I'M A LIAR!!!

I applied to a job as Junior System Administrator and they called me for an interview which is tomorrow.

What do I have to know? I know how to use Windows, how to install things and uninstall, LAN, Wireless settings, TCP/IP.
They want also DHCP, WAN, what's that?

I'm fucked?

Help an user not to be a NEET anymore :(
(well I'm not NEET 'cause I study but)

Lel good luck retard. Try something you're actually qualified for next time, I hear flipping burgers is good.

Shit bait

How do you not know what DHCP and WAN is?

4/10 bait because I responded.

dhcp is one way of randomly distributing IP numbers to machines on the networks

wan is like the opposite of lan

You are in luck if they use windows. Just act kinda annoyed and tell them you've mostly used gnu/linux (pronounced nulinux) so it may take you a few days to learn how to use a mouse and be super ineffective.

>>IP numbers
>> numbers

>I'm fucked?

suck it up kiddo

>What do I have to know?
How to use google and troubleshoot problems.

It's usually a corporate asslicking contest. Research the firm and don't be scared is a golden rule.

Last month i tried to get a job as a sysadmin and they told me they use chink proprietary crap that literally nobody use aside peanuts like them. I'm kinda glad they didn't hired me as a shitty experience with a obscure walled garden is just waste of time.

Ok guys, so I'm gonna search what a Sysadmin is supposed to know.

Tell them how to break into the American voting system for biasing elections.

I just found out this is an outsourcing company.
So I'll be redirected to another company if I pass the interview.

Any suggestions?

>Any suggestions?
Learn to altavista

And you fuckers whine about Pajeet taking your jobs.

Most places are going to want you to be fluent with both Windows and Linux. The days of hiring 100% Windows only sysadmins is coming to an end with all of this new container development coming about.

I use Ubuntu for a year now so I have a little experience with this OS.
I know commands, how to solve some problems.

I have to know how to solve every error possible?

>they use chink proprietary crap that literally nobody use aside peanuts like them.

The sad thing is this has been pretty common at everyplace I have been interested in. Every piece of proprietary software wants to create it's own scripting language as well, it's ludicrous. Why can't we just settle on bash and powershell.

The only difference between pajeet and OP is pajeets will work for less.

Well, well, well, I'm going to be myself tomorrow and I'll lie like a motherfucker.
Hope they won't test me for my knowledge.

You don't actually need to know anything. Anything you do know is outdated and no longer of any consequence. As a junior system administrator your job is to do things the senior system administrator tells you to do. Your willingness to do these things in a timely manner are the only job requirement.

In the interview: You take direction well. You're inventive and quick to discover solutions to new problems. You show up every day on time, usually a little early.

And that's about it. If there's a practical test, do try to not be electrocuted or suffocated. Good luck.

WAN is the Internet. If you're posting here, you are already an expert!

DHCP means you need to know what every IP address could ever possibly mean. How will you spot an APIPA address? They all start with the same numbers; look up what those numbers are and then you can impress them by knowing.

Just follow orders.
You're not supposed to take any initiatives before a loooong time.

Thank you!

NIce to hear this. I read that they will also test me to get certificates in a few months IF I'm accepted.

Not random, just automatic.

The guy that hired you do not want to loose the face.
They will train you to pass whatever certificates are required, no need to stress. Following your first days at work, just read on the net on the evening what you heard about all day long.

Fake it till you know it.

Sounds like they just need someone to move around, inhale, exhale etc. All kidding aside, they know youll learn their way after time, on the job. Just make sure youre friendly, polite, and appear comptetent. The rest falls into place when the employer is confident you can learn as you go.

Update us tomorrow user

Thats pretty retarded, if they want someone that can do both they're retarded both are in depth and different skillsets those companies will also never find anyone bevause of their retarded requirements

I will, user. I'll have the interview in 15 hours.

Good to read that, Anons.
Now I'm confident in my skills and sure I'll make it.

Seems like I'm b2b with KEK.

>>randomly
>>the opposite of lan

Exactly this, just don't spill the spaghetti.
If I had a nickel for everyone who just told shit whenever they were supposed to know their job, I would be rich.

Don't lie outright by pretending you know something, just make them rephrase, saying you want to do it the way they do it.

By appearing humble and eager to learn, things will go just as smooth as a fart on an ice patch.

Throw some of those interviews this way please, I'm in small business and bored as fuck wanting to get out to something more interesting.

>Muh I'm willing to learn meme
Sorry to tell you user but most employers don't give one shit about that, they aren't going to waste money and manhours learning your stupid ass up.

Why do you think a jr sys admin role exists?

The whole post was a joke, user.

>user lies, ruins the interview, and potentially screws up his career options because the only network connection he's made, he's lied to
The madman. Cancel the interview, get a job you're actually qualified for.

It's a UDP protocol used to automatically assign an IP Address, DNS Address(es), Subnet mask and Default Router address to a client machine.

Uses ports 67,68

>They want also DHCP, WAN, what's that?
>I'm fucked?

Obviously

Just say "alright" at the questions they ask you
I can help you with "basic" stuff if someone need help is a plus
If they have everything set you have time to learn what they have and what they do
look confident also
>Google is your friend
Learn some shit before you go

Just don't go to the interview

Just remember that "Install gentoo" is never the wrong answer.

This.
>I plan to migrate all your servers to Gentoo Linux to effectively leverage the supportive developer community and free license

Ingram micro cloud?

>they aren't going to waste money and manhours learning your stupid ass up.

I have been a sysadmin in several different companies now, and I would be terrified if someone came in claiming to "know everything" and not require any on-the-job training. We have completely custom remote monitoring & management tools at my current company that your going to have to spend a few dozen hours learning the in's and out's of, especially since you can't just google it. Not just that, but places respond to events and emergencies different that also require some reading and training.

The interview is a formality, you're too expensive compared to Pajeet who will work for half your wage

I hope you get fired so someone else who has done some of there own learning will get it

Fake it til you make it. "Shit, I've been hired, I don't know how to actually do this, fuck" is a common first step on the ladder but if you know how to use Windows you already have some form of intelligence and a leg over 99.99% of the population - whatever you need to do, you just cram it in online courses as quickly as you can before you start. You'll be fine. Good luck.

this
sorry OP you're not getting the job

This OP. I get paid $12 an hour to reheat frozen food.