I just bought a Dell Inspiron 17 for $1000

I just bought a Dell Inspiron 17 for $1000.

You jelly poorfags?

>You jelly poorfags?
Unbox it in a Porsche GT4 and i will be jelly.

>Inspiron
>jelly

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No wonder people hate this board

>overpriced brand
>jelly
No, not really.

>a laptop

>You jelly poorfags?
No, why would I be?

>Inspiron
Okay so you bought an entry-level consumer laptop, as opposed to a latitude, xps, precision, et cetera, all of which are better.
>17
Okay it's really more of a laptop + more to cover part of your neighbors lap.
>$1000
Okay? Sounds about right for a new one. Are you in a country that has high taxes and high import costs, or a poor exchange rate?

No, California. Nearly $100 in taxes

>Inspiron
Dell makes some good laptops but none of them are Inspirons.

Jelly for what? You bought a fucking Inspiron trash.

DUDE

YOU'RE GETTING A DELL!

You guys are retarded, $900 gets you an i7, 16GB RAM, 1TB HDD, a graphics card, 17 inch screen.

What does a $900 Dell XPS 13 get you?

>13inch screen
Lmao
>4GB RAM
HAHAHAHAHA
>a 256GB SSD
kek
>no graphics card
HAHAHHA

tldr: kys

pic related

>5400 RPM in the year of our lord 2016

>using ssd that are literally experimental technology

yeah dude you're such a baller

Experimental? No more experimental than, say, the perpendicular recording technology in your 1TB HDD. Flash memory has been around for a long time.

>17 inch screen
>geforce 940m
>1tb 5400rpm drive
>1080p at that size
these are all bad things though

>1/4 the storage of HDD
>costs the same
>he fell for the SSD meme
Lmaoing at your life famalam

You think capacity per dollar is the only thing that matters in a storage device?

Your 5400 RPM 2.5" hard drive is literally the slowest type of drive in common use today.

Also, Geforce 940MX has similar performance to some of the Intel integrated graphics chipsets available today.

>laptop

Why would I be jelly of someone with down syndrome.

>Dell
>Inspiron
>17
>$1000
Yeah i sure am """"""""""jelly""""""""""

I paid $300 for a Dell Inspiron 11.
Great netbook.

>he bought alienware
this thread is getting more and more pathetic

>Inspiron

The only good thing to get that is expensive is the Razer Blade Pro

not in the slightest

That's a lot of mental gymnastics just to justify your (((ssd))) placebo.

Not thinkpad.
Nope im not.

>Inspiron 17
>$1000

Why?

SSD's have a lower mean failure rate as well as a spinning HDD (especially a mobile one) are prone to mechanical failure at any given moment.

>igzo
>viewing angles

at least my shitbox is OLED
this is just because why not. already have a retina macbook pro and a thinkpad, so why not get a third shitposting device.

I got almost the same 3 years ago with an inspiron 15 for $900 canabux. What i7/gpu does yours have? I got a haswell i7 & geforce 750m.

BTW I fucking hate the thing, it runs really fucking hot and the front and back parts of the screen separated, so I hooked it up to a monitor and use it as a desktop now

>$1000

>poorfag thinks $1000 is a lot of money

either there is a serious problem with capitalism it's working exactly as intended

not even in the slightest
i have no need for a laptop
nor would i ever purchase a dell product

anyone got that picture of OP eating shit and talking about us anons as if we just can't afford to eat shit?

I heard the words Inspiron and $1000 and the cringe was instant.

I've bought gpus for more than that. What a waste those were. Glad I pushed them onto some retard who bought them for more than what I paid.

I got an i7, 512 NVME, 16GB Ram, 960m, and 4k UHD touch screen, for 900 after tax...

wouldn't use it for free

Does putting a word in more parentheses make your argument stronger?
This board is for ((((18+)))).

>17 inch convertible
No

This was $500 off on black Friday

Good job

i know. im kinda pissed i didnt know about it.

Speaking of shitty dells, what is this whole piece called, I need to replace it

Motherboard?

When I look up motherboard for this inspiron it has the lithium battery on it. This side does not have that,sooo I don't know

>Inspiron
>$1000
My Inspiron 15 from 2014 was $1500 new. I shouldn't have cut corners.

definitely looks like a thing, jim

model?
Inspiron 15-1321?

its still one piece. if you pull out more components you'll see it underneath something.

don't rip the ribbon cables. dells are a bitch with that.

Awesome, appreciate the advice

Having owned and very quickly returned last years inspiron no, I'm not jealous at all.

Still all one piece?

odd. call dell, and give them the service tag. they should be able to recommend the correct replacement board.

how the fuck are you supposed to change that hard drive??

what do you mean?
It's just screwed down. then lifts up and you can unplug it from sata..

>then lifts up and you can unplug it from sata..

is that sata a bendable cable? Because I see no slack to move that drive out

Yea its this guy.
Alot of Laptops these days use a cable instead of straight sata soldered on the mobo.

By the way? If you need to replace the mobo of your laptop. You might as well buy yourself a new laptop.

So should I just return it and get a an Inspiron 15 with an SSD?

Return it and buy a real computer. $1000 can build a great desktop, or $750 for a desktop with double the performance of the shitty inspiron, and $250 for a chromebook to handle any mobile requirements.

But I bought it using the Bestbuy Credit card, I can't build a PC with stuff from best buy. I also need a laptop for school.

user everyone here has like $1600+ setups
your shit laptop costs like 1/3 of my entire setup
no none of us are jealous you stupid fucking cuck

>the laptop for school meme
because a pen and paper just isn't good enough for taking fucking notes in class

Have fun regretting that decision when it falls apart in about 6 mo.
Idiot.

