Poor Syrians

What can you do to help them, Sup Forums?

>boo hoo we're poor and war torn
>lets steal from people to show them that they need to help us

let them know their PR department is in worse shape than their country

It's just from windows user though, nobody important

let assad and the russians kill them all

keep backups

then look them straight in the eye and say "not today, buddy"

>it is ok to steal as long as the person is not someone important
t. Nigger

Religious fundamentalist spotted

>We're poor
>We're sad
>Instead of trying to do even a tad bit of activism, let's fuck people over for our own gain

Wew. These clearly aren't Muslim Syrians.

windows users deserve nothing more than death

>They can't remove the ransomware via Safe Mode

>more than death
>more

Don't be butthurt. That's the wincuck's role.

You dont know how encryption works do you?

All I'm saying is that ransomware is easy to remove. If you can catch and remove it fast enough, not that much damage will be done otherwise do what said and keep back ups.

Makes me want to help them less.

Your fucking fault if you get this anyways. This didn't just casually happen.

most of the time, this message is displayed AFTER the encryption process has finished with the local drive. 'removing it' at this stage does nothing other than leave you with a bunch of useless files.
Better rev those backups!

I heard MS shipped this program in one of the official w10 updates

Interesting...usually with ransomware like Cryptolocker you can normally remove it before damage is done to your files. In addition to using 3rd party software to decrypt the infected files.

It'll do most of us a favor. Just removes the suspiciously young anime girls and TBs of memes. Anything important is already backed up... Off site of course.

>Create two virtual machines
>Install the virus on each VM
>Get your stuff back

ez

>blaming it on syrians
Despicable!

And as long as you're running F-Secure, are not opening suspicious mails and steer away from suspicious sites, you should be in the clear, right?

You'd have to pay the ransom for the VMs retard. Learn to read.

>blaming
No one's blame the Syrians here, friend.
They dindu nuthin :^)

Join ISIS and shoot every compsci student in the whole country

>wipe drive
>restore backup

You do keep backups, right Sup Forums?

Reinstall my operating system and not worry about my important files that are all on my powered down external drive

Fuck Syrians

Pretty sure this is the work of Nigerians/Indians and not actual Syrians

God, you are so stupid..

The "hackers" write this for psychological reasons. If 3% of all targets says "Oh, I should just reinstall everything.. but wait, the poor guys. OK, let's help them"... that's already a lot of money.

They are probably a bunch of russian kids who think this is funny and laugh their ass off. Syria is literally scorched earth, do you think there are high class hackers who could pull this off?

Give their third world shithole the glassing it deserves.

have the russians send them a care package

>I'm poor and I live in a warzone but I can setup the necessary infrastructure for this kind of malware instead of getting food and survivng or just leaving the country and contributing to the colonization of Europe.
Sure.

>tfw they encrypt your backups

Hopefully a care package gets sent to you and fascist shits like you who sympathize with authoritarian shitholes like Russia.

>defending terrorists
Kys, leftist scum.

Oh yeah!? Well I hope you get raped! Twice! Maybe then you'll feel different! Jerk!

Russia may be a dictatorship but that doesn't mean they aren't the "good guys" in Syria right now. We literally support straight up islamic terrorists. Like it or not Assad needs to stay or something much worse will come.

You people are very gullible if you think the people behind this are actually Syrians. This is only to make it more likely for people to pay up. It's most likely coming from Eastern Europe or China.

> tfw using MacOS

> Implying these aren't a bunch of slavs or chinks trying to guilt trip people
aghmeds can't do shit except make bombs and clocks that look like bombs to get free money

>Boot into PE mode
>Replace Encrypted Files with Shadow Copies
>Return to Normal
>???
>Fuck Syria

alternately;
>We don't Negotiate with Terrorists

>stealing
>getting advantage of idiots who are dumb enough to execute malware on their computers