What's the single best device you own?

What's the single best device you own?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/chromeos/comments/3anftw/software_development_on_the_chromebook_pixel/?st=iwk8e06f&sh=a72e0153
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

2013 13" macbook air tbqh

my alu terk with campy veloce

Specs OP?

my dongle

T450s, the last good thinkpad

that's beautiful as fuck

also probably 2011 MBP 15in. bulky as fuck but I replaced the diskdrive with another HDD, got it for free and it just werks.

What Thinkpad is that? Also my best devices are my Nexus 5, Nexus 7 (2013), and my Librebooted MacBook (2006).

A titanium frying pan

ThinkPad Storm Trooper Edition?

13" mbpr late 2013

have fun when the gpu dies

hey man it lasted and thats what counts.

IDK, I was issued a T460S and I have no issues with it. Why is the 450 better?

X200

2009 mac pro
The old ones are the most beautiful computers. Prove me wrong please.

My pc

Are you the same guy who posted this?

Yeah mom won't let me vape in the house so I take all my tech pics on the porch.

No, I only saved it. Saddens me that the inside is not also white

And i was just looking for ways to make x60 less cancerous. Where did you get that

My keyboard

2015 rmbp 13.3

Google pixel XL

Should I buy one of those from ebay?

Would you recommend?

Either my phone (Nexus 5, picrelated) or my laptop (ThinkPad X220).

I hate my phone, but I don't know what I would do without it.
I love my laptop, but I don't really need it.

The x201 tbqh

Such an incredible shame that the power buttons on those get stuck so often. Happened to mine and 2 friends of mine already.

How does the fingerprint sensor work on that?

Fellow Nexus 5 owner here as well. Waiting for the 3T to arrive in a few weeks, and I have vague expectations that it will take the 5's torch and carry it further.

Ontopic:
Debating between
> T420
> Paperwhite 3

...sigh

I never used it

I've had it for over two years and nothing like that ever happened to me. Maybe I'm lucky, maybe it's just that the European 32GB version is immune.

But I sure got a bunch of other problems, specifically the battery. 2 hours of SOT is a pain to live with. But I got an external battery, so I cope.

If I were to switch phones right now, I'd get a OnePlus 3/3T too, it's a great choice right now.
But I probably won't switch for at least like 5 months, so we'll see what my options will be then.

Probably my keyboard. I'd say the iMac, but I'll be using this keyboard long at least a decade or more after this iMac is gone.

Because he bought it new and now feels outdated.

European 32GB version here as well, which is why the 3T's 64GB is such a pleasant upgrade for me. I could definitely push the 5 for another year or so on custom ROMs, but the battery is such a deal breaker now that even Nougat ROMs don't hold a big appeal to me anymore. :/

Good luck with whatever will be available in 5 months, maybe a OP4 with SD350, 8GB RAM or whatever. :)

let that anime out of its cage you monster

God that is sexy

My one m8

Phone of the decade

Probably my Google Chromebook Pixel LS. I've got a Nexus 6P and Thinkpad T420, as well as an okay desktop and Acer gaming ultrabook, all of which I think are pretty great, but damn if the LS doesn't just blow my mind every time I look at it. Also helps that it cost me a mint and it's like a rare collectable now that it's discontinued.

Still works well, and the battery hasn't gone to hit either. Im gonna be sad when it eventually bites the dust

nigga are you ok?

My Nexus 5. Phones don't get much better than this.

>Google Chromebook Pixel LS
Is this a good dev machine?

I'm not sold on the size of the SSD but I can live with that if it runs something like Ubuntu flawlessly.

I own a T450s and fuck me if the Intel wireless is not shit, even on Windows.

my alu trek was stolen 2 months ago

in terms of electronics; FW900.
old as shit and LCDs still cannot compete. I am so glad Sup Forums memed me into buying one in 2008.
it will be a sad day if I ever have to use an lcd as my main monitor.
it has some problems but the service manual is so thicc I may be able to fix it in the future if it gets worse.

15" T60.

Ended up buying this because of memes, only to end up absolutely loving it. Ended up becoming my main computer. Time has been remarkably patient with this machine, and I can't see myself needing to replace any time soon.

Even the 1024x768 screen isn't so bad, It means I can sit back and still be able to read whats on the screen, and not all hunched over like most people who use laptops a lot tend to have to.

I love my x201.

picked this 2014 MBP from local classifieds for $700. thing had some dead pixels but was under warranty. took it to Apple Store near the end of warranty, they tell me its stolen. shit bricks. but they're cucks, shake my hand and fix it for me.

on topic. this has been the best tech product I've owned

I've got mine running Ubuntu no problem through Crouton, and was thinking of trying out Arch for maximum ricing. For webdev it's absolutely perfect. I'm following this guy's set up with some personal touches here and there:
reddit.com/r/chromeos/comments/3anftw/software_development_on_the_chromebook_pixel/?st=iwk8e06f&sh=a72e0153

I thought the SSD would hold me back, but it just kept me from installing then forgetting all the bloat and distracting shit I usually throw onto my Acer's Win7 install.

X220, truly goes the distance.

Either one of these two marvels of design. Only one's truly unique though.

X220's nice, but the speakers are kind of shit and in a weird place

The thread is full of faggots.

How do you deal with 1366x768?

I bought a laptop with 1920x1080@13" and I am returning it because I can't deal with how pixelated everything is.

