SSD can lose data in as little as 7 days without power

extremetech com/g00/computing/205382-ssds-can-lose-data-in-as-little-as-7-days-without-power

>falling for the SSD meme
SSD fags BTFO

Other urls found in this thread:

pcworld.com/article/2925173/debunked-your-ssd-wont-lose-data-if-left-unplugged-after-all.html
extremetech
anandtech.com/show/9541/intel-announces-optane-storage-brand-for-3d-xpoint-products
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/?task=search2&ghost=yes&search_text=ssd lose data days&search_subject=&search_username=&search_tripcode=&search_email=&search_filename=&search_datefrom=&search_dateto=&search_media_hash=&search_op=op&search_del=dontcare&search_int=dontcare&search_ord=new&search_capcode=all&search_res=post
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

implying i ever go 7 days with currently rocking my rig

pcworld.com/article/2925173/debunked-your-ssd-wont-lose-data-if-left-unplugged-after-all.html

aww why did you have to ruin the fun

How poor are you that you have to try and attack people who have an SSD with easily debunked info op? inb4 I was just trying to troll XD

(OP)
Kys

>can't even properly post a link
End yourself.

How hard are you rocking it? Does it rattle while you're doing it?

Good goyim, buy that (((lightening))) (((fast))) (((ssd))) those 3 second startup times are totally worth the same money as a fully functioning HDD at 1/3 the storage.

>lightening
Yep, so you're indeed retarded. Thanks for letting us know.

The standard guarantee for an unpowered SSD is 5 years without data loss.

Kill yourself.

But you dont really have an argument. So your clever meme is moot.

>moving parts
>2009

Its like you enjoy failure.
Ferrite core memory might be your cup of tea faggot

>falling for the spinning rust jew

post merchants

I've had SD cards laying around unused in 5+ years not lose any data.

You do realize counter memes is a normie tier facebook group, right?

>Pull out an old Intel 40GB SSD from back when that shit was around $120
>Despite several years unpowered, data on it is perfectly fine

>extremetech com/g00/computing/205382-ssds-can-lose-data-in-as-little-as-7-days-without-power
>may 2015

yeah i had a ssd and failed after 3 years. i would rather have something that lasts.

That article is just damage control / "correcting the record" on behalf of Intel, Samsung etc.

>people disagree with me
>must be shilling

>I can't refute his points so I'll attack a typo instead

>points
lmao

That's Sup Forums summed up.

Trying to open a file or two doesn't mean that everything on it is fine. You should have hashed everything before putting it into a drawer and then rehash it after pulling it back out.

It is fact that SSDs are subject to heavy bit rot if unpowered. Though, expected, cucks will either defend or deny this, just as with every other shitty thing that has been pushed into mainstream over the past decade or so.

I've heard people here say it's anything from 7 days to 7 months. Any number as long as it makes SSDs look bad...

ssds are unnecessary to be honest

if you have a fast cpu and a lot of ram, you don't really need one. are you really that impatient that you can't wait for files to transfer to or from your hdd?

i would buy a 10000 rpm harddrive over a ssd

Have fun with sequential sub 300Mbps and sub 1MBps random reads

SSD+HDD masterrace

>sequential sub 300Mbps
Sub 300MBps sequential reads*

>if you have a fast cpu and a lot of ram, you don't really need one.
>are you really that impatient that you can't wait for files to transfer to or from your hdd?
Make up your fucking mind.

This anti SSD movement confuses me. Trolls or are they just this stupid? I know the retardsexist because one of my friends deny their usefulness also.

>SSD can lose data in as little as 7 days without power
Just a few weeks ago I dug out my SSD I used back in 2013, only 128GB, but Windows 8 on it booted fine.

I have several HDDs for long term storage, 15000RPM SAS drives.
But I use SSD's because I can, jelly poorfag?

Not a single downside, if you don't consider cost.

Actually retarded, plus a few kids who bait thinking it's funny.

Lazy ass neckbeards hate SSDs because they are new and cost much. To feel better they make up shitty delusions in their mind.

>moot
Who?

>he don't know what the term "moot" means
>he thinks it's a meme
kys faggot

see
people here say what?

But I thought SSD's were immune to rotational velocidensity!

I would buy a PCIe SSD over a HDD.

I would buy every one in this thread a prostitute, so you faggots stopped bitching so much

>newfags can't triforce

this guy, am I right

>Not getting the joke
Kys yourself newfaggot

Nice shitpost, bitchmaster.

>I was only pretending to be retarded

Yeah, that doesn't make you any less retarded, shit for brains.

What's the point in turning off your pc?

