Why are AMD employees so immature?

why are AMD employees so immature?

lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dri-devel/2016-December/126684.html

how is this a serious company? sounds like a salty garage startup.

Other urls found in this thread:

motherfuckingwebsite.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

tldr please

Can you read? the only person being unreasonable here is the kernel maintainer.

The AMD employee was being completely reasonable.

AMD wrote a hybrid driver that was windows first and didn't met the linux guidelines, got rejected. 8 or so months go into the trash, amd employee gets mad.

>bbut we wuz poor and shit, we don't have the resources, fuck you linux.

>AMD develops a hardware abstraction layer for Linux so they can share core driver components between Linux and Windows
>Kernel maintainer spergs out

>finds a clickbaity article that bash on amd
>doesnt read that the kernel maint doesnt want amd to bring the code into the kernel because its going to give them more job to do
>meanwhile they do it for android that has even more lines of code and its a fucking mess
>post it on Sup Forums
>thinks he is going to bash amd
>doesnt realise he is actually helping to see that amd is the good guy

epic thread

tried to bash amd
doesnt realise he is actually shilling for them
op killed his thread faster than aika can make me cum

>Write driver for Linux
>Don't follow Linux guidelines
lol AMD is finished and bankrupt

Seems like I will continue to use Windows for the foreseeable future. Thanks, kernel developers!

Great, so is amdgpu dead now? we finally get a good driver and spergs kill it off.
Fuck this.

No, it just won't be integrated into the Linux kernel anytime soon.

I know who Alexander Deucher is and what kind of work he does. I can't say I know him but I have talked to him quite a few times on IRC, forums and mailing-lists over many, many years.

He is the kind of guy you can give a detailed bug report to and he'll put out a paste with a patch you can try and if that doesn't work and he'll give you another one.

I don't think he is immature in that e-mail but I do think he's doing it wrong. He clearly got upset but tried to write a civilized response - and he ended up focusing on the non-technical side of things when doing so.

The trick he should be using is to ignore personal/political/SJW crap and only focus on the technical side of things.

The AMD driver guys know they can't write a perfect driver in time. They probably expected this response and submitted their code anyway so that they could complain about android getting special treatment.

How is the maintainer unreasonable for rejecting 90 KLOC of unmaintainable code?

So why does android get a free pass?

> kernel community makes a API not very reflective of how modern hardware works (DRM)
> Linux desktop marketshare is pitiful
> the only vendor with competitively powerful hardware and an open-source effort wants to leverage driver/testing code from private Windows stuff that actually maps to HW via HAL/middle layer
> kernel maintainers throw tantrum because they know they'll have to deal with obtuse HAL forever because of their broken API
> vendor gets butthurt
> nothing gets mainlined until like 3 years after it would have been useful for consumers

just another day in Linuxland, folks, nothing to see here.

Lincucks are pathetic AND dumb..

Is this real? He sounds like a resentfull asshole giving poor excuses forma his shitty code.

>SJW crap
Dafuq? There's no SJW crap in this at all. You're the only one who seems to think there is. Stop seeing your personal bogeyman in everything.

oh well. Linux; always behind.
Just means that linux and it's distros will remain the reviver of shitty old laptops and school projects

not overdesigning shit so it doesnt eat your internet and fucking runs even in internet explorer 1.0 pre-alpha.looks good to me desu.

motherfuckingwebsite.com/

You seem to be in the wrong thread.

That's why Linux sucks! The Linux community is a hotbed of assholes!

lmao this dave guy is a total sperg

This, he basically admits that corporate culture means being forced to put out shitty code to catch up with deadlines and markets, while justifying it.

Both Dave and Alex have been writing AMD drivers for like a decade now and know each other for a long time. This is just a small argument. The code won't be rejected, but will need some restructuring on the Windows side of things too.