ctrl-f

> ctrl-f
> Guts
> No guts

Let's change that!

Post your builds, get rated, and rate other user's.

Pic related. My first ever build that I just finished. I was doing some wiring work on it today but I finally feel confident about it.

> inb4 MSI a shit

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html
youtube.com/watch?v=InBXu-iY7cw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We same parts now.

That's beautiful user. Nice wiring and we have the same PSU! But why so many HDDs? Data hoarder?

Nice kraken and I love the braided wiring. Where did you get them from?

spilling my guts

New dually build, no more liquid cooling.
Second 980 Ti is on the way.

Because I'm happy with how it turned out.

SO MUCH RED

black and white is 4 plebs
red is where its at

Daily reminder that you're a retard if you buy ATX but only put one video card in there and leave the other expansions slots empty, because you don't need them.

pretty sure server boards don't come in miniATX you punky looking motherfucker

What does the server in the name stand for?
>I need a server at home because reasons
Edgy 1337 haxor faggot.

>being surprised that people on Sup Forums have server/workshop boards instead of some gaymer shit
no wonder these threads die out so fast

>1080ti is almost out
>he buys a second 980ti
whats it like being a fucking retard ?

Going to try and install a bios update that enables LLC, because I was a fool and thought LLC was a standard on all motherboards these days.

What if I have a 360mm radiator, 5 HDDs, 1 SSD, one graphics card, and a sound card ?
Am I a retard because nothing less than ATX will fit my drives, or because I will soon need an add-in SATA/SAS controller since I have run out of SATA ports ?

>3 fans top
>3 fans forward
>no fans bottom
>1 fan behind
reported to the police

3 in, 4 out.

Come at me.

Why is water cooling more commun for CPUs when GPUs run hotter/make more noise?

you have to modify a GPU to add water cooling and that voids the warranty. High end cpu's dont come with coolers so its normal to add any cooler you like.

>he doesn't have all white internals/externals

white supremacy

I'm seeing a new interest in stock liquid-cooled high-end GPUs, I hope it catches on

How old is too old?

Unless the 1080 Ti is priced similarly to the 1070, it's not going to matter. I got the first one for around $60 under market value and the second one for around $125 under market value. I don't pay retail for GPUs.

Why are mATX popular, considering you're only saving maybe an inch or so of space?

Hi, S340 brothers.

How detrimental is gpu sag?

>EVGA
Enjoy your house fire.

Am I cool guys?

>tfw your ram doesn't have leds

Jesus, I just don't understand the attraction behind CLC.

Yes, they can be convenient, but beyond that.....
>They're loud
>They more prone to catastrophic failure
>They're more expensive
>And they're only marginally better than a halfway decent HSF

Mine is 14 y.o.
Intel Pentium4, 2.0GHz, 512 MB RAM, 80GB HDD, ASUS AGP-V7100PRO 64MB GPU, ASUS P4B motherboard.
Two optic drives that doesn't work, and floppy disk drive that still works.

imo get rid of the cable combs, or at least make them look better

You do know that there are leaking capacitors on your motherboard, right?

>what is mATX
>need triple 120 because reasons
>I will soon need an add-in SATA/SAS controller since I have run out of SATA ports

Yes, you're a full-on retard. Use an external enclosure. If you need the SATA bandwidth for all of those drives, then you do shit at home, you aren't supposed to be doing on a home computer, faggot!

>then you do shit at home, you aren't supposed to be doing on a home computer, faggot!
Fuck off.

Triggered that I am right? Oh well...

How bad is that?

Post your computer.

Not my fault you're too stupid to understand people have different uses and needs out of their computers than yours.

It's a fully utilized mini ITX board down to the last motherboard pinout, that's all you need to know.

Not my fault you're into some illegal shit. Nobody needs that much storage space at home, for legitimate purposes period.

>won't post his computer while criticizing other's.
>lol bro that's all you need to know xddd ;P

Also
>lel you're into illegal stuff xddddd
>being a fucking moral fag on Sup Forums out of all the places
>>>/reddit/

Why do you hate expandability? I've been on both sides and frankly mitx was the shittiest.

my most recent guts.

How can I improve?

inb4 people telling me to get a new GPU

I'm talking about more optimal placement of things if possible. Pretend all the hardware in this box meets my needs perfectly and I don't need to change it. How do I optimize better, if at all?

r8 my gatsu

Looks good tbqh fampai

Post speccy?

im pretty content with my guts

op cant inb4
msi a shit
:^)

whats on those drives broski?

I love this build for some reason, what was the purpose? Specs? That doesn't look like a very powerful card and yet it's liquid cooled. Hm...

gorgeous from what I can see.

ayyy sapphire bro

HOH what is going on here?

9/10 "its okay"
-ign

>corsair LED RAM
>corsair closed loop cooler
>that cable comb usage
>pretty much all ASUS and Corsair shit
hey guys look it's every build ever

>guts

Hey guys

Accidentally got a few drops of water on my graphics card, now it is bricked and won't start.

