WINFAGS BTFO

ft.com/content/d2f3f04e-6ccf-11df-91c8-00144feab49a

>Google is phasing out the internal use of Microsoft’s ubiquitous Windows operating system because of security concerns, according to several Google employees.

>New hires are now given the option of using Apple’s Mac computers or PCs running the Linux operating system. “Linux is open source and we feel good about it,” said one employee. “Microsoft we don’t feel so good about.”

>Employees wanting to stay on Windows required clearance from “quite senior levels”, one employee said. “Getting a new Windows machine now requires CIO approval,” said another employee.

Windows is done for, how will they ever recover?

oh noes, a company with 50,000 employees won't use one of our products any more

yes, quite literally a disaster

I'm not sure why they think OSX would be more secure than Windows. Linux isn't exactly bulletproof these days either.

>Linux is open source and we feel good about it
>Microsoft we don't feel so good about

Do people actually talk like that?

it definitely isn't the end of the world for ms, that much i agree with

but if you don't understand that a group as relevant as google turning their backs on ms sends a message, then you're deluded

google forgets who microsoft is.

But much better than both of them. Most people including hackers could care less about Linux since the user base is so darn small.

>the botnet don't want another botnet on its turf
Yeah, so what?

Not everyone talks like the pointy haired boss from Dilbert.

IT'S OVER
MICROPOO IS FINISHED AND BANKRUPT
POOTELLA ON SUICIDE WATCH
WINKUCCKS BTFO

>since the user base is so darn small.
Which would you rather have complete control over, 10 million grandmas who abreful understand Facebook or one Google employee's work computer?

?

Security by minority is over rated.
Where linux really kicks windows ass is in security by design.

*couldn't care less

"could care less" implies that they still are capable of caring even less, yet for some reason are not doing so.

If I say, "I couldn't care any less about Windows" I am expressing my utter disregard for it. If I say "I could care less about Windows", what I am really saying is "I am capable of caring about Windows less, but am not doing so."

are you english as a 2nd language or are you from the south?

What do you mean? Not trolling, I don't understand your point

It seems like you seem to be forgetting who Google is?

I am from the South

Also it's fucking Sup Forums not English class, people get what I ment to say, stop being such a fucking fag.

lel

i don't hate the south or anything, because the only people who are still truly american live down there. up here in the north i am surrounded by smart people who are totally incompetent when it comes to their views and the way in which they live their lives (liberals)

i lived in the south for 6+ years btw, it was nice
but you gotta clean your act up, darrell

if linux is so great MAKE AN OFFICIAL GOOGLE DRIVE APPLICATION FOR IT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Microsoft has to release the source code, at least some parts of it. Imagine how many bugs and exploits communities will discover.

How has nobody interjected for a moment...

I am from Miami, FL, not a fucking hick either. I have spoken in nigga language a lot so yea haha.

Honestly I could have written that properly but we are on a Vietnamese cartoon shit posting site so I don't care really.

Fellow Floridian here, in Miami.

I don't know about you.

You have to meet and install each other's gentoo now

Also, how are living expenses in Miami?
Is it a safe place?

Nowhere is safe

Hello brethren. I am from Hialeah, how about you?

It is expensive, and depends where you live. Some areas are bad and some are great.

Fuck this place though, I want to move somewhere else. Probably another state.

Windows hasn't been a professional operating system since XP. It all went down the shitter with Vista. 7 got a little better and then 8, 8.1, and 10 just took it lower than anyone thought Windows could go. 10 has fucking candy crush and minecraft pre installed and has two control panels. What a joke. I can understand why Google is doing what they're doing.

another florida bro here too
i want to move

Yea man same here, I want to move to a wooden area. Somewhere that I can fish, hunt, hike, camp, and etc.

the google is relevant but it offers zero microsoft products.
the consumer wouldn't care or notice if it made its own entirely new OS.

>won't even use their own OS
google BTFO

Isn't Google working on another OS?

isn't nearly all of what google have made closed source?

>the Linux operating system.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

I can understand them, there are a surprising amount of retards around clicking on cryptolocker virus links and such, that can be devastating for a big company.

Google is just an advertising company
Who cares

Google usually releases most of their software as open source, then releases their own closed source version that has all of the nice features.

oh I didn't know this so it's kinda like the open source version is basic and the closed source is more advanced

WINDOWS BTFO

>apple can't even give a dead terrorist's data to the fbi

seems pretty secure to me

very funny post haha lol

This is computers we're talking about.
You can break into a Mac computer easily with Single user mode and even bypass the EFI password with physical access to the computer, you're fucked if a Windows/Linux machine was encrypted, which is pretty fucking likely because Encryption is on by default on Windows computers with TPM installed.

How are you going to crack filevault exactly?

Extraction (hash): cat /var/db/shadow/hash/ | cut -c169-216

this is actually a pretty big deal. google is a trend setter in terms of corporate culture and one of the biggest employers in the bay area tech industry.

this means that other companies will follow suit, inevitably. and it means that the schools will change their programs to reflect the new requirement.

in any case, the real thing to take away from this is that google is sending a clear message. to put it simply, they're not concerned about chinese hackers.

win10 is known to be datamining everything, constantly. microsoft is known for their underhanded business tactics. microsoft and google are in direct competition. do the math.

>winblows

>Windows is done for, how will they ever recover?

Does this change the fact that Windows is still the number one PC gaming platform?

You would have to crack filevault first

PC gaming is not nearly as important as you seem to think it is.

and if Windows loses the private sector, vidya games will follow suit eventually.

well it's probable someone could attack the computer whilst powered on, but if it's off the recovery key is stored on the cloud so you could do it that way or if you can't go that way you just need an account with "unlock" privileges which in a business environment would be the sys admin, so you could RAT a computer, use a rubber ducky or if it's powered off hack the icloud of the user or hack the sys admin

>Date: May 31, 2010

nice try, fag. windows has improved over the past 6 years.

>improved
Pajeet pls.

>our
actual shill detected

Nobody concerned about security is storing their recovery key in icloud

What about BSD?

Nobody cares what OS plays their games. They only care that they install easily, run, and have good performance.

The problem with linux gaming are the last two things. They run like shit and even though installing the game is just as easy, installing gpu drivers is not.

your saying google someone who is a direct competitor with Microsoft want to stop getting its employees and user base to also stop? what a surprise

>be winfag
>rant and whine about windows and how awful microsoft is
>continue to use windows because of my severe addiction to childish video games

You don't understand shit

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux,
is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux.
Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component
of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell
utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day,
without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU
which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are
not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a
part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system
that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run.
The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself;
it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is
normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system
is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux"
distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

ok but what about the other 3 ways, attacking the pc when powered on, attacking anyone with unlock abilities, attacking the sys admin