And you're a fucking idiot for listening to what people say. The manufacturer warrants the drive will hold data for 5 years, period.

Way to suck me into a troll thread faggot.

HDD MASTER RACE

dirty ssd meme peasants

I've left my SSD (OCZ) unplugged for nearly a year, still works fine, no data loss.

Post uptime.

It's in Task Manager and in Performance tab. I can't post mine. I powered it off a day ago because pc couldn't detect headphone DAC.

anandtech.com/show/9541/intel-announces-optane-storage-brand-for-3d-xpoint-products

>THEY FELL FOR THE NAND SSD MEME

>Namecalling instead of a proper argument.
But obviously, that's the best you got, since your original argument is nothing but logical phallacies.

My 840 pro 256GB RAID 0 array once went w/o power for around 2 months. Everything was still good.

>implying
᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎ ᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎ ᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎▲
▲ ▲

OP do you know your RAM will lose data instantly without power! Holy shit! What a scam. Quick make a thread about it.

Not really, it takes a while, just get them out quick and cool them, they will stay fresh for hours, with all your shit on them.

I will never understand anti-SSD shills. Especially in 2016+

Haven't had an HDD for the past 3 years.
256GB system/games and 1TB storage SSD only.
Poorfags out please.

Same, it's not even that expensive actually

when the fuck will SSDs become cheaper

I want a 1tb one without paying a thousand

I could easily go for a 1TB main + 4TB storage drive but why bother?

Wtf, what currency are we talking about? Because the last 1TB drive I bought was $400

>it's the same thread as always

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/?task=search2&ghost=yes&search_text=ssd lose data days&search_subject=&search_username=&search_tripcode=&search_email=&search_filename=&search_datefrom=&search_dateto=&search_media_hash=&search_op=op&search_del=dontcare&search_int=dontcare&search_ord=new&search_capcode=all&search_res=post

NOOO!!! delete this!!! I literally sold my car and my wife's sons toys in order to afford a 256 GB SSD!!! just like Sup Forums told me!!! this can't be happening!!!

Even if it were true, as long as your PC is plugged in and the power supply isn't switched off all your internal and external devices will receive power. Which means you can leave your PC turned off for over a month and nothing bad will happen. Of course, you're baiting and the 7 day expiration period is false.

SSDs are just another stage in a long line of trying to cope with shitty manufacturing of software.

Haiku loads off a hard drive in about the same time as Linux and Windows does off an SSD. Fucking hell, Windows XP is only a bit slower.

>The manufacturer warrants the drive will hold data for 5 years, period.

Are you sure it states that it will hold it without power? Does it say that explicitly?

▲ ▲

Yes.

It makes sense that storing drives at higher temperature increases the risk of data loss due to thermal fluctuations, but why would the data last longer is the drive is operated at higher temps?

If you are patient, you can make do with a current gen celeron and 4GB of RAM. Just wait it out, right?

>wife's son's toys

>still my million mongolian vowel separators triforce from last night
Come on

I have some HDDs and MicroSDs with important data, that haven't been used in many months (probably even a year).
Should I be worried?

Nope.

This. This soooo much.

That's the entire site summed up.

>He fell for the SSD meme

I have left my rig without power for over a month several times and I have never lost any data.

᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎ ᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎ ᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎▲
▲ ▲

Holy shit, what the fuck did you do with it?
I used the same SSD for 3 years, still working at 98%

>my SSD is being used for a caching proxy, so it never goes unpowered and loads my usual shitposting watering holes faster than I can start shitposting
Feels good to be part of the M.2 masterrace.

SSDs are a rip-off. I got one and my FPS didn't change.

᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎ ᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎ ᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎▲
▲ ▲

DAMAGE CONTROL!!!!

I've had SD cards laying around unused in 100+ years without losing any data.

᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎ ᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎ ᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎▲
▲ ▲

Thank you.

Exactly. That's precisely how good is a normal SSD at controlling damage.

>falling for BIOS written in eeprom-type medium
BIOS fags BTFO

WHICH ONE IS TRUE?
FUCK JOURNALISM

᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎ ᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎ ᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎▲
▲ ▲

>anti ssd fags will never understand how much difference it makes

its not about those sweet boot times, literally everything else is faster

need to verify the integrity of a 10gb file? 1-2 mins tops

opening a browser with over 70 other tabs to load is basically instant too

being able to move a fuck load of files around and still have a functioning pc is a plus too

REEEEEE ADVANCEMENT IS BAD REEEEEEEE

left my pc unpowered for 10 months without issue. also

If that's the case then why can I boot my laptop?
Sup Forums is so fucking retarded.