AirPods delayed to mid-2017

businessinsider.com/apple-airpods-delay-wireless-earbuds-technical-issues-2016-12?op=1

>Apple is struggling to ensure that both AirPods receive a Bluetooth signal simultaneously, something that would help them avoid sudden connection dropouts.

Would Jobs have approved shipping an iPhone without headphone jack when the wireless earbuds aren't even close to being ready?

Other urls found in this thread:

apple.slashdot.org/story/16/10/26/2243222/apple-delays-airpods-beyond-original-late-october-window
youtube.com/watch?v=s1QKW7gzTIs
youtube.com/watch?v=p_jQSHQkepk&t
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Apple is done for

should have called them airbuds, they would be a slam dunk

wtf I love Android now

Cant' wait to experience rampant UI lag, lack of updates, and the need to kill tasks on my phone via a task manager like I do my 3" thick Thinkpad. Think chicks will be interested in my custom ROM that I load onto my obscure Android device that one one has ever heard of?

It will be better than those shitty poordroid earphones anyway

hint: apple owns beats

hint: they'd like you to buy some wireless beats

yes, they are also $160 and will be shit compared to anything wired in that price range

Are you poor?

Just a reminder THAT THIS STORY IS ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT

an engineer on in possession of prototypes whispered on slashdot comments that the problem is the battery technology is simply not there yet currently providing only 15 minutes of play time.

apple.slashdot.org/story/16/10/26/2243222/apple-delays-airpods-beyond-original-late-october-window

far from it, but I don't stay that way by throwing money at garbage

poor

the problem is sending the signal to both earbuds at the same time or some shit

the samsung earbuds and the dragi whatevers are apparently a mess because of this

>only 15 minutes of play time.

Tim Cuck answered an email last week and said they'll begin shipping within the next few weeks.

>would Jobs

FUCK OFF.

STEVE JOBS MADE A PHONE WHICH DROPPED CALLS IN YOUR LEFT HAND YOU UNDERAGE CUNT

HE ALSO TOOK MONTHS TO RELEASE A WHITE IPHONE 4 DUE TO COLOR INACCURACY.

>Carlos

>test units given to multiple journalists for a week since announcement
>all report between 4.5 and 5 hours of constant use

That isn't correct. I hate to inform you but, some people on Sup Forums scour the entire web for information and don't get their information from Sup Forums.

>apple.slashdot.org/story/16/10/26/2243222/apple-delays-airpods-beyond-original-late-october-window

>its an anonymous comment
>from someone who called them EarPods

>"I know first hand. The battery tech isn't completed. Right now, the prototype EarPods only last 15 minutes. The right EarPod with the controller and button lasts only 10 minutes. These also heat up quite a bit during discharge specifically with phone calls."

>the right EarPod with the controller and button

What?

>Would Jobs have approved shipping an iPhone without headphone jack when the wireless earbuds aren't even close to being ready?

He just wouldn't have had it designed. Period. At all.

Or Bose

15 fucking minutes? I know SONGS that are longer than that.

>let's put an image of the golden ratio to make it look smarter lol

>EarPods originally designed shipped with the iPhone 5, 2012
>EarPods said to be in development for 3 years, 2009
>Apple's first serious attempt at making mass-use headphones better which come bundled with their phone
>thinking Jobs didn't plan on making them wireless later on
>not knowing shit about anything
>not knowing how long Apple's vision for things is

You're lucky its Friday and you get to stay up this late.

t.Smugface

>thinking Apple did it, doing this pseudo-intellectual shit to their own logo

You're a special kind of dumb.

Do you breathe from your mouth or from your nose mainly?

Coming from a guy that never worked for Apple nor has any certs from them. Okay pal. If you think Jobs would have let his company do stupid shit like this, you're wrong.

You're blaming the wrong fucking person. Blame Jonathan Ive. He's the idiot fucking designer who creates all of this stupid shit.

Ask your mother, I slept next to her last night.

>Ask your mother, I slept next to her last night.

fight me bitch

>Coming from a guy that never worked for Apple nor has any certs from them.

Are you so fucking retarded that you can't match fucking dates and see that the EarPods were developed when Jobs was alive?