>not waiting for a laptop with a 10 series GTX card.

>not waiting for the 9 series to drop in price by 50% when everyone realises the 10 series provides double the performance.

>spending more than 200 bucks on a laptop

>buying a laptop at all when you can just take notes on your phone.

Great job guy, you're getting 2010 desktop performance at 2016 prices. People buy the XPS 13 because it's light and fun to use (for grandma), can't believe you fell for the large screen laptop meme. All I can picture is that gif of the fat guy struggling to balance a massive laptop on his lap and the girls sitting behind him giggle while playing with their ultrabooks.

I literally paid half the price for those same specs on my college laptop. Nothing with a 940M should cost that much.

>XPS 15 i7 kaby lake with Pascal TI gpu.

When, and how much would this baby cost me?

no, because you wasted money on a computer you didn't need to buy. you could have bought something just as good for under 200 dollars.

Are you autistic. Even if you aren't a fucking computer science major probably 90% of your homework is gonna require a computer.

when someone says he needs a laptop for school, he means a gaming laptop. he just uses the school thing to justify buying one

a laptop is all you need unless you're a gaming fag

This is horrible to look at. What is this mess?

This, I was planning on buying a MSI stealth pro for college, when I saw them, they were fucking huge. I will probably just settle for a XPS 13.

>inspiron
no thanks familia.

What movie is that, user?

>17
No too big. I get or well my company get me ultrabooks that cost 10 times your inspirion. Because lol why the fuck would anyone have to buy their own laptops.

>not getting an originpc laptop
kek you fucked up.

what a retard!

it's pretty good as a 2nd drive to store shit on. that's what i use my 5400 drive for

>no one brings a laptop to classes
>everyone takes note with pen and paper
>everyone goes to modern computer labs with fully kitted out xeons dual booting windows and linux
>there are even mac computer labs
>everyone either do their homework in a computer lab with their friends or actually do it at home because home work
>all exams are made on paper
Yeah well it was some 10+ years since I graduated but laptops were still cheap. Yet the only fags that brought their laptops did so so they could browse the web and chat with people. They also dropped out after the first semester. Also in before muh school have no computer labs or they are full all the time. Well guess what your school sucks and holds a poor education standard.

when i went to college, i didn't even take notes. i read the textbook. mostly everything that it's in the lecture is in the textbook.

laptops aren't really necessary for school. neither is notetaking. i just brought a laptop to school so i didn't have to listen to the professor's boring ass lecture. i mostly read the textbooks which is how i passed the classes

>why not get a third shitposting device

god i cant wait to leave uni

>when i went to college, i didn't even take notes. i read the textbook. mostly everything that it's in the lecture is in the textbook.
Yeah indeed since you get reading instructions for the course book. But the lectures goes through the material in the book and it's an excellent opportunity to have the lecturer explain. I found that attending lectures, taking notes by hand and just quickly read through the associated chapter was enough.
>laptops aren't really necessary for school. neither is notetaking. i just brought a laptop to school so i didn't have to listen to the professor's boring ass lecture. i mostly read the textbooks which is how i passed the classes
Why did you even attend the lectures then? The only class that had mandatory attendance was some retarded muh feelings and writing course that was obligatory to fulfil government grants.

attendance was part of the grade

i stopped taking classes on campus when i realized they were a waste of time. you just go to a class to hear lecture. you don't really need a lecture if you read the textbook.

I'm literally shaking right now

I can barely afford a 600$ lappy and it barely runs gaems

buy a console. pc gaming is overrated. when you pc game you start to worry too much about fps and shit like that. it ruins your gaming experience. pc gaming ruined gaming for me.

I never owned a console before, but you're right. the ps4 slim looks a-okay.

I found the lectures to be more time efficient but I guess experience varies. It was a great way to build friendship and contacts. University/college is also more or less the last time in your life where you can make life lasting friendship with people of similar interests. When people settle down with family they have no time to make new friends.

tfw laptops have desktop GPUs in them now
Where was you when nvidia killed the desktop in 2016?

Can you really call a computer that has the same form factor and weight as a miniitx build for a laptop? It's not really portable at all.

>find a decent, cheap lappy with kaby lake and shit
>it has a AMD gpu

MSI have a 14” laptop with a 1060 in it and 15.6" thin laptops with 1070s.

Sure, I'll take the bait.

Only a grand? How cute. I spent more than that on saw dust yesterday. Yes, you read that correctly. Fucking saw dust. 130 tons (225 kg I think is the conversion).

Horses needed bedding.

>MSI

chink shit, wouldn't touch it even if I got one for free

All your computer components are chink shit retard

>inspiron
kek

yeah... brah... that's cool and al' but...

I just spent 2k USD (chump change for me) on a svsn strix (bang bang son) gaming laptop.

bitch, no compromises. pure smexy design. made of aluminum (max quality). i7 quad. gtx 1060 (none of the m shit, m like meme you know what I'm sayin'). 24 gigs of rams. 1 TB 5400 rpm (swag, ALL THE GAMES on there bro). FHD 1080, to the max. and I'm not even done yet, uh-uh. "Republic of Gamers" on the back. you see that shit, son? swagalicious. but wait, what's that? look at that sweet ass keyboard boy, hnnng. them sexy black keys with red WSAD, so you know where them bitches are whenever you need to be gamin'. DAMN. this thing is MONSTER. GODLIKE. anyway... have fun with your toy. gotta go own some bitches in GTA. catch ya on the flip side.