Xubuntu

Arguably one (1) (won) of the BEST linux distros to ever grace God's great Earth.

>Linux

Wtf! i hate Linux now D:

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

baby's first linux. cute.

Huh? Nope, been using Linux for years.

>amazon shit in the start menu
Please install more vulnerabilities on my system, Cannonical. I love it!

Not all of us have CP collections, so we're not so paranoid. Also, most of us do know how to uninstall things.

>I willingly install spyware on my system because I can uninstall it
>I accept updates from the people that installed spyware on my system
If this were Windows, I would agree with you, but there are several thousand other distros that won't install spyware on your system.

>amazon shit in the start menu
You're thinking of Ubuntu.

>tfw even two digits can install linux now.

>I've never used xubuntu and don't know what I'm talking about

Hey, stop using logic you fuckin' libcuck!

yeah it's pretty good. is the default screensaver/lock that xscreensaver cancer? I'm on Ubuntu with xfce vanilla installed rather than xubuntu, i fucking hate xscreensaver so much it's so fucking gay. they force their homosexual gay ass fucking logo right into your fucking ass and it's just so fucking shit

Because I use the vastly superior MATE. Xu looks like trash out of the box. Ram usage aside, there is little reason to use xubuntu. On any modern machine, ram usage is irrelevant anyway.

As a cat i find Xfce very exciting. Maximum comfy.

>mouse

>xubuntu is still ubuntu

stfu libcuck stop text raping me with your shitty posts

(You) is not you, you libcuck you.

Who are you quoting? The point is amazon shit doesnt come with xubuntu.

I just shit my pants. Fuck

>quoting
You're still installing a distro that's partially made by Cannonical. You cannot escape the botnetting.

>xubuntu
>botnet
prove it faggot

kek, meant for

OP here, sorry, I meant to say "GNU/Linux distros" because I'm aware that Linux is just a kernel, included into the GNU operating system.

It's okay. It seems to be one of the main ones that people coming from Windows really like. It was one of the first distros I used though I have moved on to Fedora.

The Amazon shit is only in Ubuntu Unity you fucking fag. Now stop conversing with people about things you don't know the first thing about.