>Blame Jonathan Ive. He's the idiot fucking designer who creates all of this stupid shit.

You're really trying to break the idiocy world record aren't you? Jony Ive is DESIGNER, he gets TOLD what to make you absolute fucking retard. Its always the dumbest cunts who hate Apple shit because they're literally too dumb to understand what's going on.

The AirPods are the most Steve Jobs thing that Apple has recently announced, that's all you need to know.

Prove it. All you have is some opinionated bullshit. Any sources? Links? Anything NOT from TechnoBuffalo?

>prove Jobs was alive in 2009, PROVE IT
>prove Ive doesn't choose what shit to make by himself

I can't believe what I'm reading. You can't be any older than 15.

How embarrassing. How did they fuck up this bad?

I'm not going to try and claim that this technology is easy but how do you fuck up this badly in making a design change to your main product line that strongly promotes an upcoming product when that product isn't ready yet and you have to delay it?

They were fucking right when they said that wireless is the future. The future isn't the present.

I can't believe what I'm reading. You must be mentally retarded.

Does anyone really even need more than 15 minutes to Music.

If you're listen to music all the time, that can be a dangerous since you're not always paying attention to your surroundings.

What apple is doing it great, people will be able to experience nature more and have conversations with friends and family more often.

>asking me to prove Steve Jobs was alive in 2009
>calling me the retard

What is wrong with you?

0/10 pretend mactard bait post

nice bait m9

>Bluetooth headphones have been a thing for years
>Applel has to delay their shit for 8 months because they can't get to just werk
Applel is a joke.

>implying redesigning a superior, proprietary bluetooth protocol in 8 months isn't an incredible accomplishment.

they've even developed a dongle to support it in that time

>I have no idea what I'm talking about
>- Sup Forums

>key feature not included with product launch
>delayed forever
>stuck using an additional adapter
what an embarrassing launch. If I was an investor I would take the hint.
bullshit
they would have never pulled the jack if they weren't confident that they could push a market ready product sometime

It's just not good for business to announce implementations that are not feasible in the near future

A smaller technical like OP's article sounds more likely

>>HE ALSO TOOK MONTHS TO RELEASE A WHITE IPHONE 4 DUE TO COLOR INACCURACY.
haha I remember that. not only was the yellowing a problem but the camera sensor with reflection off the white surface
>muh white fashion accessory

>don't forget to buy our shitty expensive Beats™ Headphones in the meantime.

I learned lately that working with white plastic on an industrial scale is something only Apple can do properly. Also matching different panels of white, again, tech startups are told to avoid this because its nearly impossible to get right.

Apple is also the only company who know how to hide ejector pin marks completely. In manufacturing techniques, they have the cash to work out any problem eventually.

>>implying redesigning a superior, proprietary bluetooth protocol in 8 months isn't an incredible accomplishment.
But it is taking more than 8 months.
They've probably been working on this for 8 months already.

What the hell is this 'wtf I love X now' and 'wtf I hate Y now' meme?

Jobso was the master of trolling at Apple
wich led to superb troll proof products

now that he is done, nobody at Apple seems to Q&A their shit

SAD!

>this is the state of Apple

Interesting. Thanks for an actual good post.
Do you think their hardware expertise results in quality products or are they chasing looks and proprietary design more than they are durability?

youtube.com/watch?v=s1QKW7gzTIs

>mandatory reboot every day
>shit palm rejection
>touchbar freezes
>outstandingly shitty battery life
>HW killling bug that destroys the speakers (multiple reports about this)
>keyboard
this one hits home... just tested the keyboard IRL and it is a fucking joke. the key travel reminds me of the good old iphone home button. it is THAT short

I think what Apple are doing is trying to perfect any manufacturing technique they choose so they're less limited by what they can make. Their designs are durable. The pre-unibody MacBook Pro had a magnesium rollcage but Apple found the unibody, or exoskeleton to be superior for build quality and strength, which it is.

