Would you still use linux if it costed money?

Would you still use linux if it costed money?

>oh look another worthless lincux thread which has nothing to do with technology
yay, can't wait to hide it.
just know you killed a thread for this faggotry. you sick bastard.

Cuck

linux is technology, your vidya consumer faggotry will never be welcome on here.

If it was still cheaper than mac, yes.

Probably, because Windows doesn't let you program for shit.

I'd probably use BSD, just out of convenience. Also, BSD would probably be more popular if it was the only free as in beer OS.

I'd find a way to pirate it like I did Windows XP and 7.

>implying someone wouldn't just fork it

Probably. I have never paid a penny to microsoft.

I dual boot. I use linux mostly. But if I have to use windows for something. I will. And never paid for anything. come on now.

Probably this. Although if Linux had as much support as it has now, and FreeBSD had as much support as it has now, and the only difference was that Linux now costs money, I'd pirate Linux.

Would you still use windows if its has free

Yes if it were exactly what it is. But no because if it the great majority of its ecosystem were not FOSS then it wouldn't have attracted the many diverse companies and programmers that made it what it is and it would probably not be good in the ways that it is.

>implying i come here for vidya and other advertisements
fuckoff faggot. why did this faggot thread unhide itself. fuck you mook

No. As much as I like to use it, I admit that GNU/Linux is a piece of shit that's only worth something if your time is worthless. Paying anything for it is definitely out of the question.

>costed

yep

How much does microsoft pay you, pajeet?

no, it's just like winblows in that sense

If it would be still GPL yes.
Otherwise i would switch to freebsd and not give a fuck

Is Ubuntu ready for everyday use like for example Windows 7 or is it still a buggy piece of shit? I would pay for a polished distro to have Linux kernel under a proper, unified, polished GUI.

>all the newfags not realizing it's meme

I'd pirate it

It would lose a lot of credit, since one of its main features is being free. I can do a lot more than in any other OS.

>costed

so yes

when was the last time you used it? 2005?
it's been totally fine for everyday use for years
you should just change the desktop environment to XFCE or LXDE, in my opinion

I've been using Ubuntu as my primary OS since 2006 (I used Slackware up until that), and yes most DEs are still buggy as hell. I used KDE up until they borked it in version 4, I used Gnome up until they borked it in version 3 and now I use Xfce (which is more buggy than KDE and Gnome ever was).

LXDE has been totally real for me, i've been using it for 6 years now.
totally legit, never have any issues, except for this new GTK+3 shit

like redhat or suse? Sure, people already use those

I tried LXDE 2 or 3 years ago, it was definitively not for me. But whatever floats your boat, I guess. At least that's the beauty of Linux distros, you can choose whatever components you want.

If it costs something that'd imply that it's worth something

Linux has no worth

v true B^)

>Would you still use linux if it costed money?

Yes, but only if it meant that the money went towards making GNU/Linux not shit (on the desktop anyway, it's already bretty good for servers)

Depends on the price.

If I paid for the kernel and then could use any distro and freely switch then probably.

Although half the beauty of linux is that it's completely free in both senses to do whatever you want with it.

I donate half of every paycheck to Linux Mint

I'd just pirate it like I do Windows

Personally not

yeah, lots of people already do in smartphones & tablets, its called android,

windows got taken over by some smelly pajeet and now it is borg spyware, i have windows on one of my laptops but i refuse to allow it to connect to the internet because i dont trust windows and i dont trust microsoft

no

Sure.
> Hey boss, can we get a volume license for RHEL?
> What do you need that for?
> It's the Enterprise Best Practice server for loads of stuff.
> Why a volume license?
> So we can spin up VMs as we need them, and so that we can fuck with it at home.
> Sure. That makes sense. It's not much more expensive than Windows Server is it?
> Nope.

And that's how you get your free as in beer (for you) license, legally and above board.

If I could pirate it, I think I would. I have a problem with being spied by Microsoft.

>I'm in Windows 10 right now.

Linux is just the kernel.
If it costed money it wouldn't have the community of enthusiasts that it has today and perhaps Hurd would already be out and running because of that.
We would all be using GNU/Hurd I guess.

I’d just like to interject for a moment. What you’re refering to as cummies, is in fact, daddy's/cummies, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, daddy's plus cummies. Cummies is not an dick unto itself, but rather another free ©component ®of a fully functioning daddy's dick made useful by the daddy's nutsack , tip utilities and vital dick components comprising a full dick as defined by DADDY.

Many daddy's princesses fuck a modified version of the daddy's dick every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of ↪events, the version of daddy's which is widely used today is often called “cummies”, and many of its hoes are not aware that it is basically the daddy's dick, developed by the daddy's project.

There really is a cummies, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the dick they use. Cummies is from the nutsack: the program in the dick that allocates the dick’s resources to the other princesses that you fuck. The nutsack is an essential part of a dick, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete dick. cummies is normally used in combination with the daddy's dick: the whole dick is basically daddy's with cummies added, or daddy's/cummies. All the so-called “cummies” ejaculations are really ejaculations of daddy's/cummies.

>costed
mane
no

This question makes no sense.

The kernel? It will never cost money, it's inconceivable.

A distro? There are already multiple paid distros, and yes people do use them