Case Fans General

What kind of case fans does Sup Forums use?

RGB, LED, normal fans?
what brands?

pic related is what ive got.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GSllkFWVhJI
youtu.be/oN4e_2r8fo4?t=119
youtu.be/IrIs3PeQ2Bs?t=505
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Arctic cooling

3 Fractal Design Silent Series R2 140 mm, came with case
3 Fractal Design Silent Series R3 140 mm, R2 was sold out

>minimum voltages are different, R3 won't spin up on lowest setting of fan controller but they will keep running if I go medium and back to low

I bought a new case fan the other day only to realize I dont have a power connection on my mobo

Noctua poo fans. Three NF-S12A FLX lowered to 900 rpm with the included adapter.

You can get molex to 3-pin adapters easily. Or you could try getting a cable splitter, it should work fine as long as you don't put too many fans into one connection.

I use the fans that came with my Fractal Design Define R4 and R5 case.

I fell for Noctua 140mm fans once. Never again. They sure moved a lot of air but were louder than a fucking delta 500000000 RPM fan.

I fell for the BeQuiet! 140mm fans once aswell. Never again. They sure were extremely quiet but the proprietary mounting holes made it impossible to mount in the front of my Define R5.

White fan blades go nicely together with RGB lighting though, since they reflect a lot of the light.

Two Fractal GP14s, one GP12, and two corsair 120's that came with the h100i

I have one single case fan due to start spinning when cpu exceeds 45°c
I assembled my pc in September and was pretty chilly, never got past that temperature, maybe next summer I will hear it if I try some stresstest

Noctua NF-A8 PWM intake
noctua NF-F12 iPPC 3000 PWM cpu
and two zalman 80mm fans for exhaust

>using anything other than noctua
kek

Whichever performs the best in objective tests. Usually Scythe fans, since they're also cheap.

>not using hydro bearing fans exclusively
You faggots might as well kill yourselves

Jetflo 120s
They're pretty nice.

I just use the silverstone 180mm and 120mm air penetrator fans that came with my case. They are pretty good.

>not using Delta fans
what happened to you, Sup Forums?
youtube.com/watch?v=GSllkFWVhJI

>he wants his computer to fly away

I get the cheapest one and change it when it gets too loud.
Treat it as consumables do not waste more than $10.

1x Cougar Vortex 120mm CF-V12HPB (Rear exhaust).
2x Cougar 140mm CFV14HB (Front intakes).
And whatever the stock fan is that comes with the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus.

The case is a Antec P-100.

I miss having a GPU

SilentiumPC Sigma Pro 120mm. Cheap as hell (approx. 6$/fan), they look decent, quite silent and they just werk.

>he fell for the air540 meme
>tfw i did too
FeelsGoodMan

Aren't Noctua fans supposed to be quiet af? Which ones did you have? I had planned to get 4 NF-A14's for my new build

be quiet! BL047 140mm

Bought 4 of these for my case, did I fuck up Sup Forums?

As long as you PWM them properly.

tip: dont let your motherboard control the fans, put everthing at 50-75%

Same.
Cheap and fuckloads of airflow.

3x delta TFC1212DE
5000 rpm
90W total at full power, wakes the entire house
Can be run at 1700RPM minimum, great airflow 10/10. Still quite loud thought, but in a nice way.
2x Outside the case because ressonance
1x push on corsair H60, inside.
1x other 120mm pwm fan on the H60 as pull when silence is needed

Speaking of AC, anyone know how their temperature controlled fans are?

be quiet! silent wings 2 140mm
like 7 or 8 of them

Arctic F12 TC's, powered by molex but they have temperature sensors which auto adjust speed based on case temps.

I ordered 5x bequiet 140m fans when they were on super sale. Two came dead. One the molex pins didn't make contact with the wiring and the other the motor/shroud is misaligned and grinds.

The three that worked are nice.

I had fractal fans that came with my xl r2, but they died/started clicking fairly quickly. Replaced with noctua, arctic, and those bequiet fans.

I don't care as long as they're on sale and don't make a ton of noise. I run my noctua's at 12v and they're still very quiet. IDK which ones you bought.

I recently fell for the Noctua meme.

I'm actually quite impressed.

>Delta

youtu.be/oN4e_2r8fo4?t=119

>Aren't Noctua fans supposed to be quiet af?

They make different models for different needs.

I went for their most quiet 120mm fan.
Forgot its name but I think it was 500 rpm.

I cannot hear it at all, not even the airflow.
But I know it's working because the (drink-)water cooler I'm using it on hasn't caught fire yet and I think it even performs better then with the original fan and it used to sound like a vacuum cleaner.

