It's Over

Intel is finished & bankrupt.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcper.com/news/Processors/Leaked-Geekbench-Results-AMD-Zen-Performance-Extrapolated
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it's absolutely nothing new OP

If AMD sells good Intel will get royalties, same in reverse.
There won't be a winner as long as either does x86 cpus anyway.

Isnt this kind of their thing though? Intel releases a processor that's better than their last one, then AMD releases one that's better than intel's new one like 6 months to a year later, then a few months after that intel announces something else thats a little better than that, rinse/repeat.

They've literally had these processors made, ready to ship like 10 years ago, but then they strip them down and release them piece by piece (think: dlc for games, but way more expensive and wasteful) when their main competitor releases their little bits and pieces of their max potential.

no what the fuck are you talking about

no

Wew lad, nice conspiracy.

AMD hasn't released anything that comes even close to Intel since 2012, following it up with slightly overclocked or TDP dropped revisions of piledozer. What you described perfectly fits AMD vs Nvidia though.

Typical back and forth. Neither will go bankrupt since they command large assets.

>Shitty gaymer name
>Giant poo splash in background
holy fucking shit, this is too good to be true

It's OVER only 3.4GHz meanwhile Kabylake is 4.5Ghz AMD stock dropping like pajet poo hhahaha

Ya pretty much this. Only good AMD CPU in a while has been the 8350. Since that it's been intel all the way really.

However I am hoping they have a new 8350-like processor in the new bundle. One that can compete but for a lower cost. I'm really looking into a 6800k but if AMD has anything marginally close (probably wont but here's to hoping) I'll end up going with that.

>Ryzen
>ThreadRipper
>Grok
>Vara
>Joro
>Jitzu

Someone from marketing went to Japan I see.

>Kabylake is 4.5Ghz
Those are quad cores, this is going to compete with Intel's 8-core chips which run about the same speed (3.2 - 3.7ghz) as AMD

>shitty Mortal Kombat fanfic character names

AMD cant sink this low. Shit like FX or Phenom sounded perfectly fine and professional, it seems AMD thinks all they can sell to is dumb gamers with low budgets

>implying Sandy Vagina, Fiery Bridge, Baby Lake, and Caribou Coffee are good names for processors

Ryzen makes sense. Playing off of Zen and being risen from the ashes. Better than the nonsense intel comes out with.

>RYZEN LMAO XTREM
>3.4GHz

The last AMD processor that could come close to intel was the phenom 2

Even if Zen is as good as they claim anyone using a 2014 broadwell and up wont care.

Ryzen
>Family was murdered by the Intel clan long ago
>rose from the dead using the powers of the great Pajeet, now seeks to get revenge
>Uses his poo bending powers to make people meet their shitty demise

ThreadRipper
>member of the Enterpise clan
>has the power of over 32 cores and 64 threads which he uses to shred his enemies
>his only weakness is that he cannot take on single threaded foes

ThreadRipper is probably the name of their SMT implementation or something like that.

But none of those are actually Intel's names? Stop pretending to be retarded.

>posts literally nothing of value
>claims competition is fucked
Sup Forums in a nutshell

>muh gigahurts
is it 2001?

>too much of a low IQ shit dick to understand simple hyperbole

Amd throws cores at everything but cores are useless for most people

i-ill just use the same tactic children use to to make threatening things less scary and name them poopy crap names haha got you intel
stop having autism

What is Intel's naming scheme anyways? I don't see a pattern other than being named after lakes or something

Not an argument. Fag.

Its all over the place, but they're just sticking with names of random lakes for now with their mainstream consumer chips.

ry ZEN?
why not just ZEN?

because the core architecture is zen, but the architecturial adjustment to each market bracket also need their own trading name

Zen is too generic and already widely used to copyright and use for a product line.
Zen is the codename of the core architecture, and that doesn't need a copyright.

The real question would be why they didn't stick with Summit Ridge.

Broadwell-E 8 core only has 3.2GHz

maybe Ryzen is their new marketing name like FX with bulldozer architecture

3.4ghz lol

>tfw was about to pull trigger on 6800k

thank fuck I waited

>calling trademarks copyright

Same, probably still going that way but waiting a bit just in case wont hurt.

the 6900k has a base of 3.2 and a boost of 3.7, so this part will be extremely close in performance. if the rumor about the specially binned overclockable SKU is true, AMD might finally have something that's objectively better than the competition.

I hope the rumor about the $500 top price tag is true but somehow I really, really doubt it. If it does turn out to be a 6900k killer AMD will probably price it to match.

RYZEN FROM THE ASHES TO RIP YOUR THREADS APART, BITCH!!

the fuck is SenseMI?

If that 6800k Competitor is offered at a better price I'll be interested if it's even in the ballpark.

