/hpg/ - Headphone General

~~ PLEASE USE THIS FORM TO GET PURCHASE ADVICE ~~

>Headphone purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.
If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

>Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/AKG-K-553-Pro-3280H00100/dp/B01DPS4QQ2/
innerfidelity.com/content/innerfidelitys-wall-fame-wireless
innerfidelity.com/headphone-measurements
lacinato.com/cm/software/othersoft/abx
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lossless_compression
h3xed.com/web-and-internet/youtube-audio-quality-bitrate-240p-360p-480p-720p-1080p
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What did everyone get from the Audio Technica warehouse sale?

Did they have the AD2000X? I'm Make me jelly. It's cheap?

Didn't see any or I would have copped.
Place got so full you couldn't move so I may have missed them desu.
Was disappointed in the lack of turntable sales. Most of the deals were microphones which was pointless to me.

Yeah, they're used. Should I try to haggle them down?

> Meme Technica

what are you listening to right now /hpg/?

I bought some Bose Q35 Bluetooth headphones for $40 off during Black Friday. How did I do?

I have hd650s that I use on my computer at home but they're not great for travel

want an over the ear I can use while out

looking at the momentum 2 by sennheiser

don't care too much about price

what do you guys think

I've been looping Ihsahn, Borknagar, Abbath and Darkthrone's 2016 releases this whole week. Always open to suggestions.

(You) dun goofed

>Budget:
0-200, flexible
>Location
US
>Source
laptop
>Type of headphone
full-sized.
>Open or closed
Closed, with good passive noise cancelling.
>Comfort level
High.
>Sound signature
Neutral. So long as I'm not getting distortion listening to music of varying genres, explosions, human sounds, and nature sounds, I'm good. Not much of an audiophile
>Past headphones
Razor Carcharias, HyperX Cloud 2 (current), Panasonic RP-HJE120-K (public)

The important attribute I'm looking for is a set designed to be wireless so I can wander around a room and while wearing the headset or not be bothered by a cord on my shoulder. I don't know what to look for since I've always rejected them on sight, but now I want to give a set a shot.

You tell us. How do you like them so far?

K553 pro

also I'm gay

...is not a wireless headset, that's correct!.

>wireless
fuck off then

why people hate k545 so much. this is a good headphone with weak ass bass. but its good for piano music and sometimes chamber music. I got a brand new one for 130 usd and using it with my discman .
i enjoy it

Is there any point in me buying HD800's, I listen to music through Youtube, I only have my onboard motherboard audio and I already have HD650's?

Beats Studio Wireless

>I listen to music through Youtube
why not just kill yourself?

user, it's okay if you don't have any knowledge or experience to offer. No one's going to think less of you if you just keep lurking.

>Beats anything
Why?

sennfag back to /reddit/

Beats by Dre provide the highest quality audio experience and represent cunning taste on the part of the wearer.

I've never downloaded FLAC's or whatever autistic files people listen to, are they really that much different?

I might drop my autismbux on some HD800's and use them to listen only to Linkin Park through Youtube just to trigger you plebs.

> implying there's any difference between opus 192kbps and flac

Ask a dumb question, get a dumb answer.

Do you like a good dick suck?

Yea, I know there's no difference

I said do you like a the suck?

I said I agree with you, there's no difference.

I am explicitly aware of the bad reputation of wireless headphones and have avoided them for years. Asking for advice about a category I've never checked out before is the opposite of dumb.

>Please put some effort into your requests and questions.
Did that
>If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.
Apparently this needs some editing.

Very, very different with even decent gear like hd600...

lol

Where do I get shit hot FLAC files?

what.cd
[spoiler]
lol[/spoiler]

>spoiler
go back to Sup Forums you fucking nigger

The Kool Kids Klub.

There is no one place, and lots of music isn't available in the format since the CDs and digital releases didn't include it. Finding FLAC really comes down the the individual artist.

amazon.com/AKG-K-553-Pro-3280H00100/dp/B01DPS4QQ2/

rutracker is one of the beat imó

You're too late for the shitpost party
Though now I know a new attribute of Amazon links, so thanks, I guess.

