Applel is ded, long lived Applel. Why would they remove that??

Applel is ded, long lived Applel. Why would they remove that??

how do you tell how long your battery has left then?

Apple users love to be fucked by their superior corporation
sorry, I mean anally penetrated

>four 4's

Hook up a voltmeter. Shit ain't that hard.

ikr, thats fucking retarded

hope apple® makes one, I'd be ashamed to use anything other than apple® certified hardware with my macbook®

Nobody should have to do that. The most basic OS allows you to see how much battery time you have left

Just use some third party software

Maybe because no matter what OS you're using it's inaccurate as fuck?

I used a macbook air for 2 years, and the battery life indicator was always accurate. Not thats precise, but it wasn't dead wrong

Of course they will, using 3rd party one will void your warranty.

So when are we going to start up third party support for Mavericks, the last good OS X?

Mavericks is like XP sadly, we have to let it go user

because they went from 10+ hours with the MacBook air to half of that with the gimped batteries that they used in the 2016 MacBooks.

But everything after is shit, what choice do we have?

source on that?

Snow Leopard was the pinnacle of OS X.
All that had to do is sit on it and do minor changes to it.
But they just couldn't leave it alone.
They had to turn it into the monstrosity that is macOS.

ReactOS? if only

>taking him seriously

The yearly OS X release cycle was such a huge mistake.
I'm not using that shit on my Mac

so how do i downgrade to el capitan?

Download the installer and make a USB boot drive.

it is gone from the app store purchased list...

I just downloaded it a week ago.

I have no idea why but elcap never appeared on my purchased list. neither did sierra when I downloaded it

Windows 8 did this too on certain tablets, just because the time was not really calculable

I'll see if I can upload it to that joelixny.ddns.net FTP for you.

Can confirm windows 8.1 doesn't, my 2-in-1 doesn't display estimated time left even though it has a spectacular battery life thanks to two batteries.

It shows up the individual battery percentages and displays the combined value too if both are present.

I don't know what this means. Do you not want it?

I'll just use time machine, thanks senpai

Which 2in1?

ok

changed my mind
could you send it by mail?

No

please

It's impossible

no it's not

I hope so too, they probably have a way better battery estimate in their new attachment. Then these jealous freetards will just cry,

>Nobody should have to do that.

Look at this pleb. Apple will likely make a dongle for anyone who needs it. It will be simple to use. Nobody needs to see how much battery time is left on their OS, it's 2016. We don't need that now, it gives a cleaner design on the OS. Anyone who needs it can just get an attachment or even better: Something wireless.

Requesting Risitas' sub edit with the dongle talk

What mail provider do you know that will allow you to send such a large file?

This. I still use 2008-2012 macs at work, but holy shit I'm not going anywhere near the newest crap anytime soon.

Thank god for Fedora.

>Can't innovate anymore, my ass!
- Phil Shiller

can you upload it to google drive then

Toshiba click mini

What even is this conversation?

SO BRAVE

i am trying to downgrade to osx el Capitan

Not brave, courageous.

Snow Leopard is supreme

Shit was never accurate anyways

there is still the percentage indicator, they are just removing the time estimate

Because they are making the batteries smaller, thus reducing battery life, and they don't want people to notice that.

SUCH COURAG

Because it lied through its teeth. Check it with nothing open and you have 8 hours. Open calculator and it goes down to 6, open Safari or Chrome and suddenly you have 4 hours battery left.

In reality it'll last about 2 hours. :V

I can't wait for Louis reaction to this shit

User experience! It just werky

what the HECK was their reasoning behind this?

Let me guess
>you don't have an estimate on your phone
>why having something like that on macOS
>its unreliable
Unreliable: 2017 given word

*token

how can I install the lastest greatest osx (snow lion? mavericks?) on a 2015 rmbp??

Mine was never accurate

Command is anus

oy vey!
the goyim will know about the 6 minutes battery life.

You can either A) take what's offered,
B) do it yourself, or C) suffer

i own a mac, i an already suffering

You cannot install older OS X on newer computers. You can only downgrade to the software the model shipped with originally.

>new gen rMBP has shittier battery life older gen one
>"oh, better remove the indicator that makes it obvious, that way people won't know"

just apple things

How badly must itoddlers get cucked before they realize their fisher price pretend laptops are fucking shit and abandon them?

>applefucks will reply this
I've never seen people enjoying to be buttfucked this much. And I've seen a couple of blacked webms.

Magical.

people actually used that shit?

>le "You're using it wrong" defense

Yeah, Windows 8 and 8.1 did it on computers with Connected Standby (Atom CloverTrail, BayTrail and CherryTrail).
They got the battery estimation working on Windows 10.

what the fuck?

Apple. Reinvents. Batteries.

Reason : the Touchbar is literally an apple watch strapped to the keyboard
The thing drains battery life like crazy, so the macos estimates are borked

>nobody needs-
SHALL

Buy the iTime adapter for $99.99.

Apple fans are just icucks.

I wonder what would happen if one of the Linux Distributions decided to go with it. Because I agree with you.

Everything went to shit after a few years of the gay fuck Tim Cuck running the company.

Because it doesn't make sense. All it can do is predict the time remaining based on current energy usage, which is going to be inaccurate the second you open or close any application. For example if you decide to play a game or watch a movie, your estimated time remaining is probably going to get cut in half. However, how is the computer supposed to know that you were going to play a game or watch a movie? It can't.

This. Probably too many appletards looking at their idle computers going "cool this says it has 8 hours of battery left, gonna take it to campus and gayme all day on it!" then having their computers die within the hour

Eventually they'll just remove the battery altogether and strike a deal with Starbucks to install laptop chargers there. Nobody uses macbooks outside of Starbucks anyway.

What if I just do the same thing almost everyday, and in 5-6 days my computer can predict my remaining battery life
Not only that: by today's usage standards, it is pretty much cpu idle times, or just playing YouTube

Tldr: the predictions are pretty good these days. They took it out because the Touchbar is fucking up the prediction

>5-6 days my computer can predict my remaining battery life
Windows 10 does that. It's accurate as fuck.

This, senpai.
The only problem tho is how the low battery warning never appears on my laptop. I just have to always look at the battery icon or else the lap is going to shutdown in the middle of something

>
>This, senpai.
>The only problem tho is how the low battery warning never appears on my laptop. I just have to always look at the battery icon or else the lap is going to shutdown in the middle of something
Don't know why but mine does almost the same
The pop up appears and it shuts down immediately

What the fuck? This is some next level cuckery.

i have a mpb which shipped with yosemite

>The thing drains battery life like crazy, so the macos estimates are borked
If it drains battery like crazy maybe the estimates are right

also you should mention that Apple greatly reduced the battery capacity from 99.5Wh to like 70Wh while using CPUs and GPUs that were not any better in terms of power consumption. It's still a 45W Core i7 and a 35-45W GPU in the 15" Model. It shouldn't surprise anyone that the battery life is worse.

this will just draw more attention to the issue when it gets media attention

(just like you are repeating digits)

I have an 9 year old T61 with openSuse, it tells me the remaining on the battery and it's never far off. This is just Microsoft and Apple just being shit as normal then feeding user bullshit.

I don't know if the estimates are on the upper or lower side
What I'm saying is that they are fucked up bad, so they prefer to take them out entirely