaming faggot

>wife

You don't have a wife; enjoy your pillow.

Microsoft natural 4000 masterace

Fell for? I've got some MX Cherry Blues on my keyboard and I fucken love them. They sound great, feel great, and as a bonus the keyboard is pretty good looking in my opinion.

I do, however, keep a PS/2 keyboard at my desk in case I need to rifle through the BIOS or something.

aha, I use that same keyboard at the office

i love my keyboard

I bought a chink mechanical. It's fucking horrible. It has kailh reds, feels mushy as fuck and the keys are too tall. Build is really sturdy, but the typing experience is utter shit.

I'd be willing to try something like topre, but giving over 200$ for a keyboard is, objectively and without discussion, a MEME. It would have to be absolutely PERFECT to have that value, and I really have my doubts.

So yeah, mechanical is shit. Rubber might still be saved.

Nah man. I'd take the civilized scissor switch.

Goes well with kot.

>tfw fell for the mechanical keyboard meme

Do you need help getting up, user?

what the fuck

>tfw fell for the "tfw fell for the "tfw fell for the x meme" meme" meme

with this... i could use space while using space!

>spills liquid on electronic product
>says it's the products fault when it breaks

yo dawg

>two external keyboards
>not one numbpad