/wt/ watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch.

Required viewing for newbies:
youtu.be/508-rmdY4jQ

Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.nl/itm/VINTAGE-Seiko-4823-8130-NOS-condition/122264085101
aliexpress.com/item/JECKSION-2016-Casual-Leather-Stainless-Steel-Mechanical-Watch-Skeleton-Watches-Men-Luxury-Brand-Dress-Wristwatches-For/32611354492.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_4_10065_10068_10084_10083_10080_10082_10081_10060_10061_10062_10056_10055_10054_10059_10099_10078_10079_426_10073_10103_10102_10096_10052_10050_10051,searchweb201603_8&btsid=c60fed6b-fb52-45f9-a547-2568b820a696
aliexpress.com/item/op-got-chinked/32686472508.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

When are you going to buy a Habring?

gonna go try on a 'mos today

You're fucked in the brain.

So I have (or had) the following watches:

Steinhart Ocean One
Seiko SKX007
Seiko SARB033
Seiko SDGM003
Citizen Ecomeme chrono
Terrorist Casio

What should I buy next? Thinking Sarb017, but I dunno.

Shilling for seagull now.

This is a great sub homage.

Set your sights on something nice, that stays in the collection and isn't just a fad.

I've only kept my SDGM003 and Steinhart Ocean one. Really love those.

Doesn't look like a sub homage.

ebay.nl/itm/VINTAGE-Seiko-4823-8130-NOS-condition/122264085101
For the penis quartz hunters

This.
It's no Chris Ward trident, that's for sure.

Is it worth it to pay 200$ for a good fake Bauhaus Design watch? I ordered a fake Nomos Tangente (5$) for testing. I even like the Tisell more than Nomos because of the big second hand.

Lots of people are saying it is a sub homage in that watchuseek forum you post in, nabiul

A coupon from a site that mods Amphibia.

Opinions?

he said it was a sub homage

how is that 'fake' bauhaus?

Ironically, apparently.
See

I love painted plastic

nice sub homage

> quickset is broken
Am I reading this right? How in the world do you deal with a day/date with no quickset?

Save up for a next tier watch... Maybe a Tudor or something.

China mail is slow so I will get it in a few weeks.

Anyone happen to know what watch this is?

If you guys use watches because you still appreciate their ineguity and sense some classic appeal in them, do you also use fountain pens? Can this be /wuwt/, writing-utensils and watches thread?

I use fountain pens, but mostly just because I like how they feel to use a lot more than regular pens. Some "ultra fine" regular pens are okay too, but don't really cut it.

While some of us do use fountain pens, they are not related. I wouldn't clump them together. Haven't used my pens in a while, should probably sell some.

Writing with a fresh fountain pen, even a chinese like jinhao feels godly compared to a ball point.

I just felt that both watches and fountain pens somehow fall in the same category of really nice stuff that's being overshadowed by modern more utilitarian inventions.

From my experience, Jinhao aren't that great.

They can both fall under that category, but they wouldn't make a great thread combined. Just too much going on.

German engineering at its finest.

I use a fountain pen. I have two Lamy Allstars.

What's that pen?

I got a parker 45, parker 25, some unknown chinese pen, a Hero 619 and a jinhao x750 friends bought me for B-day so I could stick a zebra g nib in it. I use the 619 for writing in uni. It still works like a charm despite the fact that me and my friend found it on the flea market where the guy probably found it dumpster diving.

That is a great pen. And I like the watch as well... German engineering is great.

Lamy 2000. I had two that I used in University along with a Lamy Studio.

Chink pens are really hit or miss at that price point. Also, Baoer > Jinhao. I still use Jinhao ink cartirges though.

I was just about to post that
>From my experience, Jinhao aren't that great.
You need to clean them properly
The good ones can write better than most $100+ pens

The one time I tried to insert a cartridge I fucked it up and all the ink spilled out onto the table and my clothes. I use a Lamy safari rollerball if I need a pen that will always work while still feeling great to use.

>Steinncuck
>german engineering

Since I stuck a calligraphy nib for dip pens in it it tries to pull more ink than the feed can supply if it isn't freshly cleaned and it looks like its due for another cleaning soon enough. It looks like it also causes the ink to dry more quickly somehow.

From a clip later I could make out that it's a seiko. Not sure about the model though.

Have one, pain to use and the case scratches easily and uglyly.

