Windows 10 worth giving a chance?

Let me preface this by saying I don't think one way or another about Windows 10, I'm just here for opinions.

It's become a kind of a meme to blindly hate on Windows 10, people who have never tried it just blurt out "muh spyware and telemetry" because that's just what they heard. I don't care for blind hate myself, and I'd like to hear an objective opinion on Windows 10 with as many facts and as few emotions as possible.

I already alternate between Lubuntu and Windows 7 depending on what it is I'm trying to do, I only ever really use Windows for gaming these days. Microshaft seems to be trying their hardest to get most modern games to be arbitrarily windows 10 exclusive, so I feel like that's where I'm going to have to go eventually anyways. I figure if I'm only using it for gaming, I might as well think of it no differently than the Xbox One or PS4 I own.

What's your take on it, guys?

Tried win10 a month ago, fuck that shit, it rivals MacOS in having the most autistic UI ever created, not to mention it STILL sent data to microdick after I turned off all the spying options, just go win 7. DX12 isn't worth it

besides the tinfoil hats, the main reason to use linux/gnu over windows 10/osx is that it gives the user the ability to customize their own machine. I feel like it just gives more autonomy of choice to the user. Plus if your an IT asshat or an aspiring skiddy it provides a good learning environment since most servers are linux based. (centos, redhat, rehl, ect).

after taking out spyware and app installs it fines
but i just dualboot

Yeah that's what I'm doing now with Windows 7 64 bit and Lubuntu 16.04 LTS 64 bit. Just wondering if its fixed yet because microsoft seems to be backpedaling with a lot of shit. People make memes of their mistakes and don't shut the fuck up about it for years. I still hear shit about Xbox One being always online and backwards compatibility even though neither is relevant anymore. So I was just kind of hoping that Windows 10 might have been fixed by now in a similar way, and that its issues are more of an echo from the cancerous memeing denizens of the internet than real issues. Even now I have no idea if the spyware is addressed or not. Half the people say its not, half the people say it is. I don't if the one half is too retarded to see the data being sent or if the other half is just too retarded to shut it all off properly.

at first it was blind hate, but now it's informed/justified hate

Download classic shell to replace the awful start menu tiles. There are programs which let you disable the spyware features nigga. Just Google win 10 spy disablers

I downloaded a version where all spyware and shit were cut out. Pretty cool thing. 2x faster than win 7

Windows 10 is def worth it.

Don't be like the pajeets who keep shilling their old ass software here all the fucking time

they always come back begging on their knees

Maybe worth trying if you need dpi scaling. Otherwise it's pretty bad. Not worse than 7 or 8, but it has much more severe problems.

dpi scaling isn't exclusive to 10 and works just fine in older versions.

Been using it for a couple of months, it's pretty much the same as win 7 for me.

Is it true that you can turn off the spy shit with the enterprise version?
Also do activators for pirated versions work?

>me before switching to Debian GNU/Linux full time
I fucking hate Windows 10, why the fuck would anyone use Windows 10?
>me after switching to Debian GNU/Linux full time
So you use Windows 10? That's fine, use whatever makes your life easier
>Would I switch back to Windows\ [0-9]* ?
No, Debian GNU/Linux is the best OS I ever had and it made me a happier, less angry person

OP is faggot

Stay with 7 or 8.1
Windows 10 is like these english pies with pork in them. Disgusting and you hate the people who made it.

Is letting a thieve inside your house worth it?

Windows 10 works like a dream on high end hardware. I just built a custom rig over the summer and have blown through countless distros with all ending in the same result: Linux is great, but if you want your hardware to be fully utilized and supported, use Windows10.

Don't let these wannabes fool you, most of them have no idea what GNU and the free software foundation really stand for, they just want something/someone to hate (Windows, Mac, mainstream).

Most if these jabronies are either dual booting or running Linux in a VM, and there's nothing wrong with that. Some of us don't have endless free time available to dick around with your OS just to get it to boot properly.

Oh, and I'll add one more thing.

These same shittards all scream privacy, spyware and the like with Windows yet most use an Android or iPhone and have multiple Gmail addresses, so they're either hypocrites or just totally clueless and retarded.

Do you want to feel like you don't actually own your computer?

I understand the hatred for win 10, I actually have it and have stuck to it because of the type of dev I'm doing. Get a Windows 10 spy disabler, and also use the Linux kernel for Windows so that you can switch to bash anytime. It's not amazing, but non UI stuff works with it.
>nano on win 10
>feelsgood.png