Help me Delete this Abomination called "Norton"

I bought this laptop and it came with Norton on it, I can easily uninstall it. But that's not enough. I want to delete this folder, but it won't give me permission.

It's personal now. I hate Norton and can't stand the fact that this stupid file has more permissions than me, the one who owns this pc.

Please god let me eradicate this abomination of software.

Other urls found in this thread:

letmegooglethat.com/?q=how to uninstall norton
support.norton.com/sp/en/uk/home/current/solutions/v60392881_EndUserProfile_en_us
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Literally install gentoo

I'm guessing you don't have admin on the computer which is why you've not uninstalled it, I mean deleting that folder deletes the folder - uninstalling deletes the folder, deletes the data and deletes registry values

I do have admin, right now it's personal. I just want to delete the folder because fuck norton

In due time my friend.

If the laptop came with Windows it's probably some shit version like Home, just format the hard drive and install Enterprise or Pro instead.

you're a fucking autist, firstly why do we need a thread dedicated to spoonfeeding you information you can find on google, secondly why the fuck didn't you post in the stupid/small questions thread and finally how the fuck can something with a computer be personal- the fact that you can't delete that folder is good otherwise a piece of malware could delete the folder, disabling your AV then download and execute a real piece of malware after it's made you defenseless

I know this, I just want to know how to get ownership of windows 10 system files. Apparently you can't. But I know there has to be a way around. I need this knowledge to strike down Norton... and rid him from these lands for good

After I delete Norton.

>how to get ownership of windows 10 system files
I googled this and literally the first result told me how to do it, why are you on Sup Forums if you can't use google, I bet you go on Sup Forums don't you be honest

>wincucks don't even have permissions to modify anything on their computer
You don't even own that computer. Literally can't make this shit up

There is only one good AV...
its ESET

letmegooglethat.com/?q=how to uninstall norton

oh i know I fucking hate windows. I hate norton more

i dont want to uninstall i want to punish this file and delete it.

none of that shit works, thats why im here

I launched my windows 10 vm, and tried using that method to delete the norton folder, it worked perfectly

this shit came preinstalled on an MSI. I tried it, it doesn't work. I tried countless methods. Please help, I can't just let norton win.

Boot via USB Ubuntu and delete the folder. It's THAT easy.

See? this man helped. everyone else just shat on me. Fuckin wankers. Looks like I won Norton.

Oh, look. Wasn't the windows community the "nice guys", while the other communities being "toxic"?
Wasn't windows the "friendly" operative system where you don't have to use a search engine to solve your problems?

You didn't win since you didn't delete it through Windows

Who the fuck ever told you that

fuck you.

ctrl+shift+esc

Look for anything related to norton. End the tasks

Delete

This board is full of people who claim that. So it was a lie? So basically they are being hypocrites?

also replace norton with glasswire for a firewall done right

No permission to the file folders. Im an admin, I just dont have "super" admin privileges

have you uninstalled norton through control panel?

Take ownership of the folders and delete

support.norton.com/sp/en/uk/home/current/solutions/v60392881_EndUserProfile_en_us

Unless your name is Johnny Kernel, you won't be deleting anything anytime soon.

I used command prompt, "access denied"

Uninstalling wouldn't satiate my need to take ownership and violate it's folder

no i want to delete the folder

get unlocker

what about ultimate? is is any good?
what are pros? what are cons?

Can you right click and change the permissions to this?

If this doesn't work. I wouldn't really know what to do unless I look at it. At this point you're better off just making a linux live usb and delete the folders.

I remember that my family had this, but I don't remember other things. I think it was good.
I have Avira.

Google it you illiterate.

just format your shitty computer already and put linux on it

>winblows 10

>you're a fucking autist

Open command prompt as Administrator

rmdir "Norton Security" /s
rmdir "NortonInstaller" /s