>don't buy AMD
>don't buy Nvidia
>don't buy ASUS
>don't buy Samsung
>don't buy MSI
>don't buy EVGA
>don't buy Sapphire

Why is it so difficult to build a PC?

At this point, I'd rather just buy a PS4 since it just works at 4k out of the box.

Other urls found in this thread:

asus.com/us/Motherboards/MAXIMUS-VIII-IMPACT/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Buy whatever you want, this isn't the best place to look for advice.

read the sticky and go away
Sup Forums is full of retards

>ps4
>4k
Hahaha
Go back to Sup Forums kid, a monkey could build a PC.

There will always be two sides to every argument, just buy whatever the fuck you want.

>2016 Anno Domini
>listening to Sup Forums

buy whatever is the best bang for your buck famalam

>PS4
>4k

It's upscaled 4K

Sup Forums stopped being good back in 2009 when the majority started saying "graphics don't matter, muh gaymplay." They got massively butthurt when in 2011 skyrim came out with less graphic capabilities than Crysis 2007. So don't fucking listen to their dumb fucking nigger cawwamountaindewty loving asses. You can build a gaming PC that can actually do 4k for the same price as a ps4. A gtx 780ti is now down to $150 on ebay. The rest can be a miniatx style build, and you would wreck a ps4 for around $300.

>780ti

I wouldn't touch a 780ti over a 290x this day and age.

>graphics don't matter, muh gaymplay
They're right though.

>Dual GPU over single
>AMD shitstorm over Nvidia paradise

No you're completely wrong, it's cheaper to make a game with good graphics than it us to make a shitty cartoon game. There are millions of free and purchaseable realistic assets, but few and far between cartoony or stylized assets. This is why it takes 8 years for a new Zelda and 1 year for a new battlefield. You end up spending only a tiny fraction of the money you would spend on the asset development of a cartoon shit graphics game. It's also way quicker because the majority of your workflow is procedural. If you really want to focus on gameplay you have to cut your workflow time in half and go photorealistic.

literally all those brands are fine
well samsung is fucking up lately, so maybe hold off

Step One: Visit logicalincrements.com
Step Two: Stop listening to Sup Forums. Why would you do that in the first place?

>Sup Forums says:
>>don't buy AMD
>>don't buy Nvidia
Sup Forums says buy nvidia you failed troll.

...You do realise a 290x is a single die gpu like 99% of all gpus made right?

Buy Corsairâ„¢. It Just Works.

>everything is imperfect plastic shit

welcome to capitalism just pick the least shit thing you can find

Current consoles cant do 4k
But, for the gaming experience they give, theyre pretty good

Buy whatever the fuck you want homie, wether thats the ultimate "xxxtreme PRO 1337 gaymer experience (tm)" or just a budget machine to get 1080p csgo, s'all good

>PS4
>4K
wew lawd

>listening to Sup Forums
All of those brands are fine.

Speak for yourself.

290x
dual gpu
290x a chip made on 2011 rebranded 3 times so far and its shitting on maxwell all over the place is a "shitstorm"

The 290x was released in 2013 and has only been rebranded once.

>listening to Sup Forums

Just don't. All you need to do is reading reviews, comparing them and buying whatever suits your needs. The manufacturer doesn't really change anything other than how easy stuff like getting a broken product replaced, etc is. Even manufacturers known for making low quality products release something good one in a while.

Also
>ps4
>4k
It's upscaled 4K. An underclocked 470 cannot run recent games at 4K.

a 290/x is a full gcn 1.0 with the only addition the fully programmable ace engines..other than that its identical to a 7970ghz..

No, its not. The hawaii chip is GCN 1.1 (or to use AMD's internal numbering, GCN 2). It has other features that Tahiti lacks.

Just get a intel 7700k
64GiB ram
Titan X(P)
1500W Platinum PSU

99% was on the firmware with the being the all around improve effiecency of the chip which came from the new ace engines...

There is a difference between games like Zelda and Battlefield. Zelda games are all about creativity, they have to make everything from scratch, when on battlefield you can re-use many assets from previously games, this and the fact you just need to copy things that already exists. That's why creative games always takes longer to be developed in comparison to realistic ones.

alright memes aside, amd is good just runs hot,nvidia is good runs cool but kinda overpriced,asus is great but has terrible customer support,samsung is ok,msi is pretty decent never had trouble with same goes for evga and sapphire. Just don't get asrock or any unknown company.

>Dual GPU over single
The 290X is just a single Hawaii GPU, numbnuts. That's the 295X2 you're thinking of.

>other than that its identical to a 7970ghz
No it's not. The 7907GHz was rebranded as the R9 280/X (and no, the R9 380/X is not a rebrand of that - it's a rebrand of the R9 285). The R9 290/X debuted with a slightly altered GCN "1.1" architecture.

Anyone saying "don't buy X" is just being a fanboy of whatever other brand there is for that type product.

But with that being said, don't buy Apple...

i5 6600K, Coolermaster 212, 16 GB Corsair RAM, Gigabyte Z170 motherboard, GTX 1070 of your choice and a sufficient PSU/SSD/HDD/case, enjoy your generic gayman build

>listening to Sup Forums (Sup Forums 2.0)
Also
>PS4
>4K at all the times without blurry graphics
Pick one.

>generic gayman build
You say that like it's a bad thing

Listening to anything consumer Sup Forumseneral says

Just build the Sup Forumseneric computer of 2016 and be done with it:
>cheapest i5-6***
>cheapest RX480/GTX1060
>cheapest seasonic PSU
Avoid AsRock motherboards and, for the rest of the parts, brands don't really matter.