>3.4 ghz

As opposed to 3.2GHz of the i7-6900k?
You really must try harder to make Zen look bad.

haha u got baited xDD

one more notch on my good ol' shitpostin keyboard ;)

Is this b8 or those are the actual names?
Why does this miserable company can't get _anything_ right?

>rose from the dead using the powers of the great Pajeet
Daily reminder that the CPU division is practically pajeet free

Single. Thread. Performance.

I am looking to replace my i3 6100.

Ask your parents for a 7350k for xmas.

Can we add more pipelines as well?

lol are you retarded.
That's not how the x86 license works

Enjoy getting buttfucked by PSP. All of the Intel users are getting ready for the great uncucking. We can disable Intel ME on most of our CPUs. Stay cucked, AMD nigger. You are literally a poo in loo.

Even really new ones?

Yes. Check the catalog. There's a thread up.

I have no idea what Intel's current processors are called since they've kept the names i3, i5 and so on for years just adding extra numbers.

Use the catalog. Find the link. Click it. It's not that hard.

But who needs 8 cores? 4 cores with an entire Fucking 1.0Ghz advantage will blow this thin away 90% of the time.

Who needs more than 256K.
Fucking moron

Not if you use an operating system with scheduling instead of templeos

Are you this dense? Having high clocks on a 8 core part are pretty much a guarantee of quite higher clocks on lower core parts
>4 cores with an entire Fucking 1.0Ghz advantage will blow this thin away 90% of the time
You should go back to 2011

haha... white man cant make cpu... this is why amd is dying...

don't forget to buy AMD guise and watch Clit TV

>8 core so its going to be a slightly better FX8350
>3.4 GHz
>2017

It's going to be more than slightly better, not to mention that these are the first AMD processors to have SMT so that's 16 threads compared to the 8350's 8

>slightly better
>40% higher ipc

shitposters are really clutching at straws to make this thing sound bad. just stick to the edgy pajeet memes.

5960x and 6900k can both clock to 4.5ghz with ease.

if the rumors about zen being sandy vagina ipc and not clocking above 4ghz are true, then it's a DOA product, especially if it's $500 MSRP.

>tfw RY'ZEN sounds so cool I might just get it

I'm kinda scared that AMD isn't fucking up for once.

Maybe release a 10 core version named Rikka and let the Internet get to work.

Intel better not underestimate meme faggotry either. If everything goes right 2017 will be the year of Trump and hardware with weeb names.

fx9590 was clocked 47% higher than the 3.4ghz zen sku, so if it's 'only' 40% higher ipc it will be worse performance than vishera.

Just bought a mini ITX case, should I expect an 8 core APU or should I just go with the Atom I had picked out?

40% over excavator, not bulldozer or piledriver. that puts it in the range of haswell.

>40% over excavator, not bulldozer or piledriver. that puts it in the range of haswell.

no, it doesn't. it's a little slower than sandy and ivy bridge clock for clock. pcper.com/news/Processors/Leaked-Geekbench-Results-AMD-Zen-Performance-Extrapolated

>geekbench results from some random and unconfirmed test platform
Tech. Illiterate. Retard.

>if the rumors about zen being sandy vagina ipc
This was debunked when the demo was done months ago, it has pretty much the same IPC as Skylake, and thus at parity with Kaby Lake
>and not clocking above 4ghz are true
This was the last rumor still holding, but this leaks shown Zen clocking higher than comparable Intel parts, while keeping a lower TDP
>then it's a DOA product, especially if it's $500 MSRP.
Even before the last rumor was debunked, Intel was already making moves never seen on the market, like the leaked 32 core Xeon that will go against the 32 core Naples, or the rumor of unlocked i3's
>posting the old ass Geekbench
The Blender demo is out there, stop shilling with ridiculously stale crap

not an argument

>not an argument
>redditspacing
You have to go back
The first line is an argument, now are you mad that you aren't getting paid? Fucking pajeets shitting up Sup Forums

>believing AMD's marketing department, who has a history of exaggeration and lies, over a real world benchmark

nothing was debunked, stop trying to wiggle out of this and stop hyping yourself up. nobody else except you fanboys are going to buy this DOA product so if you temper your expectations now it will make the asspain a lot easier to deal with in a few weeks.

>someone who posted facts that dispute my worldview is a redditor

last i checked it was redditors who live in their own world and can't handle truth, stop trying to project

Fuck that shit and its muh more coars my 3570k still stronk for years

They have anything cool in the actual budget (under 100 bucks full build like am1) going on?

Its the only reason zen would worth shit

Remember when a geekbench leak showed kabylake with a 30%+ lead over skylake despite Intel themselves saying that isn't the case?

So, what kind of performance increase can I expect to get over my Q6600?

