Did you fall for the AMD stock meme Sup Forums?

Did you fall for the AMD stock meme Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Whoever did in the past year is filthy fucking rich if they invested 100K or more.

You'd have to be dumb to not have gotten on the AMD train at the start of the year.

They were already at rock bottom. Where the fuck else was AMD going to go but up? Bankruptcy was not an option because Intel doesn't want to have a literal monopoly cause that would cause them all sorts of troubles.

It was in everyone's best interests that AMD bounce back.

Also even now is not the worst time to get on the train.

Zen is looking good so we'll get another big bounce when it releases.

Tfw broke college student and had nothing to invest when I wanted to

hello sage what is ur advice i need to invest

Fuck I remember when it was at $2

I was thinking about buying, but I'm too dumb to understand how this shit works and I didn't want to lose any money ;_;

Personally the vast majority of my investments are in index stocks.

I don't invest in individual stocks unless it's a company/field I'm really really familiar with, as was the case with AMD.

I don't have any great tips to give right now except don't invest in individual stocks unless it's something you have lots of knowledge about. You can't go wrong just sticking to S&P 500 index.

im pretty mad about selling at $3.60 about 6 months ago

bought at like $1.90 late 2015, it popped to about $4.00 in one session and backtracked a little over the next week to $3.60 so i decided to collect and move on.

i'm fairly new to the market, and thought it was the right call at the time.
it was clearly a bad move, and now i'm constantly second guessing everything because of it...

>buying when its at a 9 year high
>company still on shaky ground
>what could go wrong ??

Nothing really.

The only thing that can go wrong is Zen turns out to be Bulldozer 2.0 but there's no signs of that being the case.

You mean that one cherry picked demo they did ?
In which they didn't reveal the system specs of the two systems.

Have you people not learned anything after the RX480 launch ?

>tfw bought 1000 shares at $1.67

Best purchase I made.

Are you somehow implying the RX480 was anything but great? It delivered exactly what it promised, great performance for cheap with low power usage.

I remember it being over sold on what it could actually do

But it did do that

for that one game

What do you all use to buy and sell stocks? A broker? I'm clueless but interested.

Depends what level of service you want.

Robinhood (the app) lets you buy and sell for free.
Going through a brokerage (either your bank or someone else) will cost you between a few bucks and up to $10 per transaction.

Welcome to the family man
reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/

I did, but I sold at $7 after having bought a $4

Only made a couple hundred dollars but I'm happy enough with it

>stocks
>investing in a jewish ponzi scheme

t. wagecuck

It's always interesting how adverse the average retard is in stock investment even though historically they are by far the best performers

Not him, but look for companies which either
1 - have hit the bottom of its pricing and has products or services that are still valuable (that can either be sold or keep the company long afloat long enough to formulate AND act on a rebound plan)
Or
2 - look for a financially healthy company that offers products or services that can not be done away with and is actively expanding into revelant fields (like Amazon rather than Yahoo)
1 is fraught with risk of bankruptcy or failure, so 2 is preferable, but much more limited in scope. Read the market's condition and direction (down to the consumer level, i.e. is buying Coca Cola these days as frequent as it was 20 years ago? The answer is no) and make your judgements there.

And remember, there is always money to be made anywhere, even in a disaster. Plan ahead, never put your money in a single pot, and expect the unexpected.

I bought at 4.00 and sold at ~8.50

I'm going to buy back in tomorrow when I see a dip. Tuesday's Live event is going to cause even more hype than is already there, and I'll sell on Wednesday if it climbs high enough.

If not, I'll hold until January. I want to end up having 100 shares by the time Zen and Vega launch.