Download or rip to flac if:
If you burn music cd's to play on a good hi-fi, or want to transcode the same file for transparent lossy for device(A) and max compression for device(B).

Will Samsung bux make AKG great again?

They haven't released a good headphone since the K1000.

The OP used to have "wireless is frowned upon" don't know when they removed that, here anybody just rec like 3 IEM, wireless has shit sound anyway so nobody here tries one shit pair after another to find the best one, you might want to look for one tha is light, has good battery and use blutooth those are the pros of wireless not the sound

If you want wireless there's no point in asking for suggestions because they're all shit

Get any of these: innerfidelity.com/content/innerfidelitys-wall-fame-wireless

>wireless has shit sound
prove it

How is the K812 bad?

> $399

>one wireless headphone is bad therefore all is bad

nice logic

Perhaps this all comes down to reading comprehension, since I said
>>Neutral. So long as I'm not getting distortion... I'm good. Not much of an audiophile

And that's my criteria. I don't need nor want super excellent special snowflake audio, because I've never had it and have no reason to spoil myself now. I don't care what you think isn't worthy of your precious ears, I just don't want it crackling at the high notes and such and I'm fine.

That said, thanks 57917190, you are literally the only person in 5 threads to give a non shit response. If these threads were audio, the output was worse than dollar store IEMs.

Good job on having nothing to indicate what headset that's charting.

What headphone?

>Perhaps this all comes down to reading comprehension, since I said
Well if you're so good at reading comprehension and just want neutral sound then what's stopping you from "reading" the measurements at innerfidelity?

innerfidelity.com/headphone-measurements

Parrot Zik 2.0

>what's stopping you from "reading" the measurements at innerfidelity?
Time, since I first looked at that site about 5 minutes ago.

As i said nobody here tries them because the sound is shit (as very much inferior) compared to wired, that cost under 200usd and even 100usd, we used to rank IEM, and that only made us aware it was not worth the time

What does www.boards.Sup Forums.org/g/ think of Fiio E10K?

is there any good in ear wireless headphones for under $100?

If I sold my Lyr 2 and wanted to replace it with a dedicated headphone amp with a price tag

Which mic is user using and how do you like it? What do you use it for?

Great chink shit, but the new Fulla 2 is better

Hey guys, complete noob here. I have some Beats Powerbeats3 but I dont like that they fall out when im running or at the gym, i've attempted to look at other brands but cant seem to find one that is in ear with bluetooth capabilities. Can you fine folks point me in the right direction? Sound quality is not an issue but I would like the sound to be as "good" as these beats as that is what I know as far as quality is concerned. thanks in advance.

How hard is it to make your own CIEMS?

>weak ass bass
>good for piano music

>$219

DIY UIEM would be easier I think.

>we
Also, there were several requests for IEMs over the last several threads (in addition to the category in the purchase advice pastebin) that didn't get tons of shit and zero help.

Downloaded 8gb of FLAC files and they sound literally exactly the same as the same song on Youtube.

This presumably means one or more of the following:

1. I'm a pleb
2. My on-board audio isn't good enough
3. HD650's are bad
4. FLAC's are shit
5. The FLAC's I downloaded are shit

Which is it?

3. veiled

I'm just joking..

6. You didn't take an ABX double-blind test and made up your mind before even listening to the files.

I'm sat listening to the same song and switching between the two every 5 seconds, if you can't tell the difference that way how else are you going to?

Did I get bamboozeled with these R8s?

With an ABX double-blind test.
Sighting testing is worthless because of inherent bias.

*Sighted testing

>ABX double-blind test
Ok so I'll do that, is this up to par?

lacinato.com/cm/software/othersoft/abx

What type of file would be considered 'Youtube' quality?

6. Like 99% of the shit spouted in these threads, FLAC is just placebo.

The advantage of FLAC is that it's lossless. It can change digital hands/location 100 times and the quality stays the same. In contrast, MP3 is lossy and will degrade if you keep moving the file to different places. After 100 switches, it will have artifacts and other shit.

So when you download a FLAC and MP3 of the same music, they will sound exactly the same as they've changed places the same number of times. If you expect to keep your music in the same place for multi year stretches, then there is no advantage to FLAC.

