Kaby lake

>kaby lake
>nvme ssd
>usb-c
>good input devices
>good screen
>metal body
>thin and light
>they fixed the two major issues this had in the skylake version, the fan and battery life - reworked the cooling and bumped up the battery

is there any major flaw except for the fact that it's "hp consumer trash"?

I've been looking for a new laptop for a while and this honestly seems to tick all the boxes

its not xps 13

it's not thinkpad

Just buy a desktop

its not PDP-1

>hp consumer trash
HP consumer trash is perfectly acceptable as long as it isn't labelled "pavilion dv 6".

Seriously, pretty much all other HP laptops are fine but that one long running model has ruined their reputation.

I have a desktop, carrying it around college would be a bit tough though

I had a cheap HP Probook bought almost 10 years ago that I've given away and it's still running to this day without a single failure, so I can't really say anything bad about HP

Just dropout, college is almost as dumb as laptops

>2016
>not keeping a micro ITX and 30ft extension cord in your backpack

college girls get all kinds of thirsty when I boot up my desktop and slip on these bad boys

>Incredibly small trackpad that's a pain to do gestures on because they think they need 5 inches of wasted space between the screen and keyboard

Biggest gripe I have with HP's lastest (((ultrabooks)))

I don't know how 'murrican colleges are, but I feel like I'm finally learning useful stuff here unlike most of the prior education

Its not anodized black

>Just dropout, college is almost as dumb as laptops

These seem like some pretty sour grapes.

They literally pump drugs into the facilities to induce that high, that way no one sees it as a scam and drops out early

enjoy when your career peaks at managing your local gamestop

doesn't have thunderbolt 3, so no eGPU if you ever decide to go that route

awful trackpad, awful keyboard

I tried out the skylake model at a store and they seemed pretty decent

enjoy your coilwhine

Did they just stop putting Ethernet ports on laptops altogether? This upsets me

It's HP consumer trash and the hinges are easily breakable junk, give me a full or 80% body width hinge.

I actually have this one, almost a year now.

Good battery life, about 4hrs with heavy use, 6-8 when just reading text or typing.
Keyboard is fine, zero issues with trackpad.
Love the display.
In my experience no downsides, unless you want to play game on it. Cpu will be 70+C in an instant

How is the hinge that props the laptop up from the back? Doesn't it get scratched or scratch tables?

Has a plastic thingy on it. No scratches

Looks flimsy.

No

Get it

The only trouble with consumer stuff is specific things, and if you see something shit like a bad track pad then sure it's consumer shit otherwise it's really don't fine

Mini ITX fits easily in backpack anyway