FUCK OFF!

FUCK OFF!

Other urls found in this thread:

info.ecosia.org/what
youtube.com/watch?v=wIYhE-hei2Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>ublock + umatrix

Just donate $3 you fucking Jew

You'll be sorry if Wikipedia disappears.

In Sup Forums of a wikipedia-less world:
>anyone have the article on history of UNIX? Need it for class. Thanks.
>fucking cyberpedia. $10/mo. for junior access, really?!
>anyone else having trouble with cyberpedia reader? Latest Linux kernel update breaks it.
>should I go for full cyberpedia access for $25/mo. is it worth Sup Forumsentoomen?
>What's the spin of an electron, Sup Forums?

you dont want jimmy to starve now, would you op?

>wikipedoa turns full Jew
What the fuck do they need 50 million dollars a year for? If the dumb faggots stopped doing retarded shit like hiring trannyfags then they wouldn't have to beg for donations 50 times a month.

DIMMY WAILS

I've got Infogalatic

Their server costs are huge since they're educating every person on the planet who has internet. And off-planet probably, I'm sure someone from the ISS has opened Wikipedia.

At this point why doesn't a government (or governments) just take the upkeep cost for Wikipedia kinda like how the library of congress works.

it still needs a way to monetize its services. simply eating taxpayer money won't cut it

Then run it as a government business kinda like how the US Postal Service works.

>what is internet archiving

>man, I really wish we hadn't nuked libgen in the battle of Tsyleanskyblat

info.ecosia.org/what

how do u block shit instead of blocking elements

The postal service is funded by mail and the shit they sell for mail.
Do you want to pay for every page you view? I'd be fucking broke as shit instead of just below the poverty line.

This.
nothing like an encyclopedia that can only get worse, huh?

My only thing is they have been running this shit for at least 8 years? Every year UH OH WE ARE GOING TO SHUT DOWN PLS EHLP.

PLS STOP

>paying to have LGBT, jew & SJW propaganda showed down our throats
ISHYGDDT

youtube.com/watch?v=wIYhE-hei2Y

>I'm to young to have had any physical encyclopedias
>I don't know how to look for information on physical mediums

This is actually a failure of the educational system and parenting.

I had a full set of encylopedias growing up and they fucking suck.
They're a pain to use, frequently requiring 4+ volumes open at any given time. The internet based systems are infinitely faster and easier.
They can't be changed when new information appears. Our set didn't even have the internet as a subject.
They'll never contain information outside of the standard academic fields. Wanna read about that TV show you like when you were a kid about the dinosaur puppets but you can't remember the name? How about the history of POGs or automatic transmissions? Tough fucking luck.
And they're god damn expensive. I think ours was $300 in the late '80s.
But if you're doing a book report on the dewey decimal system for 8th grade asskissing, a physical encyclopedia is fine.

>obselete skills aren't taught
>REEEEEE

You ever actually have to look at a physical copy of NIST handbook? Fuck that shit.

/thread

it's literally point and click ya tard
the good thing about wikipedia is since it's public it can never totally die, some group would splinter off

I donated just because I don't want it to die

>they're educating
lol

they are just hosting a few GB of text (not counting the TBs of logs)

i tried downloading their financial report and its a convoluted mess, probably to hide 90% of costs as judicial or any other scam form of bleeding out the sweet millions for personal use.

I agree they do suck.
>They'll never contain information outside of the standard academic fields. Wanna read about that TV show you like when you were a kid about the dinosaur puppets but you can't remember the name? How about the history of POGs or automatic transmissions? Tough fucking luck.

jesus christ user, that info is available all over the web, it doesn't teach you anything, and most of the time its either out of date or wrong.

>And they're god damn expensive. I think ours was $300 in the late '80s.
True, but there were other alternatives, encarta for example, and libraries.

>But if you're doing a book report on the dewey decimal system for 8th grade asskissing, a physical encyclopedia is fine.

That was my point.

>obselete skills aren't taught

You consider, being able to discern facts from opinions, fictions and figuring out what is actual information from the bullshit of falsehoods and outright lies on the internet, to be a obsolete skill? I know college graduates who don't know how to use google. And the other day there was that report talking about how majority of people, including young kids, don't know how to use a fucking computer.

Why didn't you make that post in morse-code gramps, did you not know how?

No need to thank me.

I will call Wikipedia cyberpedia from now on.

Thanks user

Wikipedia is going full SJW anyway, so fuck them

>implying I didn't have over three dozen encyclopedias growing up: general encyclopedia, technical encyclopedia and historical encyclopedia, and Encyclopedia Britannica.

I grew up in a middle-class household. When we got Encyclopedia Britannica on CD the other encyclopedia didn't even get opened. Searching digital text is much faster than searching manually through books. Only a retard would think otherwise.

In university I spent some time in the library, doing my own research while anything I needed for actual classes I'd use JSTOR.

>"we won't bother you with ads!"
oh cool, I hate when ads pop up, occupy half the screen, etc
>wikipedia blocks literally half the page with 150pt text with huge red border to donate
OH COME ON

thanks google

It's not just Wikipedia, it's really the whole Wikimedia Foundation right? I use Wiktionary quite a bit too.

I'm going to donate $100 to Wikipedia just to spite your Nazi ass