Am I alone tired of material meme?

Am I alone tired of material meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

material.google.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm sure there are some other losers who care enough about such a trivial thing.

Not a fan or a hater of it here. Just have terrible memory and can't remember what things looked like before material took over. Do people really care?

> This thread again

>this faggot again

I'd be fine if they made it VERY SLIGHTLY less low-poly, which it looks like they're doing now

I don't see any problems.
It looks clean, no ugly grandients, no glossy 3d buttons. It looks just fine.

Some people like to complain about anything.

Give me this CSS now

Im not quite sure if troll or not but I'm gonna bite anyway.

Its an app.

Wasn't trolling. Was genuinely interested thanks tho

>windows creates tablet tier fullscreen start menu "metro" that feels like an idiocracy screen
>black-like-the-bull-who-fucks-my-wife background with eye-stabbing ultra bright colors desktops
>every flat design site has ten million lines of bloated javascript
>not to mention "HURR RESPONSIV WEB DEZINE" requiring more clicks for navigation and removing a lot of features
How hard is it to remove all gradients, glass, shadows and others to appeal to normies while not creating a memory hog?
I don't miss Skeuomorphism too much either, the best GUI design were the "skeuo-practical" or windows 95 style one, simple, configurable, fast and still used for work on many places.

What the fuck is 'material design' exactly?

GO TO BED.

Yes. It's flat done right.

whitespace as far as the eye can see

praise be to duARTe for popularising it

material.google.com/

I don't care about technology in general, but that is ugly. Yes, I am tired of it.

is this the new user interface/experience thread

No, you're not. It's boring and soul-less. It's like being in a house with no furniture.

gtfo, you post this every chance u get

what are you triyng to say

Skeuomorphism, when done well, was cool. This flat shitty everything flat design looks terrible in almost everything, drives me crazy how design has devolved in to this boring lazy shit. And this isn't just a problem for autists who notice every detail, I've discussed this with normie friends

For FUCKS sake, why did we abandon all the most comfortable paradigms?

Pure shit.

ok

That's pretty nice.

>tfw GNOME never fell for the material meme

It feels good t b h

too bad they did fall for the tablet meme

>arguing over GUI
Here is my opinions of the GUIs over the years

>original Minimalism (Windows 1-2 Mac OS 1-5)
Effective enough that it only requires minor experimentation to figure out.

>early 3D simplistic Web 1.0 designs (Windows 3-ME Mac OS 6-9)
Effective enough the average individual can easily follow and tell what to click on. This is in my opinion the most productive generation of User Interfaces which wrote most of the rules.
The biggest downsides is that a lot of these OS's suffered from color related issues making things eyecancer to look at (this wasn't much of an issue with Mac OS 9)

>3D effects Web 2.0 designs (Windows XP Mac OS X original to OS X Snow Leopard)
For some this was objectively the best for others this was unnecessarily resource demanding (mostly for Mac OS X) and personally I found it "ok" they finally figured out what color combos weren't retarded, they just had to either make everything colorful or make everything look unnecessarily shiny.

>Skeuomorphic (Windows Vista to Windows 7, Mac OS X Snow Leopard to Mavericks)
Fucking ugly, atrocious, unnecessarily demanding, child like, "oooh my calculator looks like a calculator I have at home!", retard in mind designed, unoptimized, and if you swear by this, kill yourself; design.

>Minimalist (Windows 8 - 10 Mac OS X Yosemite - OS Serria)
What started as a truly retard oriented design became this beautiful, clean, nostalgic, and well optimized design of the future.

>Material Design
Looooool its minimalist with shadows, get angry for no reason.

>a buzzword-filled hype-ad comprised of repetitive or literally repeated sentences

It's like they actually hired artists to write the guide on it, too.

Get over it you fucking losers, it looks fine.

I miss Skeuomorphism so much. Now everything is flat, emotionless and ugly.

Allow me to remind you of the horrible past.