The days of quadcores are numbered though.

It's not, but people are acting like there is a science to this and weeks of hard decisions are required when building a capable gaming machine actually has never been easier unless you're on a really tight budget.

Even Kaby Lake isn't going to give consumers (ie anything below X99) more than 4 cores though.

>wtf I love AMD now, MOAR COARS

>Amd
Buy, driver support is superb. Power efficiency not so much, you can blame the memory bus on their cards for that.
>Nvidia
Dont buy. Their products dont last long, generally speaking. Drivers have been fucking up recently.
>Asus
Overpriced but good.
>Samsung
Ssds are great.
>Msi
Decent stuff, pretty reliable.
>Evga
Best manufacturer for Nvidia products, minus the whole Vrm shit that happened recently.
>Sapphire
Great products, really only rivaled by XFX.

If zen can squeeze Intel to drop prices even if you despise AMD thats a win for consumers. I personally suspect if a 6c/12t zen chip exists it will be the chip to buy for high performance vs cost, effectively replacing the i5 range in this regard.

That said word is zen is 4c modules so it will either be 4 or 8 cores (and double that in threads due to SMT).

>AMD
>driver support us superb
>Nvidia drivers fucking up lately
I still cant believe this is real. They actually improved some.DX11 games performance with the new crimson drivers

Since our man Raja took over the gpu side of AMD has been doing really well as an end user. Drivers improving performance all the time and the new ReLive driver is all kinds of awesome - it installs faster than previous drivers, the UI loads that bit faster and that is nothing to say of the featureset it brought which brings it upto par (and in some cases, surpasses) Nvidia's offerings.

This

Go lurk Tom's Hardware for a week or two. Start by searching for their best nvidia or amd building in your price range then do more research on the parts in those lists.

>heir products dont last long, generally speaking. Drivers have been fucking up recently.
Where the fuck are these lies coming from? Nvidia's drivers have been frequent and on point, more than what could be said of Radeon even with their focus on driver optimizations. The only reason why AMDrones on Sup Forums praised AMD GPUs for "longevity" is because AMD cards are so poorly optimized out of the gate that the performance that those cards should have been getting is magnitudes better than they are at launch. And instead of blaming AMD for their shitty day one driver support and optimization, they praise AMD for doing what they should have done months ago.
Meanwhile, Nvidia cards enjoy much better performance consistently.

Not him, but nvidia drivers have been on a downward trend recently.

Not much optimization increases, and quite a few bugs have been seen (see: the memory clock bug affecting lots of pascal users in the past few weeks).

poorfag detected

>Why is it so difficult to build a PC?
Build? All you do is assemble a bunch of pre-assembled standardized parts like a 7-year old playing with Lego.
The Lego kid probably has more scope for originality, too.

Uh you can build it all with gigabyte and Silverstone

>dont buy sapphire
>literally the go-to company for AMD shit

Just buy some random stuff and chime in.
Here's a template:

So can we all just agree that [product I use] is superior to [product I do not use] in every single way?

[product I do not use] fags on suicide watch! OMFG how can those fags even use that [bloated/cheap/expensive/slow/fast] piece of shit hardware? LMAO"

>shit tier
what I don't use

Can you say if gigabyte is good I need a motherboard

Yeah, it's tough buying things when you can't think for yourself and can only buy what someone else tells you. If you're that fucking stupid and need to be spoon-fed then just buy whatever Linus spouts from his mouth in chronology order and be done with it.

I have a Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H and I'm very satisfied with it, good audio (Realtek 1150+Toslinkcable+midrange speakers sounds amazing, beats most sound cards under a hudnred bucks), overclockability and not lacking any features I'd want. I'm assuming the current Ultra Durable line isn't any worse, at least in full ATX.

>Nvidia
Never had problems
>EVGA
Never had problems

Stop listening to Sup Forums's special snowflake posters.

I was thinking giga for the sound and stuff but then I saw the Asus maximus viii literally has a built in soundcard, like the ones you normally need to plug in the pcie slot (this is for mini itx)

It's $200 open box so huge for a motherboard but tempting, I don't know if maybe damaged since open box too

Gigabyte is really reliable actually. Their higher end stuff is kinda meh though.

Dont go for open box motherboards ever. Plus all on motherboard dacs suck compared to external ones. Dont buy a motherboard because it advertises having a good integrated dac.

I was going to get the gaming one to oc my 6700k, I don't need two Ethernet and two HDMI on my Mobo anyways

EVGA IS THE SHIT. fuck asus

asus.com/us/Motherboards/MAXIMUS-VIII-IMPACT/

Look at that fucking audio card on it though

buy hp
buy expensive-end dell
buy acer if it isnt cheap or else it'll be plastic

PCs usually built by monkeys anyway :-)

>Sup Forums says
Kek

Just looks at reviews and specs and buy what you feel you would need and remember the most expensive part is not always the best part

Don't go open box for mobos nigga

>AMD driver superb
AMD/ATI has always had shit drivers. If you go read the change logs and 'known issues' for AMD vs NVIDIA, you'll see it. If you try Crossfire or Eyefinity, or essentially anything out of the ordinary you will encounter problems.

>Sapphire
Sure great products, but you ignore the entire reason for picking one OEM over another - after-purchase support, warranty, and RMA service. Sapphire is pure shit for those things, especially compared to EVGA which is the only video card MFR with halfway-acceptable support.

Any specific other than limited warranty?

ASUS has been on a downward trend lately and their products are pretty lackluster and suffer from various hardware faults.

I guess I wouldn't even want a new Asus Mobo then