IT'S HAPPENING

IT'S HAPPENING

Those specs look great, what's the price point?

>no ethernet

>Global LTE-A
This is how you rape everything else on the market.

>ethernet
>on a laptop
>2017

What the fuck, don't see a RJ45 socket...
Why, so close...

Just use a USB 3.0 NIC.

If I wanted a Mac, I would buy a Mac.

>Just use a dongle
See:

This motherfucker right here.

I guess Thinkpad is kill now.

>DDR3
>Intel HD graphics
>No ethernet
>ACTUAL battery life up to 11hrs

fuck, there hasn't been a good Thinkpad for over a decade now

Will there be a T470/s?

Does it have removable battery and user-upgradeable RAM and HDD?

Fuck off Macfag

this

No... This can't be our new Anniversary Thinkpad... Right...

>thin meme

Thinkpads are supposed to be a business machines, not "sleek" Apple wannabes.
The dimensions of the old X-series laptops were already perfect.

It's a carbon. They're always a compromise.

No, this is an early leak, Lenovo already said that the official announcements will be held at the 28th of this month and the 3rd of January, I'm assuming they will present the line this month and make a huge show out of the Anniversary Thinkpad in January.

Also, Richard Sapper, the creator of the Thinkpad design, died last December, so they will probably have some sort of keynote to honor him.

This

Fuck off, hobbyist computer user.

>so they will probably have some sort of keynote to honor him.

"To honor his legacy we will remove the red thinkpad nipple and most of the slots to honor his legacy by having his thinkpads be the most functional thinkpads for the rest of human history"

1. Yes
2. Yes to battery and hdd, no to ram (the very first carbon already had soldered on ram)

welp laptops are dead to me now

Lenovo actually respects his design, they didn't even drift off from his design with the new keyboards that everyone hates, the keys are based on the initial prototype laptop designed by Richard Sapper that later became the Thinkpad line.

Is the trackpad glass? My current xiaomeme notebook air 13.3 has it and I honestly can't see myself going back to any non-smooth trackpads.

Also dedicated small GPU for vidya when

>Also dedicated small GPU for vidya when

Well it has 2 TB3 ports, you can connect an eGPU if you wanted to.
The T470 and T470p will get dedicated GPUs.

Noice

1. Yes
2. Yes to battery and hdd, no to ram (the very first carbon already had soldered on ram)

>Global LTE-A

hard as diamonds

Why are you all so manic about school laptops? its not cool at all

>chiclet keys
>anorexic wedge shape
>conspicuous lack of ports
as if there aren't enough shitty MBA clones out there. When will the Apple cancer end?

1. Tell me one alternative to chiclet keys for super thin laptops.
2. It's supposed to be super thin, that's the entire point of the Carbon line.
3. Kek, what? 2 Thunderbolt 3 ports, ethernet port, USB 3.0(3.1?) port (I can't tell how many those pictures are shit), headphone jack, what more do you expect? It's their fucking slim line.

No one going to point out the fact that they went with the original thinkpad design and not some macbook copy?

>ethernet port
I wish

15.5 hours of battery life.
That's 3X what the new Macbook Pro has.

>up to
will probably be around 4 hours :^)

>inb4 $1499

I see two USB Type A ports on it but not the USB Type C.

> What's the resolution?
> 2560x1440
> Is that HD?
> Quite.
> It's quite HD?
> Yes, well quite HD.
> Journalist jots down WQHD resolution.

That's how it works isn't it?

Retro Thinkpad when?

No.

That info is one year old already, it's still unclear if they're even making such a thing.

HD is 720p
Wide Quad HD (720p*4)

>14"
Thinkpad finished and bankrupt

>IR camera
Fuck you ghosts!

>No numpad
Why is this allowed?

>numpad
it will then have to be 15.6" wide screen and i'd forever be hard.

Fuck you, numpads are cancer in laptops. No one wants to keep their hands aligned to the left permanently just because numpad is faster once every blue moon when you actually need one. Keyboard should be quite symmetrical in laptops where you might actually keep it on your lap.

