Linus Torvalds develops the world's largest open source project with a single monitor

>Linus Torvalds develops the world's largest open source project with a single monitor.
>Terry Davis builds God's temple on only 1 monitor; implemented a complete kernel, assembler, compiler, editor and whatnot using only 640x480

>Sup Forums """needs""" at least 3 monitors

What is at fault here?

People who need multiple displays do so only for extra convenience. Are you saying it would be easier or at least more comfortable to create those things with more space to play with?

that we are mere mortals?

Surely Torvalds could afford more than 1 monitor, but he chooses not to.

I would only use one monitor but I like having my 1280x1024 around to play emulators on and use to watch old TV shows, watching 4:3 content on a 16:9 screen just feels heretical.

Yeah but I'm trying to play some gaymes. Fuck boy there coding on a tiny screen going cock-eye by the minute.
Where's your good now faggot.

I don't have the skill or knowledge of Linus or Terry. But the lack of knowledge I make up for it in high resolution and in the amount of monitors I have.

I'm not working with text, so.

>What is at fault here?
Jews

>standing desk
>still fat

What a god.

Id get another monitor but i was an idiot sort of amd purchased a monitor that was over priced and stopped being produced (asus mx239h) so i cant find a matching monitor

Are you implying I can lose weight just from standing around?

It's actually a treadmill desk

Most of Sup Forums use their second monitor for their girl anime cartoons. I don't think Linus watches those.

He may well have multiple monitors now, back when he started the Linux kernel he was a piss poor student

You can lose weight just sitting around if you eat correctly.

That's my point, he chose not to.

Linus has admitted to have the attention span of a manatee and Terry is batshit insane. Also, this:

he also painted his office the same light green color that they use in mental asylums because it's supposed to be a neutral calming color

obviously we should all do the same thing too because he knows best

you should get an old ibm 1600x1200, its glorious

What if he didn't use that workstation?

yes, I need 3 monitors
and so do you

once you go triple head you can't go back

>Alan Turing develops the turing machine using pen and paper
>Sup Forums needs a Titan X to run a calculator app

My god, OP is right

I went back.
I can switch virtual desktops just as fast as I can turn my head, and I have 9 of those, instead of just 3.

>comparing Linus with some schizo pedophile
kys

most people will end up experiencing the better version of this with VR and AR desktop computing.

Honestly how do you have this much space? I'm married and have to share my office with my wife but even then... jesus christ 3 monitors.

tell your wife to fuck off and get her own office?

Konrad Zuse built the first Turing-complete computer

without any monitor.

Visual Studio + SQL Developer + Internet Explorer
I need 3 monitors at work.

>Visual Studio + SQL Developer + Internet Explorer
I'm so sorry

why

clearly you are a NEET

You sound like me, but at least they let us use chrome

So get one that doesn't match, you sperg.

My second monitor isn't even the same aspect ratio.

Joke's on you, I only have 2.

Then it would look bad. Id get one but you cant get them with a warranty

for being employed

1 Monitor is 10 x more effective for people who actually work on shit because it forces you to focus. When you have several monitors, you're more likely to procrastinate and waste time.

when I end up running a company, I'll mandate that everyone has a single monitor. multi-monitor setups are for slackers and I don't want you to waste company's time on fucking browsing 4chins.

You are right. Never should have gotten a second monitor.

Well, I live in student living and my computer dominates my desk (and life). It is rather pleasant to have such an enormous workspace, as you can just scoot over to have a clean writing surface and still be in front of a monitor.

Though the primary reason for my triplehead setup is because I am a simracer and I use the additional screens for better spatial awareness, it also happens to work with emulators and most modern games. I wear glasses and the monitors completely fill my lenses sitting normally, so the immersion is intense as well and I find it easier to concentrate.

>was literally about to buy a second monitor

If Linus doesn't need it then neither do I!!

wtf?!???? where his mechanical keyboard. he suck at progammng. dont even no the first reequirement

he got tired of it and doesn't use it anymore
lel

I like to have multiple terminals open as opposed to tabs,no other reason really.. And it looks leet as fuk!

>torvalds could write three great kernels at once, but he did only one because of his crippling poverty
such a shame

what happens when linus and stallman dies?

>wtf?!???? where his mechanical keyboard. he suck at progammng. dont even no the first reequirement
Torvalds uses a Corsair, or similar, mechanical keyboard. I've seen it in a recent video.

* no double-shot mocca latte hipster colored keycaps
* no special snowflake Taiwanese switches that you probably never heard of before
* standard size, not 60%
* no braided cable
God I hate keyboard hipsters so much
Just buy a G80-3000 already.

Why do you care OP?

He fell for the screens cause eye damage meme

I have 2. I like to have a twitch stream or something open while i shitpost.
1680x1050 monitors are cheap as fuck too.

Bigger > more

Why do you care what keyboard someone uses?

You can watch 3 times more chinese cartoons having 3 monitors

please tell me this is a playable mmorpg

Fact: the more monitors you own, the better you are at computing

No you tard

This makes no sense. If i'm wasting time, I'm only using one monitor. I only use the extra one when it's convenient to have more than one thing on the screen for work/study.

Linus can't even make a compiler, keeps getting humiliated by stallman.

Stallman also uses only 1 monitor

Torvals just supervises commits thats it
>neackbeard commit: fine
>woman commit: denied

You can deal with multiple monitors on a tidy desk. If you don't have that, reduce it to one single screen.

Easy.