Is 1366*768 cancer?

The Thinkpad x260 is basically equipped with a 1366 screen.
In my country, an extra 130$ is required for a FHD IPS screen. And 30$ required for and IPS upgrade.
Would it be okay to have a 1366 screen on a high-end laptop in 2016?
Should I just go for the Thinkpad 13 with FHD IPS display?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com.au/itm/Lenovo-ThinkPad-T410-Notebook-Laptop-Type-2522-RR2-/162309270087
apple.com/shop/product/FF839LL/A/refurbished-133-inch-macbook-pro-27ghz-dual-core-intel-i5-with-retina-display
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why not one of those cheap as shit netbooks with cherry trail, 4GB ram, and 1080p IPS display?

I don't know

>One thousand three hundred and sixty-s ix by seven sixty-eight

What do you think? What kind of retarded mutt thought of this?

>cherry trail
hell, no
I need at least an i-x series processor
and I need a good keyboard

t. Tech illiterate retard

why the fuck would you buy a new thinkpad?

For what?

t. poorfag

Its fine on a 12.5" display and you'll probably get better battery life too. I'd say at ~14" where I would only consider an FHD display. QHD and UHD are unneccasary on a laptop display, it's literally shortening your battery life for slightly sharper text.

Imo if you can afford the FHD display on the x260 without feeling bad about it, i'd say go for it.

I run qbittorrent & 30 chrome tabs (youtube included) at the same time

Buy the basic model. Replace panel with that Sharp 2K panel.

1600 x 900 on 15" laptop and I still ctrl + almost every webpage, i don't understand why people need so many pixels on tiny laptop or even phone screens

it's gay

1366 x 768 is pretty shitty though

all 16:9 resolutions are cancer. 1366x768 is dick cancer.

Lads how much would you pay for this?

ebay.com.au/itm/Lenovo-ThinkPad-T410-Notebook-Laptop-Type-2522-RR2-/162309270087

$25

I would love to know what you think's worth $100

Just buy a used X240 with the ips screen for 400$ and replace the touchpad with the 3-button one.

>$900
>1366x768
>4GB
>HDD

jesus christ how horrifying. $200 more gets you something actually decent like apple.com/shop/product/FF839LL/A/refurbished-133-inch-macbook-pro-27ghz-dual-core-intel-i5-with-retina-display

get a monitor.

Fucking kek. Apple is more cancer than 1366x768
>Inb4 the Macshit stops working randomly after 2 years

no issues with it on a 12" or smaller screen but yeah its a joke on something like a 15.6inch

can you at least spring for the sandy bridge t420 like for fucks sake IPC its way better and uses way less power and doesnt even cost that much more. Those first gen i5s and i7s ran hot and just sucked.

Thanks pal

mate just get the extension to help with chrome.

t. 1024x768

1366x768 is okay at best on less than 15" screen.
On 15" and above 1366x768 very much is cancer, worse resolution than low end smart phones.

Pathetic poorfag garbage. Honestly once you experience a Retina screen you will never want to go back to some shitty blurry pixelated piece of crap.

i can get by with it on my x230

Can confirm, x230 is doable. You just end up alt-tabbing like a madman.

I rage every time I have to do any programming or CAD on my X230.

when i usually need to do stuff that requires screen realestate my x230 is usually docked connected to m 2560x1600 monitor or im on my desktop.

Doesn't help that 16:9 is an objectively shit aspect ratio for such a small display.

that is true

Same here, that's why it's so painful to do anything while I'm on a trip and have no monitor.

It all depends on your needs, fampai.
If you just use your thinkie to browse the internet 1366x768 should be enough. If you want to do multi-vm work with lots of open windows then obviously 1366x768 is bad and you should go with 1920x1080.
Although I do a lot of productive job related to managing remote servers in fuckload of open windows and 1600x900 in my t430 is totally okay.

imho dankpad screens are good for doing things on the go/on site. for doing serious work you just dock it to a monitor and mouse setup.

exactly.
also thinkpad screens (even the oldest ones) are pretty reliable in terms of mechanical ressistance to damage. Same goes for power consumption.
The quality might be shit in comparison to the competition, but it's made to last. It's like crying over toughbooks having 1024x768 screens...

The screen durability peaked with the first 16:10 designs (T61, W500) and then started declining with the intro of the 16:9 models, taking a huge nosedive with the *40 series and beyond (just a fiberglass plastic sheet with no rigidity).

I'm mainly talking about Ivy Bridge models and older. I got no experience with newer ones, because they're known to be shit.

Yeah, those were the last acceptable ones.