BSODs after installing new CPU

So I recently installed a new CPU (AMD FX 8350), and since then I've been getting some BSODs and I have a feeling it has something to do with installing the new CPU, because this actually has never happened to me on this computer. I'm fairly certain that everything is seated correctly and I installed it properly, but I could be wrong.

I'll post the BSODs that I have. All these were happening when I was playing GTA 5, and no other game. I did have it crash once when I was running Prime95 as well.

However, the most recent one that I got (image3.jpg) happened when I was simply browsing the web.

I think that the problem is the motherboard, as it's old as fuck. It could also be the ram, because that's also old as shit.

Could the fact that I'm using the stock cooler have anything to do with it either?

Any thoughts would be appreciated because this shit is pissing me off beyond belief.

Other urls found in this thread:

gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3967&kw=GA-M68MT-S23.1#
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

try again @ SQT

BSOD #1

>try again @ SQT
What did he mean by this?

Format and install 10 Ent

nobody cares about ur BSODs

Do a clean install of windows

>Format and install 10 Ent
What the fuck is 10 Ent?

I think that's a good idea. I want to do that anyway since I have so much bullshit garbage on my HDD that I don't have time to go though and delete

Thanks for the help Sup Forums

Worthless board full of worthless people.

You're welcome.

:^)

Looks like it's overheating. What thermal paste spreading technique did you use?

>fx cpu installed

You think it's overheating? I just used the default square that was pre-applied on the stock heatsink.

Luckily I just bought some arctic silver thermal paste. Should I reapply using that and see what happens?

I have been monitoring my temps with SpeedFan and it would max out around 60C if I remember correctly.

Right now on idle it's running about 42C. Or 50C. I have no clue which one my CPU is.

Yea I'd put a rubber on and get back in there

Sounds good sir.

Remove the old thermal compound with 70% rubbing alcohol and a coffee filter?

Top it off with some of the aftermarket stuff and see if that gets your anywhere first.

Cool, thank you.

I take back what I said here: Not all of you are worthless sacks of shit.

Youre using an ancient GeForce 7000series chipset that barely supported phenoms ii x6.

There no supported for your cpu. And I think the chipset itself Will shit all over with win10.

Also motherboard mostly supported 95w cpus not 125w.

Thank you, this is actually probably the issue.

New Motherboard then?

gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3967&kw=GA-M68MT-S23.1#

Did you look at this list? Did you make sure that your CPU was on this list before buying and installing it? No?

People who assume anything is supported as long as it physically fits into the socket are the reason why Intel just changes the damn sockets every couple of years so people are forced to get new boards with new chipsets.

You could have fried your stuff like this.

Have you updated the BIOS for the motherboard?
I suggest you check the temps on the motherboard.

This board is not made for this, try google

Gonna place an order for a new motherboard.

Made the exact mistake that you mentioned "People who assume anything is supported as long as it physically fits into the socket are the reason why Intel just changes the damn sockets every couple of years so people are forced to get new boards with new chipsets."

Seriously, thanks for the insight guys.

how old is your ram? I had bsods on my phenom II 965, went to a i5 4670, still had bsods, changed 2 gpus during that time, still had bsods, bought 2 ssds, still had bsods, and then when I finally changed my ram all my bsods disappeared

I'm amazed it even booted to be honest.

Grab a nice 970/990 board and call it a day. Preferably one with good MOFSETs for overclocking.