Resolution Audio Bit Rate Compression
1080p 192 kbps AAC
720p 192 kbps AAC
480p 128 kbps AAC
360p 128 kbps AAC

>I might drop my autismbux on some HD800's and use them to listen only to Linkin Park through Youtube just to trigger you plebs.

you'll need an amp too, i'd suggest a SPL Phonitor 2 to get the most of your youtube listening experience

all of the above

I ordered my first headphone amp. did I do good?

>Budget
200 USD
>Location
US
>Source
Desktop
>Type of headphone
Full-sized
>Comfort Level
High
>Sound Signature
Bassy
>Past Headphones
Bose QC 25

I don't really mind if it doesn't have the noise canceling function like my previous headset. I simply want something that is wireless so I can move around my workspace while listening to music.

After this learning experience imma just buy some HD800's and enjoy them from my onboard audio, hopefully they aren't as shit as the HD700's I bought.

we get it, you're trolling, but it's terrible. Please rethink your baiting strats to be more subtle

>says HD700 is shit
>a troll
hmm

>1080p 192 kbps AAC
it's 160kbps opus

>HD700
any 150 ohm headphone will sound like shit from onboard audio, upgrading to 300 ohm headphones will be even worse. I don't think you can even drive 150 ohm headphones with onboard.

b8

You're fucking retarded. Bits are bits they don't degrade from "moving the file".
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lossless_compression

lolwut
hd650 sounded better than hd598 from soundcloud on my iphone when I tested them in store
and I'm really newfag in all this audiophile shit

Yea, an akg k701 at 62ohms is easier to drive right

The first site that pops up when you search for "youtube audio bitrate" says otherwise.
h3xed.com/web-and-internet/youtube-audio-quality-bitrate-240p-360p-480p-720p-1080p

No bullshit though whats the cheapest way to drive HD800's?

>Is there any point in me buying HD800's, I listen to music through Youtube
I never got on board on this stuff. Perceptual audio coding and headphone quality are two different things. They are weakly related.

Somehow, I don't think you'll find what you're looking for. This is in no small part because you don't seem to have indicated what you want.

For that money, Smyth Realiser any day over a simple crossfeed.

Why not just pass on the QC25 to someone else and get the QC35?

You need an impression. You will need drivers. Most people start from a balanced armature and shove it in with some filters and RLC bits for tuning.
Start simple with either one of the Knowles ED single or TWFK dual units. Sonion drivers are usually a little harder to come by IME.

Came in a few days ago, but there's a definite driver imbalance. Should I exchange them?

Why get HD800's if you're going to use a shit source? Wouldn't that money be better elsewhere?

put the 650's on an amp and then tell me what sounds better

why?

if you don't want to drive them properly, you are throwing money away on the expensive headphones, it's retarded. You may as well get some HD 598 CS if you don't want to amp them

Why would they not? If you can demonstrate it being defective, they didn't sell you a working product.

I liked the LG Tone stuff (HBS 900 in particular), but not the HBS-1100.

Whatever you already have that has a headphone out. Seriously, plenty of people use smartphones, laptops, and on board audio.

The checklist that I might have posted before. Look it over.

Amplifier/DAC checklist:
-Is it too quiet?
-Is the output impedance too high (fixable by equalization)?
-Is there noise/EMI or hiss to it?
-Does it sound distorted as you start to crank up the volume?
If the answer is no, don't get one.

>Whatever you already have that has a headphone out. Seriously, plenty of people use smartphones, laptops, and on board audio.
And it'll sound as good as a proper AMP/DAC setup provided the checklist is filled out?

My HD650's sound good to me just off my motherboard. They don't have any distortion that I can notice, I can't really test at high volume because anything over 40/100 Windows setting is way too fucking loud.

I know dude. I ordered HD 6XX and after they will be here I'll buy E10K. I just said that even I noticed difference between 598 and 650 without amp and from 128kbps soundcloud. So they are good without amp too. Maybe a bit quiet but still better than 598.

buy a cheap amp and try it out. if you don't see the difference, return it.

>you won't return it.