When will cpu become hot-swappable? its already 2016

When will cpu become hot-swappable? its already 2016

Other urls found in this thread:

liza.io/building-adam/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

slay yourself

When they don't run at 60 °

for what porpoise?

Probably around the same time the power supply is hot swappable.

Now that is one ugly whore.

liza.io/building-adam/

Seems like you already tried that with your brain

thats a man

been possible with servers for a long while now

>those knees
>those knuckles
man confirmed

they already are in high-end server/mainframe platforms where it's actually useful like RHEL/SLES, Solaris, AIX and z/OS

They have had hot add support for a while

MULTICS Anyone?

This only makes my penis harder

My second day on the job as a sysadmin for Stanley Tools had me waiting around until about 8:30 PM for an HP service tech to show up and hot-swap a failed CPU in my HP9000 server. I was 23 and that was the first thing I had seen other than PCs, Sun pizza boxes, and VAXes. Blew my mind...

Also in IOS, almost all multi-slot chassis support running supervisor cards in a hot-standby configuration.

>omg you guys stop giving me attention
>builds PC in short night gown

In multi socket systems this has been a thing for a while,

what about hot-swappable sockets too because soon there will be no more 1150

>Hey user want to come to my home for cofee and help me put together my new pc?
what do

stomp her head in

>she bought an optical drive

>optical drive
>Stock cooler
>moms spaghetti
I wouldn't let her touch the air sorounding me

>When will cpu become hot-swappable?
I've worked on mainframes where CPUs can be fenced off and powered down while the jobstream keeps going. They've been around since the early '80s, at least.

I love building PCs. I'd do it for free, but if I can get a coffee for the trouble that's just a nice bonus.

holy fuck op is literally a fag and rekt

When will we just have USB CPUs?

y-you too...

When they invent a serial bus that's fast enough to carry about 100 gigs per second

>it will be 200 dollars and no warranty

>2011
>REEE OPTICAL DRIVE
faggots

Literally never.

>GTX 580
>Western Digital
>no SSD
>stock cooler
>gayming ram
>SLI MOBO and 1 GPU

kill me.

Servers already support it for a decade, wtf faggot

see

Yeah, with multiple PSUs in a rack.

>sorry, I don't drink coffee

She looks like she's gonna drug me when we get home, then i'd wake up naked and tied up to a chair and she'd be in front of me wearing a raincoat and wielding a big ass machete.

>T-t-thankkks
>taps hands on knees
>awkwardly glances in other direction

what.

I didn't have an optical drive since 2009.

I would have settled for coffee but that sounds even better

Still have several, you're just a meme faggot who falls for everything

Why would I need an optical drive when I can install an OS from USB and download software?

I chose a laptop without optical drive in 2009 because I didn't want the extra weight.

CDs/DVDs have a lifespan of anywhere between 5 and 15 years so enjoy your cucked storage media, cuck.

but laptop optical drive is lighter than hdd/ssd

i am pretty sure than there are people here that still have working windows 98 cds

I thought we banned John Oliver from posting.

>CDs/DVDs have a lifespan of anywhere between 5 and 15 years so enjoy your cucked storage media, cuck.
I have CD's from '92 that work just perfectly fine, go take a shit, you're full of crap, like I said, you follow memes and believe everything you hear

Making and retrieving backups. M-Discs are probably the best backup option out there if you're worried about long term backups.
>cheap/GB
>available as CD, DVD or Blu-ray
>last at least 100 years even when unused
>safe from malware
You don't need to have an internal one, I have an external USB optical drive. You don't even have to use M-Discs if you think they're expensive, regular optical media lasts at least 10 years and is cheap as fuck.

What could you possibly use today that is from '92? You're the one who's full of shit you lying faggot.

30 years is the maximum possible. Think of a bell curve. Some will last 30, some 5, most will be in the 10 to 25 year range.

And when I say deteriorate, that doesn't mean the CD won't read, it probably will, it just won't have all data on them.

yeah the chink shit media you get at Worst Buy for a huge markup degrades in ten years or so. Get archival discs and they'll last several decades.

>And when I say deteriorate, that doesn't mean the CD won't read, it probably will, it just won't have all data on them.
incorporating checksumming and redundancy into data to cope with bit rot has been a solved problem for years now. We even have filesystems with that shit built in.

she is a lovely young lady, any straight man would be proud to have her

>What could you possibly use today that is from '92? You're the one who's full of shit you lying faggot.
Holy shit, you can't even read english, it was about how long discs last, faggot.
Also they are audio CDs, pretty useful no matter the year.

Stop making shit up, you have no source on that, give me actual scientific research instead of a yahoo questions page or someone blog

What point is there to hot swaping a CPU? You act as if one is going to do something different. You get one that is good and let it be.

Besides hotswapping HDD still has issues. My PC case has a hotswap bay and if I pull a drive and put in a different one with the OS on it cannot detect it plug n play. So it has literally no use to me.

Run ESXi and try again

Werent pentium 2 xeons capable of hot swapping if you had more than one?

Yeah this sort of thing was already going on back in the Slot 2 Xeon days. And I think some Pentium Pro systems. Though it was really hairy and required the mobo maker to implement a bunch of custom logic to support it, in addition to modifying whatever OS was to run on the thing. I think it was mainly the quad-CPU systems that bothered to support this.

t. no chin

wtf, that hard drive looks big

Perspective distortion due to a wide-angle lens. Ever seen a super-wide-angle shot of someone holding something up to the camera? And the object and their hand looks larger than their head? Same principle. It's just less dramatic and less obvious in this pic.

I came to this thread to ridicule OP and I was the one made a fool. Well played.

>liza.io/building-adam/
she's cute.

6 hours to build. ouch.but hell. good for her at least she built her own shit and is hapy

Well damn. At least she was prepared !

i keep my screwdriver in one box
including all other tools

This is proof she's not a girl with a benis.
girls with benis are good with computers.

I can tell solely from looking at her shoulders, hairline, and bones

Girls with penises look a lot like men for some reason...

only if i get the pucc

How can anyone live with just 4 ram slots

it's already the case.

pic

those legs tho

>what are static discharges

Why should they be? No one needs to hot swap a processor.