They are basically trying to design the best functioning product and are always battling against mass production methods. Note they they've recently moved to a MIM hinge for the MacBook Pro line after testing it out in the 12". This is a much more durable piece than the old plastic hinge. They do a lot of custom shit to make things they want, like custom terraced batteries to fit in a wedge shaped machine and fil up the maximum amount of internal space possible. Other companies just don't do that. A lot of laptops still use fucking cell batteries in a plastic housing.

Many other laptops too with an internal battery have the battery as a single block spanning the entire width of the machine. This isn't smart because should the machine suffer any force, the batteries will rupture. Apple puts their batteries in cells along the inner skeleton, never having a massive place with no structural lines. The newest MacBook Pro from what I've seen has some zones designed to bend before others, still under considerable force. Importantly, it makes sure that its near impossible to damage the batteries or the motherboard.

Watch this for an explanation of what I mean.

youtube.com/watch?v=p_jQSHQkepk&t

The fucking mouse is still working, everything is still working minus the display, got to admit that's incredible. I'm aware that it reached terminal velocity long before it hit but still. Also they couldn't test on concrete because they can't drop something like that outside of a helicopter in a city if they don't want to get in serious trouble.

Really though, Jony Ive's industrial design team did well on the design of this thing.

>2 hour batter life on heavy use

>ust tested the keyboard IRL and it is a fucking joke. the key travel reminds me of the good old iphone home button. it is THAT short
kek, they might as well just strapped on an ipad to the bottom for the kb

then it would be even closer to the x86 ipad that it resembles

I laughed

IT IS AMAZING
IT SURVIVES A DROP FROM A PLANE
but it does not survive it's own bootcamp drivers

Eh, I'm personally not a big fan of consolidation of hardware into less modular units while it's still interesting from an engineering and scientific perspective based on all the things you mentioned.

Apple deserves respect for the amount of R&D they put into their hardware. They are a hardware company afterall

It's a shame really that modular electronics are becoming more and more of a specialty item.

y'all slow with the
T H I C C
H
I
C
C

>>test units given to multiple journalists
>t. mactoddler

great post

Facebook or some shit.

Just use your reg headphones with a nice DAC while waiting

>Would Jobs have approved shipping an iPhone without headphone jack when the wireless earbuds aren't even close to being ready?
yeah. he absolutely would have.

do you faggots honestly not remember jobs when he was alive? are you all 4 years old or something? he pushed shit way before it was ready. he was like an autistic kid throwing tantrums all the time. the first generation of pretty much every new thing apple released was dog shit. sometimes it was closer to a concept design than an actual product

WOOOOOOW

>inb4 Bluetooth antenna dongle

>it wraps around the entire phone like those bumpers they sent out to "fix" the drop call issue on the iphone 4

It's funny cuz Sup Forums is in a perpetual struggle between shitting on Apple and sucking Steve Job's necrophilic cock dry of any ectoplasm left

> guise I'm totally not a sheeple
> Jobs was great though

Job would have done this shit and more 10x and anyone who doesn't know that is just blindly appealing to authority. Try thinking for yourselves sometimes.

>Try thinking for yourselves sometimes.

APPLE IS SHIT, SHIT IS APPLE

rly makes u think

Apple is long past that "for rebels" phase.

oh, hi

google: SAVFY Wireless

>that pic
M U H D I C C
U
H

D
I
C
C

Could not give even a modicum of a shit

>15 minutes of playtime
We can safely ignore that as troll comment.

Even the shitty chink ones that you get from amazon/aliexpress can do couple hours on these types of earpods.

How can Apple get away with obviously paid YouTube etc. shills doing """""""Reviews""""""" without paid promotion disclosure?

>HE ALSO TOOK MONTHS TO RELEASE A WHITE IPHONE 4 DUE TO COLOR INACCURACY.
What's wrong with liking perfection?

Wait a sec.I didn't follow all the iphone shitfest.
So apple released a phone with no audio jack but not the wireless headphones at the same time?
LMAO

that doesn't matter. if it's useful for a zealot to think that all apple users are tattooed, to call them sheeple, etc... then they'll stick to that script religiously.

btw this is the same stupid bitch who thinks Windows 7 (old, outdated, shitty and insecure software) is better than Windows 10

The kekest thing is that those earpods cant even noise cancel since they are a very leaky design....

Cute, CUTE!