Dropbox or Google drive?

Neither

google drive
$2 a month for 100GB is the plan I'm on

they already have all of your information so you may as well take advantage of the services they offer

i prefer dropbox. they have better tools and a desktop app that puts a dropbox folder into finder/mycomputer.
They are both pretty botnet, dropbox being a samsung company

>Not creating multiple emails to bypass the 15 gb of free space

In my modest experience Dropbox just works better, whereas Google Drive gave me serious trouble uploading large folders. Google Drive's only advantage is the web interface, mainly because Dropbox is dumbed down to hell and clearly designed by macfags who consider whitespace to be the most important element. I'm not considering prices.

Unpractical.

If you would rather create 8 accounts (and figure out a way to handle the files that way) than pay $2 a month you are literally retarded.

You get more with google drive

Drive unless ur a faget

You get more with Mega and using multiple accounts makes it essentially free unlimited cloud storage.

>inb4 ching chongs run it
Don't give a fuck son, encrypt everything you upload if it helps you sleep at night but really wtf are chinks going to do?

>they already have all of your information
considering I have never used a google service that they could get my information from I'd disagree plus it's like saying
>I've been stabbed once so I may as well get stabbed again
and they get more info than they already have if you use google drive

>not making a program that looks at all 8 account's files and puts them in one location for you to download and view

Botnet or botnet

This.
What exactly do I need to back up so badly that it won't fit as an attachment in my Yahoo mail which has like a 1TB limit?

Just use all of them nigga

>yahoo mail

Sorry, I meant Meme Mail. You know, that thing all the cool people use.

Owncloud and any other self cloud service is the best option you stupid niggers

neither

Yeah I'd go with this. What happens if google just says "fuck it" and deletes everything

I'm on owncloud since a few years. Never looked back.

This. MEGA gives you fifty gigabytes and better security.

On the otherhand, my college gives everyone a free OFFICE 365 account that gives everyone 1TB of space.

Physical external storage

>better security
wat

If you can't trust someone on Sup Forums, consider doing your own research.

>not having cloud raid

Mega was created by the same creators of MegaUpload which was shutdown for hosting and allowing the pirating of copy write files. Those who had legitamte files stored on their servers lost them for good. So there is a big trust issue.

The files on MegaUpload were deleted warrantlessly by the FBI. Kim Dotcom was not to blame for the loss of data.

You misspelled "both"

>not using the objectively superior iCloud

I don't really trust neither.

I'd love to start my own private file storage server but its impossible to set up a network between Linux and Windows comps

What the fuck? No it isn't you sackless bag of shit.

>copy write
Am I missing something here?

Neither. If you need backup, buy a fucking hard drive, or a NAS, or even a goddamn RPi with a HDD and enjoy the speed of delta copies that aren't sent through half of the fucking internet. If you need to share stuff with people, put it on a regular server that you control, like a normal human being.

Also, a friendly reminder:

>When you upload, submit, store, send or receive content to or through our Services, you give Google (and those we work with) a worldwide license to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works (such as those resulting from translations, adaptations or other changes we make so that your content works better with our Services), communicate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such content. [...] This license continues even if you stop using our Services.

Yeah, how about fuck you instead?

That's fucking horrifying what the fuck, why do I never read the small print? I hate Google now.

t. Android user having a shit in the UK at 21:57 in Grimsby with his cock out

>>When you upload, submit, store, send or receive content to or through our Services, you give Google (and those we work with) a worldwide license to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works (such as those resulting from translations, adaptations or other changes we make so that your content works better with our Services), communicate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such content. [...] This license continues even if you stop using our Services.

You just made that up.

Google Drive probably. I don't use it, even though I have unlimited storage, but it's great. EXCEPT in respect to storing actual files like .rar or something. It can do it, but the design is for documents. I had the 1TB I believe Dropbox for a while and never used it. I'm not a big fan of their business practices. Don't like how they insist on taking your photos and all. They do have better software, though. Google Drive is weird and to function it requires Google Chrome which requires an application... It's just weird.

They both have their downsides. Google Drive really pushes Google Docs which... If you're doing any serious work, you'd use Microsoft Office 2016. I don't know anyone that does serious work with Docs. It's just for fun. So in that respect, you might want to use Dropbox.

Pick which one works for you. Or use both in a weird hybrid way. At least it's not OneDrive...

mega.nz

Locally hosted OwnCloud installation.

How am I gonna store my 50GB bluray rips

Locally, uploading them to any kind of cloud storage will be a fucking nightmare.

MEGA

>How am I gonna store my 50GB bluray rips
On a Blu-ray disc, you idiot.

>any year
>using mega

You deserve to be gassed.

>preferring jewgle over MEGA
There's literally nothing wrong with MEGA.

>this is what retards actually believe

Dropbox is for pedos
Google Drive is for perverts

>uploading large folders
Why don't you have a seat?