Buy a new laptop, acer cloudbook, emmc memory

>buy a new laptop, acer cloudbook, emmc memory.
>install linux mint, fuck w10.Everythinf works fine for hours.
>hibernate it. Turn it on again.
>no bootable device error
>fuck around with the BIOS, there is no fucking way to do anything
>just tried to a w10 bootable. Cannot.

How do I wipe out everything and reset factory settings?

Other urls found in this thread:

ultimatebootcd.com/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

do you not know how to use BIOS?
If you deleted w10 you can't just factory reset it, idiot.

I tried to install linux again but it would load on forever and ever.

How should I proceed now?

install gentoo

if you don't know how to use linux, why would you install linux on a new lappy?

As i said, I installed Linux and it ran perfectly for hours. Restarted it twice, got some shit done. When I hibernated it, then the problem came. The "no bootable device" error appeared, and then I could no longer boot it.

make a bootable win 7 usb and format the HDD with it then install it. do the free windows 10 upgrade when thats all set up if you WANT to. Run linux in a virtual machine

boot from the cloud bruh

he can't format the hard drive
unless you unseats it from the board and finds a new board to put it in

because he thought it was cool to have eMMC memory

Would I be able to install W7?

that doesn't sound true at all, just fucking format the HDD using cfdisk in a linux live-cd

didn't read that.
Enjoy your new paperweight.

well at least you did it on like the shittiest laptop you could buy

dude, why the fuck would you put linux on a machine if you don't even know how to restore it? Also, why the fuck are you asking for advice here? you will not get anything valuable from Sup Forums.

I think this guys right
eMMC memory is kind of a pain to work with
but If you can boot from a usb drive it might just save your bacon

I'm guessing your usb ports wont work though, just a hunch

hahahah linux mint? just stick with ubuntu LTS famalam

What do you mean by "work"? The machine does recognize the bootables but they won't install.

why wouldn't the usb ports work?
>not OP but I've never had this problem and I've fucked some computers up with installs over the years.
what do you mean "won't install"?
What is it doing?

you dont need to install from the usb drive, at least not yet.
you download a usb bootable OS, put it on flash drive. pick an OS that has the utility to format drives
boot from flash drive, use that utility to format your eMMC drive.

then install whatever OS you see fit in the traditional way, on a freshly formatted drive. this part will probably require installing from the usb drive but hopefully your memory will accept it after the format

Install gentoo

this

Well English is not my first language, so I'm sorry in advance for any possible misunderstanding.
I mean the BIOS and the computer does recognize the USB drive, but the booted image doesn't load.

When i tried to boot Linux again it said something like "got data interrupt 0x00002"

This makes sense. But when I boot the bootable OS, it gets stuck. Happened with Linux Mint and W10. Mind recommending anything?

Next time, STUDY your specific machine before throwing Linux or any OS at it.

Apparently doing your fucking homework first is a bad thing.

in the future don't try to hibernate linux
thats such a wincuck move anyways

I'm sorry I don't really knew that.
Is it bad to do that?

apparently it is

The flavors of linux i've tried didn't have a hibernate feature that I can remember. sleep mode yes, but hibernate is sort of a windows thing. If you accessed it via a UI element in the OS than by all means it shouldn't have fucked anything up.

but if you clicked a hibernate button on your laptop keyboard it might have done something very strange indeed

What about this? Can I make a boot from this ultimatebootcd.com/index.html and then try to format my emmc memory with it?

Had a problem on my Acer aspire last night trying to get Mint to work. Just fucking wouldn't. I think it's something to do with SecureBoot or some shit. Ubuntu works fine though. But you've got me worried as I've only been running it on this laptop for like 3 hours.Go into your BIOS and disable secureboot, also make sure to make the UEFI boot exception for mint in the BIOS.

holy shit is that a fucking scan code on a windows 10 error? lol

:(

Please guys

which one of these utilities can help me format my emmc drive? ultimatebootcd.com/index.html

im kinda lost.

parted magic if you're going to use linux

yw. bye

that font rendering tho

Why not just use a live ISO and use Gparted?

Or even Windows 10 ISO and use their partioner?

my screen got messed up on macbook air. I dug an old monitor out from the storage closet.

>take a brand new perfectly working laptop
>fuck it up
>can't install windows on it now
>it is Microsoft's fault!
OP is a faggot

This, just load a live USB and reinstall with your own partitions or "wipe disk and fuq me up the but"

There was a SystemD issue for me that caused my wifi to stop working after one reboot, so I switched to Linux From Scratch and installed OpenRC on the OS, I call it Nitrogen OS.