Intel and AMD have to share core libraries and IP's. Not revenue.

would this even be considered an upgrade over a 3930k @ 4.5ghz

about tree fiddy

Blender is a real world benchmark, Geekbench has always been shit, also it's from an unconfirmed chip, on an unconfirmed platform, and even then you can't really even know if it's Zen since that can easily be faked
And that's not even counting that Geekbench puts Apple's A9 chips faster than most Intel chips at single thread workloads
Also, the Blender run was done under the scrutiny of the media, and AMD made public everything they used, including their Blender builds
>who has a history of exaggeration and lies
Straight up lying? Great user, now you will surely get paid
You're the one who literally dismissed an argument with >not an argument
heh
>They have anything cool in the actual budget (under 100 bucks full build like am1) going on?
Not until 2017Q2, the first wave of Zen products it's going to be server and HEDT parts
>Its the only reason zen would worth shit
Being at parity and even beating Intel is hueg
>Fuck that shit and its muh more coars my 3570k still stronk for years
After Zen Moore's law will go back into effect
Not really unless you need more coars

yea if it's not 2x c2d t75xx im not interested

It's an awesome EXTREME 90s style name

AMD is going to make computing great again

for fuck's sake nigger have you even read anything before you posted

>Blender is a real world benchmark,

depends on the workload, i'd expect anything AMD's ministry of truth puts out would use a workload specifically crafted to give them the best performance possible for their uarch, they would never show what the real world performance is like because even in their best case they were only on par with haswell, which is almost 4 years old.

>depends on the workload, i'd expect anything AMD's ministry of truth puts out would use a workload specifically crafted to give them the best performance possible for their uarch
Good thing the workload was made public and no one found anything wrong with it :^)
And even then, different workloads wouldn't make Blender rendering substantially different
Even if it did, then it would show the AMD chips beating Intel, how does it feel to disagree with yourself?
> they would never show what the real world performance is like because even in their best case they were only on par with haswell, which is almost 4 years old.
Literally wrong, it's at parity with Skylake and thus Kaby Lake, Intel preparing a 32 core Xeon proves this, they wouldn't need to do anything to keep their lead in the server market if Zen had the same IPC as Haswell
Also, 4 years old Haswell is still within 10% IPC wise with Kaby Lake

>i'd expect anything AMD's ministry of truth puts out would use a workload specifically crafted to give them the best performance possible for their uarch

it's exactly the software intel recommends to bench their own processors.

>they would never show what the real world performance is like because even in their best case they were only on par with haswell, which is almost 4 years old.

because Broadwell-E is still current; intel haven't updated the architecture for their enthusiast line in all that time. If the 6 and 8 core zen SKUs are comparable to haswell in IPC and clockspeeds then AMD have a competitive product in their hands, depending on retail price. It's that simple.

SMT

>it's at parity with Skylake and thus Kaby Lake, Intel preparing a 32 core Xeon proves this, they wouldn't need to do anything to keep their lead in the server market if Zen had the same IPC as Haswell
>Also, 4 years old Haswell is still within 10% IPC wise with Kaby Lake

If I was a crow I would be fucking terrified.

>pissphone being retarded
Go back at believing AMD joined Khronos in 2013

who the heck cares? it will have some kind of number that everyone will remember , 80% of i5 buyers have no idea what lake it is

Should I buy 6800k or wait for this.

Wait, prices are definitively dropping after Zen launches

>Good thing the workload was made public and no one found anything wrong with it :^)

people found that it fits entirely into L3 cache at all times and produces similar results on any CPU released since nehalem. there's nothing conclusive to draw about performance from it at all except for l3 cache bandwidth and latency.

>And even then, different workloads wouldn't make Blender rendering substantially different

workload is everything, cycles has tons of features and things you can tweak that can radically change how much time your render takes.

>Even if it did, then it would show the AMD chips beating Intel, how does it feel to disagree with yourself?

point is that it wouldn't be that fast in real world usage and therefore isn't a real world benchmark. we've already seen multiple real world benchmarks that put 8 core zen on par with nehalem and sandy bridge chips performance wise.

>Literally wrong, it's at parity with Skylake and thus Kaby Lake, Intel preparing a 32 core Xeon proves this,

the 32 core xeon is an unfounded rumor and the chip from that leak wasn't even on the correct platform (the chip shown was for intel's HPC platform). it's much more likely that naples will be competing with a 26 or 28 core chip on whatever platform skylake-e/ep comes with.

Thanks senpai

probably not, intel is too comfortable they won't do anything intill they see volume drop

>If the 6 and 8 core zen SKUs are comparable to haswell in IPC and clockspeeds then AMD have a competitive product in their hands, depending on retail price. It's that simple.

of course they would be competitive if they could achieve comparable IPC and clockspeed. too bad we already know they are 5 years behind IPC wise and aren't able to clock as high as Intel can.

maybe that will improve in the future, but as it stands now Zen will disappoint AMD's fanboys just like how phenom, bulldozer, fiji and poolaris did.

why do so manys poster on Sup Forums want amd to fail?

even if you never buy their products having a competitor for intel/nvidia will save you money