Using a GTX 580 for now as a backup.

Is there anything I can do for my bricked card?

It's a GTX 970 so it is a peice of shit that gave me more trouble than its worth, but getting a better one is going to cost me something like £400.

thanks bruu
sure. never posted a speccy before.

tbqh i expected
>1000W PSU with single GPU
>that fuckhuge cooler
>not using the entire fulltower case
>that retarded GPU support
>RGB LEDs
>AMD products

OC pushed to 4.5 but it almost never actually pushes there, usually when gaymen it's just like 4.0 or 4.1, only p95 actually pushes it to 4.5.

Can't go any higher, such are the woes of a 3-4 year old chip.

Gonna change my radiator fans soon. The one on the right makes noise under load

>amd build
Of course it's a power house. I don't know about 1000 watts though.

>CX
>Visible HDD
>Cables everywhere

user, I....

Well, I was planning on doing a dual vega card build but not sure if two will be necessary. The 480 is actually plenty for what I play but I'm not going to like, just like someone who would buy a 707hp Challenger Hellcat, you may never actually use the horsepower but damn is it nice to know you will never not have enough. That's where I'm coming from.

Plus apparently PSUs will run most efficiently at ~50-60% utilization so I guess I can justify it that way. Figure I'm probably at about 3-500 watts at any given time. Also I just wanted a platinum PSU since my previous CX750M always seemed to run pretty hot and I liked the idea of a really efficient PSU. Was actually going to get a T2 but Microcenter didn't have a 1000 T2 and the P2 was on sale.

B-but the PSU hasnt failed on me yet, i plan on changing it if it fails on me

Its good for the gtx 1080..

>Its good for the gtx 1080..
No it's not. CX are never good.

Enjoy having to replace your whole computer.

Is there a rule when buying the PSU?
I always get what's cheaper.

But its been good for 3 years...

You don't understand.

If your psu fails (and believe me it will) it will take out all that is connected to it with him.

If it lasts me another 2 years... im solid

also speccy, ignore the mobo temps, speccy for some reason shows me these temps.. in bios its 20-40

How often should you upgrade?
And how long until you need to replace everything?

>My first ever build that I just finished. I was doing some wiring work on it today but I finally feel confident about it
So are you going to show this computer like a poodle at crufts? hehehehe
picture related
Y M C A

tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

This is all placebo.

youtube.com/watch?v=InBXu-iY7cw

LOVE THESE FAG THREADS

When the things I use don't supplement my standards and my budget allows. If there's no need to upgrade don't upgrade.

Kinda wish I went with a smaller form factor, might put like some sort of statue or figure on the right side.

THE SAG

REEEEEEE

So every 3-4 years?
And a complete replace every 7-8 years?

That actually sounds about right to me

I know. I don't have a good solution. Tied some thread that holds it up at the moment.

hello

Your fan setup is shit, lol.

>5 fans
for what purpose

chernobyl reporting in

fun

I like the heaven and hell theme you've got going. Religion combined with tech is the best!

Well Sup Forums, I'm finally at a point where I feel comfortable posting my guts in here. Needs a bit more work (needs some more red, right now it looks like the red is in the build unintentionally) and another intake fan either on the bottom or above the front rad if I can squeeze it in. Might paint the PCIe slot covers red as the white sticks out big time. When I stop being lazy I'll swap out that rear fan for a black one, but eh.

How much did this cost you?

Get a Cooler Master GPU bolster like mine.
Found it at Microcenter, was like 15 bucks I think. All metal, magnetic base, and can do 2 GPUs.

My friend had my other friend 3D print him a roman column with white material to hold up his 1070. Was pretty nifty actually.

I fucking love both of yours green liquid it's just so cool. I miss UV-heavy builds so much.

i5-4670K @ 4.2Ghz, 16Gig DDR3 CL8, Soundblaster Zx, R9 290 TriX, 2 SSDs and a HDD Raid 1. Waiting for AMD Vega

literally impossible to make tidy

gutsu desu

Where are my Evolv Itx bros at

waiting for kaby lake and zen, then I'll pull the upgrade trigger.

X99 has like 5 mATX models and at least one ITX

It's not just the motherboard that makes it smaller, it's case makers specifically going for small builds, it happens more on mATX. The reason ATX cases are huge is more from the tower cooler clearance and 48 HDD bays

>They're loud
>They more prone to catastrophic failure
>They're more expensive
>And they're only marginally better than a halfway decent HSF
Hardly. Maybe the original models from 10 years ago, but anything from the last 3 or so years are really good. Pumps are silent and any sound is reliant on what fans you stick to them. Failure is not an option either. They're made well provided you're not intentionally fucking with the tubes.

All of them come from one of two companies so no matter what you get, it's going to be more or less the same.

Threads like this make me wish I had money

I have an EVGA Supernova G2 850w Gold+

How good am I?

You're set famalam