Well, flat "design" is arbage. So, no wonder..

You're the only material thing here, my son.

Eclair was my first android and it was nice. I really think so. But 5+ is better anyway, so I don't feel too much nostalgia.

Last time I tried asking Sup Forumss thoughts on material design my post was almost instantly brigaded by googlers with awful posts like 2bh material design is starting to show its age now, can't wait to see what other things are in store.

Taskbar doesn't exist in GNOME 3?

This would be fine without the annoying animations. Maybe speed them up and don't use the flashing effect

Dashchan doesn't have this problem.

>This spec is a living document that will be updated as we continue to develop the tenets and specifics of material design.

Say what you want about the tenets of material design, but at least it's an ethos.

>2bh material design is starting to show its age now, can't wait to see what other things are in store.
3D buttons again?

I mean how the window title bars and buttons are ridiculously huge.

There are aspects of it I like, like the defined rules for the way content should move or transition. What I really don't like is how much fucking space it wastes and how developers seem to pick the most putrid color schemes possible.

So your problem with it is how developers fuck up its implementation?

Material Design is literally the best thing that's happened to Android. Finally we have some consistent design language instead of every app doing their own retarded thing.

Well considering OP's image is from Google I don't think developers are entirely at fault

google are autists tho
they should've hired a stylist or smth

I don't mind material on phones and tablets, but it has no place on the desktop.

3D depth buttons; depending on how hard you press you get a different option.

How does it feel being over 30 and still on Sup Forums?

Material is absolutely atrocious. It has been since it's inception.

Cartoons are for children. If you want to see pretty animations then tune in to Nickelodeon or something.

applelfag detected

What, did you just expect to just stop coming here at some point?

Material hass always been mediocre.

I like Microsoft's Metro UI design more. It's not so boring and stereotypical and allows for some nice contextual gradients and glass effects. Also Metro's typography is more legible and nicer.

If we want a world where more people are capable of contributing to development in computing, and that's the world we're heading to whether Sup Forums likes it or not, then simplifying development procedures and creating global standards helps towards this end. Material isn't the end goal, Material is just the beginning. Buckle up, Sup Forums.

Metro UI - flat but not boring or bland.

It isn't significantly different from Material in any meaningful way.

It's impressive how someone can have such a shitty opinion

It is. Notice how they use colours with more contrast? Also nice gradients which are basically a blurred background picture with some random patterns.

Also Metro uses some drawn vignettes instead for explanatory images and more elaborate typography.

By comparison Material is bland, has washed out colours, low contrast and most of the time uses only one type of font.

i have never liked material design and i cant wait for it to die

metro is garbage
one of the worst UIs ever made

I loved it... On my zune

Zune HD still has the best UI of any device I've used. That was metro as it should have stayed

Show me a great UI, wtf do you even want?

Vista had an amazing UI for it's time. Shame it ran like shit.

Metro needs to fuck right off of PCs/laptops. This looks like i lt was made for a tablet.

is Apple's flat design any better?

>zune
But that's horrible. Translucidity everywhere, rounded edges, skeuomorphic objects, round buttons with 3D glass relief, boring fonts.

There's nothing great about that design. It was ok back in the day when translucidity was the shit, but now these "glassy" 3D rounded buttons look like shit.

Why did I even ask

I actually completely agree with this lol. I loved that grid live wallpaper (the one in the screenshot)

Metro style has nothing to do with how the interface works per device (ie click-oriented vs touch-oriented).

Metro style is about flat design (no 3D), high-contrast colours with accent colours, sans-serif typography with large headers, live content, etc. It's not about which buttons you get where and in which size.

>Vista had an amazing UI for it's time.
It still has, IMHO, because it's perfect in almost every way.

Windows 7 is fine too, but the taskbar looks too flat to me.

>inb4 you hate windows 7
No, I don't, m8

Giant floating buttons that obscure content are cute. CUTE!