Could we get a GameBoy thread? Amazing and nostalgic, these devices are!

Could we get a GameBoy thread? Amazing and nostalgic, these devices are!

No.

/vr/ suffers from severe autism and doesn't allow the gba or half of the gameboy color games, so it belongs in Sup Forums

>GBA
>nostalgic

I still use mine almost daily, faggot.

I still have my SP. I wish I had a Micro still but some cunt stole it years ago.

Man, the Micro looks like such a fantastic machine. I'd love to carry that shit around in my pocket.

I have one. They're honestly very awkward. You can only play turn based strategy games and stuff with them where you can move your hands a lot.

desu all i play is pokemon, fire emblem and advance wars :)

kys both of you familios

it was made for advanced wars

But it doesn't run free software!!!!

I put a bright screen in mine.

There were two different backlit screens. The first ones sucked. The good ones were twice as bright but only came in the cyan and pink SP's.

I use myboy

Only gameboy worth having is a DS lite, i, or 3DS, so you can have this, and emulate the whole lot. You can also get a $10 bt controller for android which is superior because of bigger screens and HDMI/MHL out.

>'member gameboys?

I remember non-rechargable batteries so having to spend shitloads of cash on disposable batteries and also having to carry around cartridges if I wanted to play more than one game. I also remember the shit tier "color" support on the GB classics.

before the SP they weren't even backlit so the only place you could play your "portable" console was inside... yeah how about no. But it's ok, because you can buy this, and it will kill your battery even faster, and you can't put it in your pocket anymore and have to carry a purse like a girl, and also get a massive migraine. Nostalgia is cancer.

Keep GBA off /vr/ you stupid Sup Forumsigger. PS2 and halo will never be retro

>so you can have this
>this

>kill battery faster
>has two AAA's over the screen

/vr/'s decision on what is or is not retro is a
synchronistic result of the general age of the site which is 18-28. You can find younger ones on youtube insisting the gamecube and 360 is retro. Along with games from 2007 and even 2009. Meanwhile all of the 80s shits will hear nothing of it.

Either way, /vr/ is complete shit because they have instead done this gay meme where they drop hundreds on flashcarts and then don't do anything with them, and form flash cart clubs so they can all do nothing with them.

fpbp

>PS2 will never be retro

So, I can legitimately call myself a gamer when I only play PS2 games then? brb updating my fb

I have been told. I swear I had one just like that with no additional battery. anyway, take this

Is there any game still worth playing? I got tired of Pokemon when I was 13.

Sup Forums's recommended wiki is fine just remember to mentally drone out all the jrpg fanboy shit

I recommend the mega man card games, golden sun, zelda lttp, final fantasy if you never played it (uses mana instead of d&d style for magic)

there are a fuck load more but these are the ones that come to mind as its been years for me sense I last played it.

>tfw all my friends had wormlights
>tfw finally got a light for it
>it was the giant fucking folding magnifying glass thing from madcatz.
>It came with the arcade button covers that made it harder to push the buttons and the extended handgrip battery pack.
>the whole thing together looked like fucking star trek voyager.

:^}

Just stay away from the shitty ports.

STAR WARS was fucking infuriating. Getting past the fucking asteroid belt was impossible EVEN WITH A FUCKING GAMESHARK.

I have no idea what you were trying to communicate with this post. Are you autistic?

I remember that one too. I seemed to even have problems getting through the first maps...

too bad the screens on all of them were shit except the last model of SP