Tell me why I should fall for overpriced semitic battery replacements when I could just replace the cells in my battery...

Tell me why I should fall for overpriced semitic battery replacements when I could just replace the cells in my battery myself?

Other urls found in this thread:

liionwholesale.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

[picture_of_3rd_degree_burn_and_acid_accident.exe]

Because they're glued shut and are a bitch to replace.

Depends on howmuch you know about batterys.
>allot and has some gear
Do it yourself.
>little/a little no way to test amps and stuff
Don't even try for now, it might go up in literal flames.

some of them have firmware in their controllers that gets in the way of this sort of thing. e.g. it keeps track of battery degradation and refuses to charge beyond what it thinks is the maximum the cells can take. Then you re-cell the battery, but it doesn't know that, so it refuses to charge, thinking it has the old, dead cells in it.

Op is a faggot and has a death wish

Just cut them out with a knife or pry them from each other with a screwdriver and a hammer.

make sure to have a camera set up

convenience, just buy the new battery pack, unbox & plug in, done

I don't think it's a good idea to only replace 2 cells. Replace them all or you can have issues, can possibly over-discharge the older cells and cause a housefire. 18650's are serious business

obviously you've never open one up. it is pretty much impossible to open them up without completely destroying it. source: I open these packs regularly to harvest good cells

>it is pretty much impossible to open them up without completely destroying it.

Just use a screwdriver ans hammer it into it carefully all around it. It will give a jagged edge that is easy to glue.

and what about the glue that holds cells to the plastic case?

Just use the screwdriver and hammer combo to pry them from eachother.

you've never ruptured a cell doing that?

Im a ghost.

Don't forget to use Panasonic 18650s. If you don't go for the highest energy density available, you're a cuck.

You need the semitic batteries because there is already too much antisemitism in the world

Never attempted something like that, but should be safe with a bit of practice I assume.

depends on the adhesive i'd guess. if it's the super hard epoxy stuff, you could end up like

I think you might end up as a ghost anyway. I wasn't serious. Wacking a screwdriver into a battery is stupid.

Because some people's time is worth more than the extra cost of just buying a battery. What's your payscale?

i'll have you know, I earn 20 good boy points per week for doing my chores

Enjoy your cell explosion and eternal bleeding

Try it. Tell us what happened.
Then I'll charge you to fix it.

(Don't worry, you won't hurt yourself or make anything go up in flames. But it won't work either.)

>mixing different brands/models of 18650 in series or parallel

Enjoy your house fire.

>some of them have firmware in their controllers that gets in the way of this sort of thing. e.g. it keeps track of battery degradation and refuses to charge beyond what it thinks is the maximum the cells can take. Then you re-cell the battery, but it doesn't know that, so it refuses to charge, thinking it has the old, dead cells in it.
They all do. But it goes way beyond that. I want to see how many tries it takes him to get past the 'any attempt at modification will blow the safety fuses'. Oh, and you can only get those fuses from Chinese sellers.

how about killing yourself

If you know what you are doing you shouldn't worry, if you don't, don't.

That being said, these batteries are used very often in vaping, google mooch's battery tests (I think it's on reddit), he tests all batteries to their proclaimed amp draw and mAh, also liionwholesale.com/ for cheap purchases in bulk.

Isn't that he is trying to do?

>Isn't that he is trying to do?
preferably fire bursts on his legs

a technology board scared of manually changing batteries

ha ha

My feelings exactly, for all others lurking and thinking about how to do this themselves.

This is all I ever saw when crawling through forums. Trying to find best practices for rebuilding ancient battery packs always netted the same responses. "You'll die", "you'll burn your house down", "you're an idiot for wanting to try". Faggots, the lot of them.

Only moderately experienced in electronics repair, I was able to open and rebuild a 12 cell pack. It didn't look pretty, but holy shit it worked. Trying to make it prettier some time afterwards only killed the internal board. No housefires, no explosions.

While you should err on the cautious side, don't think that it's impossible. Get a good sharp knife, cut open the seams, and get to work.

As for like the others said, replace all or replace none. Even I won't take that chance.