>Since I stuck a calligraphy nib for dip pens in it it tries to pull more ink than the feed can supply if it isn't freshly cleaned and it looks like its due for another cleaning soon enough. It looks like it also causes the ink to dry more quickly somehow.
Well no fucking shit
Dip pens work with a reservoir, not a feeder system like fountain pens.
Just stick an italic nib on it if you want to write like a faggot.

>May wears a Seiko
Based

I mostly use it to screw around. Also, while the ink is still flowy I can just push it out of the converter a bit and and it can go on. Sadly my handwriting is and will be shit.

He wears a lot of stuff

Well Clarkson was always wearing a seamaster or PO, Hammond usually a speedy and I think a T-touch, so May is really the only one to switch it up.
It's even worse in TGT
Clarkson is wearing some shitty PVD IWC with 300 bracelets
Hammond is wearing a sub
no clue what may is wearing

May wears a lot of Rado watches

Got you.

Of all the times when there's his wrist in shot. You chose THAT moment.

Well done pleb. Well done.

Sub homage coming through

I decided to bring these 2 on holiday with me for a bit of variety.

Christopher Ward doesn't fucking count as an English independant watchmaker.

When they're $50.
Even if I was rich as fuck there are dozens of other watches I'd rather get for that money.
They sure are neat though.

I did the same thing, when I was in Turkey I mostly had an Amphibia but switched to my F-91W when going to the shitty pickpockety areas.

>when going to the shitty pickpockety areas.
So, basically the whole country?

>make a show to shill watches
>even though it's clear the watch is being shilled, it's not possible to identify the make and model

Just ordered this watch today, how did i do?

I mean, you could have done worse I guess. Any chance of a refund?

Very poorly.

What's wrong with this?

It's most likely made of a really soft metal that's been plated and the movement inside is probably defective. You'll be lucky if it works at all and even then it will probably only have a 12 hour power reserve.

this just in:

Tisell switched from using SuperLuminova C1 to BWG9

definitely an improvement

You do the 9-1 shuffle

the B640 is better

What?

And: how many women do you know?

The face is excessively excessive.

That is one of the tidier designs with GMT hand.

It was mentioned in an earlier thread, you can change the colours of the decorations, here shown in red, depending on your mood. Cool if you have a 12 year old daughter/niece/etc.

Well i doubt it is that bad even though i got it only for like 80 bucks

Paid way too much.

Bastard clone of the communist Tongji movement. I serviced one of these recently, the third wheel cut outs were visibly off center.

>$80
>for a chink skeleton
Holy kek, end the pain and hang yourself already, you're literally incapable of living.

>i got it only for like 80 bucks
>80 bucks

aliexpress.com/item/JECKSION-2016-Casual-Leather-Stainless-Steel-Mechanical-Watch-Skeleton-Watches-Men-Luxury-Brand-Dress-Wristwatches-For/32611354492.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_4_10065_10068_10084_10083_10080_10082_10081_10060_10061_10062_10056_10055_10054_10059_10099_10078_10079_426_10073_10103_10102_10096_10052_10050_10051,searchweb201603_8&btsid=c60fed6b-fb52-45f9-a547-2568b820a696

OP on suicide watch

I underbid your offer:

aliexpress.com/item/op-got-chinked/32686472508.html

OP got chinked by a factor of 10. wew

Better check with us first, bro. Can you cancel it?

These ones are guaranteed to be made using defective movement's.

OP overpaid, but he might've lucked out if the chinks decided to have mercy and give him a working one.

>buying pic three times at once
Seriously anyone who buys this, or even obtains it for free should be killed on the spot, no trial.

thats actually pretty cool

What are your thoughts on jump hour watches? Seem pretty cool desu

>>OP overpaid, but he might've lucked out if the chinks decided to have mercy and give him a working one.

True, lets hope he got a good one, that might happen.

That watch looks cool, very 80s or futuristic 70s

Just watch out for Forellis with that thing on your wrist.

>Forellis
What is that?

Ya screwin me you sindaco clown? I'll whack ya.

Is this some Sup Forums meme? You children should keep that to your containment board.

>gta SA came out 12 years ago
>still remember that crap like it's yesterday

My posts were out of place, but I only now se by how much.

Yeah, even filthy clanners know /tg/ memes are superior.

Standing of Maurice Lacroix?

They're fine

Their high end stuff has some interest

are squale good?

no

It's pronounced: Squaaaaaaaaaaaale. There are better sub homages out there.

Pure Class

They are absolute donkeys.

no its skuwaaaaale