Fuck this gay earth

Fuck this gay earth
This week my phone got unfixable boot loop bug and today I get home and the raid my OS is on died.
I got off from work after only 13 hours and was going to relax when normally I have to go straight to sleep.
Instead of that I'm stuck phone posting from my old RAZR HD

Can you describe the boot loop in more detail?
Also:
>using raid

Just buy an iPhone and iTablet

dude you look like a 40 year old sperglord
give us a photo of your spaz chariot

That's what you get for falling for the raid meme.

Never had an iPhone that lasted long, comparable to cheap chink shit

just get another drive- take the failed drive out put new drive in, problem solved
raid controller will rebuild array

It's RAID 0 dude. That's no parity and thus he is boned.

LG G4,apparently they all eventually do it
I'm 29

BTW fixed my raid by unplugging and replugging both ssds

jordan?

Have you tried flashing it with whatever flashing tool's available for that phone?
I got an Android tablet that recently got the same bug, tried everything, found a bloke (that was in Russia) that could replace the NAND for 2,000 rubles, paid him that, and now it works, maybe you can find one I don't know.

hi, (back on my machine now that the RAID is fixed)

Now, does anyone know if when u get a new modem for comcast you need to call them or something?

>raid

you ask for this

try just plugging it up and see if it works, if not then you'll have to call them

I'm not handing my phone over to anyone, mate. I'll just buy a new one when I have the time.

I understand, mate.

>BTW fixed my raid by unplugging and replugging both ssds

>mfw my OS drive is 4 SSDs in RAID 0
Granted, I do weekly image backups, so I don't really feel like its living that dangerously.

>RAID0
BAHAHAHAHAHA OMFG, YOU FUKKEN RETARD

If you're going to run a RAID array, you go for either RAID1 or RAID5 or you just drop the whole idea.

>I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about: The Post

Depends how its all configured, dynamic IPs most likely should be easy to just drop in and let the modem figure it out. If you have a static IP which im sure you dont, there may be a bit more involved.

If you use dsl or a pppoe connection youll need to log in. Odds are itll be simple.

not even close kiddo

The Apple iPhone 7 Plus doesn't have this problem.

What exactly am I wrong about?

RAID is a shit idea anyway without four drives for RAID5, and I doubt most anons here need RAID1 mirrors of their whole drives constantly.

I've been managing RAID arrays for most of my adult life.

>RAID0
time to fire up those backups

>speed
>cost effectiveness

I'm going to assume you are just baiting, but RAID 5 is almost never a good idea unless you need high uptime at the cost of lower IO/s.

RAID 1 is fine for people who have the cash to splash on an additional drive, if they don't want a faster experience.

RAID 0 is great if you want to daisychain a few cheaper drives together to form one larger contiguous partition. Also, >muh speed.
Yeah, you don't have the benefit of "redundancy", but it is far cheaper to buy a single large platter to backup to every few days or so, rather than using SSDs as a backup.

Now, stop memeing and get back to your shit sysadmin job.

You can expand a volume over several drives without RAID and thus won't lose everything if a drive dies. RAID 0 is a dumb idea.

Instead it just has its own unique problems

Good job ignoring the "performance" point.

And spanning a volume doesn't eliminate the "1 drive kills the whole volume" problem of RAID 0. It is also a fragmentation nightmare.

So here we are, back at square one, with you spouting off misguided, blog-post worthy "opinions" without regard to individual preference or needs. Great job.

>it's another "there's only 2 people on Sup Forums at a time" post.
You must be the bixnood faggot, aren't you? You're the only person who constantly says dumb shit but is so aggressively ignorant you "win" arguments because people stop bothering with you.

>post
>post responds to post
>post responds to post pointing out problems with argument, and the omission of a point made in post

OK, user. You win. I honestly don't have the capacity for this. You hate RAID 0 with all your heart. God bless.

>expecting me to read your maze made up of 4 posts.
Eat shit retard.

LOL, had to call em and it was a woman with an Indian accent and now I'm online with my new modem!

>I got off from work after only 13 hours
What ?
Are you doing 13 hours shifts ?

flipping burgers after he bangs your mom for 12 hours

yeah m8, I had a 22 hour shift 2 weeks ago. Not had a single day off since November 9, rofl!

More than 170 hours last 2-week pay period

Wow!
How much are you making annually ?

2013: 16,487
2014: 17,898
2015: 23,123
2016 YTD: 27,434

Units: USD

Not a 'murrican, so I can't really compare.
Isn't that somewhat low ? What kind of job are you doing ?

Why are there always dumb asses like you who fall into the RAID 0 meme and then inevitably come crying when their array explodes without warning?

Anybody that uses any RAID level aside from 1 or 10 for home usage and doesn't use a dedicated SAS HBA card deserves whatever happens to them.

>raid 0
Well, you at least matched one mistake with a good habit and backed up your drives, right?

nah, no reason to back up OS/programs. Just a real bummer to have to reinstall (which if you see the rest of the thread I fixed it anyway)
Yeah I'm a poorfag, cannot afford to move out of mom's basement.

>Why are there always dumb asses like you who fall into the RAID 0 meme and then inevitably come crying when their array explodes without warning?
muh speed

>and doesn't use a dedicated SAS HBA card deserves whatever happens to them
I disagree. Buggy HBA firmwares happen. Data loss happens if the HBA starts failing. SATA drives on regular AHCI with ZFS is the way to go, assuming you have ECC RAM.
Alternatively, a SAS HBA in full JBOD mode (relatively hard to find) can also do a good job.

>Yeah I'm a poorfag
I did not mean to disrespect. I hope you'll be able to get a better job soon, user.

>Anomynous

dumb phone poster

>I disagree. Buggy HBA firmwares happen. Data loss happens if the HBA starts failing
That it is definitely true with RAID cards depending on what brand you go with or what firmware updates you do. However they're infinitely better than using motherboard fakeraid and cheesing it which is what most people end up doing.

>Alternatively, a SAS HBA in full JBOD mode (relatively hard to find) can also do a good job.
This is what I was referring to in my post you replied to, I should have clarified JBOD only. They're actually really easy to find inexpensively, LSI for example makes a series of SAS II/III cards without any RAID functionality.

Sorry to hear that, Mark.

>raid my os is on
>raid 0
well you got what you deserved i guess?
the drive isn't showing up at all though? might not be the end of the world unfortunately then you wouldn't learn any lesson.