I just fell for the Noctua meme

Got 2 Noctua NF-F12 PWM on my CPU cooler, pretty much inaudible until they're at 80% RPM, which isn't needed very often.

Which model?

I have the 1200rpm S12B noctua fans, and at max rpm they are extremely loud, while at low rpm they barely move air.

I used Gelid Silent 12 before that. I think I'll put those back in.

Similar here, just 2 R3 120mm and 1 R3 140mm. Pretty quiet on low/medium settings on my fan controller, not so much airflow though.

We don't need another general, especially one about fans.

Noctua > Vardar / Gentle Typhoon > Fractal > anything else > Corsair

I got an eloop bionic fan this year for dat silence. When I plugged it in to test it it was actually quite loud. Then, I put it on the cpu heatsink and it became totally silent. Figures, it was designed for radiators.

Using Be Quiet!. Fucking love them, really. 140mm fans; two on a Dark Rock TF (low profile, this thing kicks ass), and one 140mm PWM as an exhaust fan. Also got an intake fan that came with my Thermaltake Core V21 (200mm). Its eh, good enough. Could definitely be better.

Also got a Be Quiet! PSU. Was a bit dissapointed with the build quality, even though it's a platinum 750w model. Not worth the $$$.

Also had a Noctua PPC PWM (max 3000rpm), never fucking again. Couldn't run it lower than like 60% on my Maximus VIII Gene. It sounded like a fucking jet engine. Also made a terrible noise at lower RPM's due to the PWM motor.

But hey, what do you expect from an industrial 3000RPM fan?

Just got my self 2 of these noctua NF-F12 pwm how bad is it?

Do higher-end PC cases tend to go on sale often?
Or is there no reason for them too since they don't really become obsolete

Gentle Typhoon AP-15s

I got the d14 and lowered it to 700rpm so I didn't have to hear it so damn loud. Still cold af on 6600k oc 4.5ghz

Corsair fans ain't bad.

>tfw you had four of these in push-pull on your radiator before it got hit with corrosion and destroyed an entire loop
I wish I hadn't sold those fans. They were GOAT.

Why the fuck do I have to pay 30€ for a decent looking 4 channel fan controller?
It's literally a few potentiometers and some caps in a case. Should be 10€ at max

Nexus real silent
Thermalright TY-14x

Pretty silent, but the Nexus fans don't move much air.

I use stock Rosewill fans, one led in the front, normal in the back. I did install an led fan in the back for a while until that broke.

When I do upgrade, I won't go below 120mm and I'll probably skip out on the Noctua meme.

Corsair white leds for case fans and noctua sp fans for my radiator

I use.....whatever, also, does anybody know of a good cheap cooler for a FM3+ socket?

Probably twice as loud as the non-industrial variant of that fan.

I like my Phantex fans, but I really only bought them because I have a Phantex case.

You mean AM3+
That would be anything Cooler Master makes.

Shit my bad, i'm bad for typos.I'm now wondering how far I can overclock my fx6300 with this.

Depends on voltage.

If you need 1.45-1.50+ to get over 4.7ghz then nowhere near that.

Probably easily into the 4.4-4.5 range. That cooler is good for its price, but it's not great.

Fair enough, but will raising the clock that high reduce the bottleneck with my GTX970?None the less, what's the average temps when raising it that high?

F12, non-pwm.
Got them at full blast erryday.

The fan on the heatsink is a thermalright one, tho.

>having a case big enough to support/ need case fans
Shaggy diggy

With all the random Blade types, what should I choose? Thick blades, thin blades, most air moved, cheapest of a good brand?

>more blades = pressure
>less blades = airflow

Most underrated fan.

I have an [email protected] on 1.48v and encoding a video it gets up to about 57-59c with a noctua D14.

Getting 400-700mhz does help on older games that are heavily cpu bound.

>not using touchless magnet fans

One foot in the grave already

I use chink shit 140mm 3-5$ fans and they are silent+cool well.
I have no idea how long will they last. but claim is about 7 years.

Noctua 3000RPM Industrial PPC 140s on my CPU cooler, why not in rest of case?

Awesome fans and not typical noctua colors.

BeQuiet! Silent Wings 3 140mm. I have 4 of them.

anyone recommend a good & quiet 80mm?

poor thing couldn't take on the cucumber

i have five corsair ml120's and three ml140's. pretty guuudd fans.

NF F12

Dark Rock TF master race

youtu.be/IrIs3PeQ2Bs?t=505

tfw no crazy kraut 488W fan

Mine just started squeaking. It will be missed.
No idea what to replace it with.