If you would actively need a numpad you would have a seperate numpad or keyboard for work.

>thinking wireless is as fast
>thinking wireless is as reliable
>falling for the radio jew

At work. Developing data processing program. Test runs on wireless. Actual run on Ethernet. Why? BECAUSE IT WAS TWICE AS FUCKING FAST.

>inb4 Sup Forums doesn't work

only $3999

Still a low voltage dual core?

>BECAUSE IT WAS TWICE AS FUCKING FAST.

Ask your Boss to buy a new router.

>implying

It's never as fast. Not unless you're the only one on the router and you're sitting 3 feet away from it. I don't care what you buy.

Probably 2000$.

See you in 2030, when it's gonna be the new T410

X1 Carbon is their Chink Fake MacBook range. Wait for the X270 or T470 etc for your classic Thinkpad with ethernet and non cucked components etc.

What happened to the thinkpad retro

This, who cares if it's thin or not.

>black macbook

>what's a P50

Does it come with Active Munglement Engine?

>TN panel
top lel

Yeah, which will be the T570. It's not got the thin meme that the carbon does, but you're asking for a numpad. Clearly you're a functionality over meme kind of person.

More like 2021, and the new T410 would be the T460

Literally take a few seconds to look at Lenevo's website right now. Also,

>Thinking DDR4 even matters

>silver option

Where's the OLED option?

It doesn't have any graphics memory :(

>T570
when's it coming out? jan '17?

>When will this Apple cancer end.

About the time the autists of this board realize their opinions honestly matter to no one.

This tbqh

>autists of this board
more like when thinkpad's manufacturers decide that their brand is for the functionality lover and not some who wants "something that just looks pretty" and they do not have to centipede apple.

How much will it be?
If it's MacBook price I may as well just get a MacBook since there is no Ethernet

you should get a macbook
brand new Chinkpads are as pricey as macbooks

>he thinks AC rated speeds are attainable in the real wold

My god, I hate children

>silver option
It's a fucking Macbook.

>What is WiGig
Granpa, we no longer live in 20th century. Deal with it.

>If I wanted a Mac, I would buy a Mac.

But X1 is a Mac.

Or at least it's not a real Thinkpad.

>>Intel HD graphics
Kys gaymer faggot

>Kys
Kill yourself and fuck off.

>carbon itoy clone
who cares

the Carbon is gookovo's poor copy of one

What are good laptops/desktops for multimedia and gaming? I want to produce music and play video games.

Once again, it's only attainable if you're the only one and you're 3 feet from the router.

It's fast...but not as fast.

>Ethernet on a laptop
What the fuck am I reading? The entire point of a laptop is mobility and you're not exactly mobile if you're anchored down by a fucking cord.
If you wanted an Ethernet connection why the fuck didn't you just buy a desktop.

Because I don't want to carry my desktop to work every morning?

builds character you weak sissy
back in my day desktops were twice as large and heavy and we had to walk all the way to work with them

Is it common practice in America to have to buy your own laptop for a job?
Like do you have to own a laptop to get a job? If you don't have one you have to go to the bank and apply for a laptop loan?

Pls
I carried my PDP-11 every morning 3 miles up the mountaintop where my workplace is.
But now I've developed back problems for some unknown reason and the doctor ordered me to get a laptop.

yes, they will honor Sapper by fucking up the original modular design even more and converting it further into an ishit clone

can't top this

pls have ryzen

pr stunt
>classic Thinkpad
nowhere near classic

>s it common practice in America to have to buy your own laptop for a job?
depends
the trend is called byod

often there are still corporate issued machines preloaded with their software and policies

We bought a X1 Carbon for my dad. It came with an ethernet adapter inside. What do you mean by "no ethernet"? Is the adapter not included anymore, or is there no such port anymore?

My dick is hard

No retro though unfortunately

Yes. Intelligence Insideā„¢.