Smartphones spoiled me.

thinkpad 365X

How do you deal with the ME/AMT botnet? Set any specific settings in the BIOS and/or MEBx? Or just ignored it? Installed the driver for the ME/AMT-related devices visible in Windows, or left them alone/disabled them in device manager? Did you update the x201 main BIOS, and if so, did you encounter any problems (some have reported to encounter an MEBx error requiring you to press a key while booting after updating the BIOS)?

I'm fine, thanks for asking.

My GBA SP with the backlit screen

T60p 15.6'' with topped CPU and RAM. Most powerful Thinkpad ever to bear the IBM logo, also the most powerful one not to come with ME/AMT.

Fewer pixels taxes the graphics less and results in a machine which can run games better on crappy hardware. Also, if you're like me and on poor internet in a foreign land you're only going to be watching things at 720p anyway. I am not a huge fan of how hard it makes it to edit photography but I'm not a terrible photographer so all my edits consist of removing sharpening and adjusting exposure. Also, the viewing angles, colours and brightness are spectacular.

Panasonic CF-19
It just werks

why do you have so many laptops?

My 256 gb iPhone 7 plus

2015 rMBP 15" with R9 370X, followed by my gayman desktop with a 6700K and overclocked 1070, followed by my xperia z3c

The M8 is a WINNER.

I couldn't afford a new phone during the M8's prime time and got the M9 phone on launch. They are both winners; the M9 cosmetically superior but many people say the M9 was a downgrade in a few ways.

mein african descent comrade from another utherus

Nice brick !

Have you finished your wall yet ?

Mine had its lower back plate fall off and at some point I repurposed it's charging cable to make my keyboard mini USB cable longer. I regret it so much :(

My DSLR, if that counts.
Nikon D800.

With other tech had that level of build and attention for ergonomics.

>All those ports
Who is dis semen demon?

what lamp is that

Which camera model is that, user?

My custom Topre Realforce.

B careful on the flebay

Happened to me and my brother, now we both have 6Ps. I'm excited to see how long it lasts

My trusty x201t; three years strong and still kicks ass like the first day I got her.

Nexus 9. Gonna slap CopperheadOS on there and turn it into a semi-secure Android device one of these days. Maybe that's what I'll get myself for Christmas.

The acer is my oldest, and still going strong so cant just throw it away. Pretty comfy after putting in an SSD and taking out the optical drive for a 1TB HDD. Also has a GT640m so it can play some games well enough on the go.

The Chromebook was me just wanting that screen and the Thinkpad I got soon after for a $100 to play around with and eventually replace the acer as mydaily driver, especially once I'm better with using Linux alone. Also for easy upgrading as everything is soldered on acer.

I took the pictures with a 5DII with the C/Y Zeiss 50mm f/1.7

The pictured camera is probably one of the best digital cameras of all time - the Sigma DP2 Merrill. There is no replacement for it, and nothing that comes anywhere close to beating its unusual, fantastical feature set. Prices will only go up. Got mine for £200.

If you're interested in photogrammetry it's the best camera period.

I picked it up at a recyclingkaufhof (recycled goods centre) yesterday, it was the only one that still had a bulb in it and looked pretty cool. printed label on the shade says Paul Neuhaus GmbH, sorry I can't tell you more.

My 9 years old S-PVA based Eizo CG242W. 40,000 hours worked and the image quality is exactly like the day I got it, beating all IPS displays avalable today (including modern Eizo CS/CG models).

I don't mind them really, they're not tinny, so they've already passed my expectations for laptop speakers. If I want more than that I either plug in my Fiio & headphones. If I want to listen to music without headphones as I go to sleep I play it on (funnily enough) my rooted Kindle 3G.

>complaining about laptop speakers
What did you expect?

My m7 is still going strong. No scratches, still fast as fuck, its just the cam that sucks. Too bad they can't really keep up with the competition. Not going to replace it soon though as long as it still works fine

Picture quality looks about the same quality as that dell display.

I see. I thought it was a Ricoh GR at first glance. I read about the DP2 on /p/ before, but apart from the fact that it was hailed as some sort of pseudo medium format camera I didn't quite get what the fuzz was about. What makes it so good?

i could have either ditched my shitty windows phone for something better, but i wanted a nice notebook instead. 4k on a 14" is useless and was $800 more than the $1100 i spent on the FHD. I can't have everything my guy.

It uses an entirely different design of sensor, and along with its predecessor was the first time that the unique sensor was used to it's fullest extent. It's a 46mp equivalent in a package that can fit in your jeans pocket, with a sturdy design and a lens that already outresolves 46mp wide open at f/2.8. It's like the H&K G11 of cameras. Magic sensor technology thought up by Dick Merrill in the 90's with the perfect correction of Sigma's recent lens designs.

Sure there are downsides, but who gives a fuck when in three or four ways it's not even best in class but defeats sensors up to medium format.

or my Dell XPS 13. Aging desktop is aging.

Damn that's sexy

My water boiler it's the only thing I use daily apart from my laptop/phone

my t420s. i love this thing so much.

(+ my rice cooker)

Loved my G5 Power Mac 1.8 GHZ DP. Very expandable and great design. I was pissed when Apple switched to Intel. I had my eye on upgrading to one of the newer 8 core models.

Its good with gnome. But if you wash your hands too much and get too dry, it wont work.